Baby CAL

heart

Do you like to make baby items? Do you like to make quick and cute little things? Blankets, hats, booties, bonnets, bibs, tiny dresses or layettes? How about donating to your local church, charity or hospital? Or just make items for your family and friends' babies. Everyone is welcome. :hook Join in and show lots of photos to inspire others too!

Rules ~ Lets just have fun crocheting, posting photos and donating. As always please follow Crochetville specs. ;)

Donation Ideas....

Find a place to donate before jumping in. It can be frustrating to have a big box full of beautiful things you've made then have no where to donate them.

Ask around in your town/neighborhood, women's shelters, hospitals, community charities/outreach programs, homeless shelters.

I'll be donating mine to our local pregnancy center.

No time line, just crochet at your own pace. Little projects tend to go quickly and by the end of the month you'll be surprised at how much you were able to make.

I hope you join in the fun creating sweet little baby things with me! Have a great day!!!!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll work on a button for your blog this afternoon and see if I can get one finished and posted. I may have to wait till I get a few things made to use as the photo. When I do I'll post it here. Or link to it. :U

ADDED. I have 3 buttons you can choose from to add to your blog or you can make your own. Here is the flickr album with 3 buttons. Just click the button you want, when it opens on it's own page, right click and save. Then you can upload.

If you have blogger, you can make it clickable by copying the web address from the Baby CAL 2010 page and go to Edit Layout (on Blogger), add a gadget, click add photo/picture. In the new box that pops up, it will say Title, Caption, Link, in the link box put the web address. Upload your photo and click ok.

***If flickr won't let you right click and save, you can get the link for the photo you want by copying the web address for that photo and put it in the upload photo box, still following the clickable instructions and putting the Baby CAL 2010 web address in the Link box. ;)

I'm in! I am currently making baby blankets and hats for a local hospital. I was informed that some babys are going home not well dressed for the weather. I've already donated 4 blankets and now I'm making some hats.

I'll join you, I make items for the local pregnancy resource center. I just finished a blanket and am nearly finished another one. I'm planning to make another one for the Greek games too.

I'm a slow crocheter, so one item a month is my goal. The ladies club at my church collects items for donation every January. Sometimes we do a second donation if the center is low on supplies.

I am in also, I donate to the local hospital where my niece is a baby nurse... she loves to give out the goodies I make, I do hats, blankets, and also make for those who don't make it....I make burial gowns and blankets.... sometimes that is hard, but it is always appreciated.... I will see if I can get some pixs taken... Great idea

I am in also, I donate to the local hospital where my niece is a baby nurse... she loves to give out the goodies I make, I do hats, blankets, and also make for those who don't make it....I make burial gowns and blankets.... sometimes that is hard, but it is always appreciated.... I will see if I can get some pixs taken... Great idea

I've made a bereavement blanket and I cry every time. They are a blessing to those who receive them.

I have never made a bereavement item before, but I am the mother of a stillborn baby girl (she would be 10 yrs now!) and I know that had someone offered me such a gift back then I would have appreciated it so much more than words can say. I didn't crochet myself back then so I really would have loved something hand made.

I would like to participate in this & will possibly put my focus on making things for those going through what we once did...if anyone knows of somewhere specific to donate, I would LOVE to hear about it. :manyheart

I have never made a bereavement item before, but I am the mother of a stillborn baby girl (she would be 10 yrs now!) and I know that had someone offered me such a gift back then I would have appreciated it so much more than words can say. I didn't crochet myself back then so I really would have loved something hand made.

I would like to participate in this & will possibly put my focus on making things for those going through what we once did...if anyone knows of somewhere specific to donate, I would LOVE to hear about it. :manyheart

:hug I will definitely look for somewhere for you to send your items. A hospital NICU may offer them and you could also ask a pregnancy center if they know of somewhere local too Kelly. As soon as I find a reputable place, I'll let you know. ;) You could write a little note card to attach as well. A Christian based funeral home may hand out your blankets to comfort the families who have lost a baby too.

A local hospital would be a good place to start. The infant bereavement coordinator would be a good contact. I lost my son five years ago. I have donated items to the hospital specifically for that reason.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My heart breaks a little every time I hear about another person who has lost a child. Hugs to you

I'm going to start on hat and bootie sets and maybe a few little dresses too. This is the hat I'm going to make. On Ravelry on Etsy it's Pretty in Pink. The dress I'm going to start on is one of my favorites, Angel Wings Pinafore, it's quick and easy too. Hopefully I can start one before the end of the week. I know summer is coming but I like the little jackets that are 2 ~ 6 sided granny squares put together making the jacket. Those are neat too.

A local hospital would be a good place to start. The infant bereavement coordinator would be a good contact. I lost my son five years ago. I have donated items to the hospital specifically for that reason.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My heart breaks a little every time I hear about another person who has lost a child. Hugs to you

thank you...and big hugs right back at ya!:hug

i know just what you mean.

Hi you all...I would love to join this CAL. I love making baby items.

My typical charity to dotante to is the crisis pregnancy center in my parent's town (as I have been doing things to support them for many years.) Last year I met the goal to put a pair of booties in every layette my church put together....40 pairs in all. So, I hope to accomplish the same goal this year (the layettes are put together in early January) and I am thinking of adding hats this year as well. I have also made things for the local crisis pregancy center, when they place needs in the bulliton.

We are also very blessed to be expecting a second little one, due September 10th, 2010 so of course, I will be crocheting for our little girl (or boy) as well :-).

I look foward to seeing everyone's work as it inspires me greatly!

Hi you all...I would love to join this CAL. I love making baby items.

My typical charity to dotante to is the crisis pregnancy center in my parent's town (as I have been doing things to support them for many years.) Last year I met the goal to put a pair of booties in every layette my church put together....40 pairs in all. So, I hope to accomplish the same goal this year (the layettes are put together in early January) and I am thinking of adding hats this year as well. I have also made things for the local crisis pregancy center, when they place needs in the bulliton.

We are also very blessed to be expecting a second little one, due September 10th, 2010 so of course, I will be crocheting for our little girl (or boy) as well :-).

I look foward to seeing everyone's work as it inspires me greatly!

Congratulations! :yay

I will join but I can't do anything until after the Greek Games are over. I will be crocheting and knitting to donate to a lady on here who collects blankets and other items for the NICU in her area. Actually technically I can join immediately :lol I am knitting a op art blanket for my baby (due in July, but only if its a girl) in purple and black and then the blanket I am making for the Greek Games is for this baby also but if its a boy....still have about 5 weeks before we can find out the sex of the baby.

..Every year on my oldest son's birthday I donate preemie things to the nicu unit he was in at birth... one item for every year of his age... he will be 29 this year! Solet me join in so I finish on time...

last year I did hats... this year I would like to do something different and thought these little bears would be a cute little addition to decorate the incubators

Bears

..Every year on my oldest son's birthday I donate preemie things to the nicu unit he was in at birth... one item for every year of his age... he will be 29 this year! Solet me join in so I finish on time...

last year I did hats... this year I would like to do something different and thought these little bears would be a cute little addition to decorate the incubators

Bears

Great idea and these bears are soooo cute!!

Archived