Baby CAL

heart

Finally! Hahaha! I would have uploaded these photos a day or so ago, but my kodak easy share program wouldn't load and I couldn't transfer my photos from my camera to my notebook. It worked today! Thank you Lord! Yay! Now, on to the good stuff. :D

This little hat is just sc's in the back loop till it was big enough to go around a newborn's head, then I sewed the top together to get the little fluffy thing on top. The blanket is a fly v stitch. I think I posted about that a few posts back. I can't wait for them to get the baby's gifts. The hat is white and orange because it's the daddy's favorite team colors. The white in the hat isn't really neon looking, it was just bad lighting for a photograph.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love those colors! That is so pretty. I haven't tried a flannelghan yet. I might have my husband pick some colors and work on one through out the year as a birthday or Christmas present for him. Knowing him he'd say yellow, orange and red, lol. He likes fall colors and he really likes crocheted blankets. His mom used to crochet all the time, so he loves anything crocheted.

Heart-Thanks for sharing! The daddy is giong to LOVE that baby can dress to cheer his team on. I love the blanket, particullary the interesting way you did the stripes. It's out of the ordinary, but it is lovely,and it make the blanket "fresh."

Gardener-What a sweet pink blankie for a little girl!

ladeis those are awsoem stuff

heart

where did you get the hats patterns from i love them :yes

I didn't really use a pattern. I've been making things out of the Crochet That Fits book by Mary Jane Hall, and her stuff is made side to side that way. I just made a chain the height I wanted the hat to be then did several rows of sc in the backloop back and forth till it was about the right size to go around a baby's head, then I added a few rows of orange and sewed up the seam, then gathered the top and sewed it up. I've seen hat patterns like this before too, I just can't remember where. :hook

~Thanks everybody! :D

Hi Everyone!!! Here is the baby round ripple and matching hat I finished last week. I have also finished another baby round ripple which is part of my crochet games challenge and is pictured here on the Team Baby chat if you want to see it. :)

post-22056-135897505962_thumb.jpg

post-22056-135897505953_thumb.jpg

post-22056-135897505961_thumb.jpg

WOW! :woo That rr is awesome! The colors are so cool for a baby. I love that you used those bright colors. It's really something special. Great job!

Thank you very much! :hug I actually didn't think the pictures turned out very well. The colors are so much prettier in person. This was my first rr and the one posted on the crochet games team baby board was only the second. Now I am working on the third and I have just been amazed at how quickly and easily they are completed. :yes

kraftynkrazy-what nice blanket! I adore the bright colors! Congratualtions on completing your crochet winter games' projects!

Did you use Aggie mae's round ripple, or a different pattern?

Thank you! I have only completed half of my crochet games projects but I am well on my way! :clap I used this pattern: http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html . I hope that link works. :lol

Hi, I have written a pattern for a baby gown, and am seeking pattern testers for it. Thought I would suggested it to all you ladies in the Baby CAL. Here's the link to the pattern testing page.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2003699#post2003699

P.S. In a couple of weeks, I plan to offer it as a FREE PATTERN.

I made these for my baby, she's 2, so she's not so little, but the slipper pattern I used is for babies. I just modified it to fit Anna. The original pattern is in thread and works up so quickly. Such a special blessing to give baby slippers made in thread. Here's that link. Ahhh, the wool eater....it's in scrap baby yarn I have. The next color will be white, then I'll begin again with the pink. It's kind of hard to see in the photo, but the colors are pink, purple, blue, green, yellow.

I love the pictures of the little things you all have made. You did a great job and I love the colors you chose. Great job everyone!

Well, didn't get much accomplished this week, not feeling well so had a slow week. Anyway, didn't get the pictures of my squares done yet so will try to post them early next week. I have 25 squares of 42 done for a baby afghan and and I also have a baby outfit started so although I had little progress this week, I should be able to finsih at least one of these by end of next week if not both. Only two more baby outfits to go after these are done.

Christie, that is a great RR.

Heart, that is going to be a really nice baby blanket. The colors are just beautiful.

I think the baby slippers are very sweet. I hope someday to have a granddaughter to make something like that for. (I have three grandsons already)

Hi Everyone...may I join you? I volunteer for the USO at DFW Interntional Airport. We have daily flights of troops returning to the middle east. One of the services we offer is our "Reading Room" where soldiers can spend some quiet time with their children before leaving or can video themselves reading a story for their children. The USO then Fedex's the DVD to the family. I have been asked couple of times in the past week if I would crochet some blankets for this project. They are given as gifts to the babies & young children of our soldiers. I love making baby blankets! I won't set a hard "goal" for now. I just love to crochet & I love this board! :manyheart

Hi Everyone...may I join you? I volunteer for the USO at DFW Interntional Airport. We have daily flights of troops returning to the middle east. One of the services we offer is our "Reading Room" where soldiers can spend some quiet time with their children before leaving or can video themselves reading a story for their children. The USO then Fedex's the DVD to the family. I have been asked couple of times in the past week if I would crochet some blankets for this project. They are given as gifts to the babies & young children of our soldiers. I love making baby blankets! I won't set a hard "goal" for now. I just love to crochet & I love this board! :manyheart

Welcome jammerholly! What a wonderful project to undertake! :clap

Archived