Baby CAL

heart

I'm in. My DD & I have a friend who is gonna be a grandpa soon. So I need to make something for him (it's a boy) & I also have a plastic bin mostly full of baby yarn that I need to use up. I'm sure I can find a charity here. I used to donate to a children's cancer group, but they ended up overwhelmed with stuff, so I took a break. I'll check them & maybe the women's crisis place too.

Thanks for starting this thread! Sometimes it takes a push to get going on charity work again. And yet it's so fulfilling to know you're doing something nice for someone.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to join, my daughter is having my first granddaughter in 3 weeks I have started nothing. Bad grandma, bad grandma This will get me going. I want to make a diaper bag to start. I have been looking for the 2010 bag I saw all the pretty pics. anyone know where I can find pattern? My first cal I hope I get it right pictures posted and all. Sign me up.

I would like to join, I hope you get this my post seem to disappear when I go back to stay in my place. Anyway, as I said when my post got lost. My daughter is having my first granddaughter in 3 weeks, I have made nothing I wanted to make a diaper bag I liked the 2010 crocville bag I saw somewhere in the village can someone point me to it? I have a deep rose pink and a chocolate brown worsted in my yarn vault. Thought that would be pretty. She doesn't like baby looking bags. Her first bag was suede I need to make so much this will keep me focused. I hope I don't loose this post again. I am hitting the button Wish me success.

Hi ladies!

Here are some baby gowns that I have made using the first pattern I have every written! It is a free pattern, so be sure to check it out for the babies in your lives.

Free Pattern:http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2013658#post2013658

Show and Tell: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=111881

post-19233-135897510328_thumb.jpg

post-19233-135897510331_thumb.jpg

post-19233-135897510333_thumb.jpg

If you have fast fingers and crochet quickly, there is a Purple newborn hat project going on right now. The purple crochet or knit hats need to be mailed in no later than March 25. Here are a few links to give you more information on that charity. Newborn hats need to be purple.

The Period of Purple Crying info on what it is

Crocheters of NC's Blog blog post about the charity

They also have a Facebook page. Actual info on the charity/mailing info, ect,...

Can I still join? It seems like most of the items that I make are for babies, so this would be perfect for me! I'd like to share a few pics of my latest projects.

post-6187-135897510537_thumb.jpg

post-6187-135897510541_thumb.jpg

post-6187-135897510546_thumb.jpg

awww....

that is so cute!

i would love to join...

though i am doing mostly bags and swimsuits and doilees...

can i post some?

:cheer

Sure you can. You may want to make a new post in the show and tell category for each item you have so more people will see your crochet work though. There are all kinds of areas there, clothing, thread. So more people can see your beautiful work. ;)

Can I still join? It seems like most of the items that I make are for babies, so this would be perfect for me! I'd like to share a few pics of my latest projects.

So cute! Great job! :hook:manyheart

Here is a newborn little princess crown. I made it for my husband's cousin that just had a baby girl. The next project that I am working on is a blanket for her as well.

post-6187-13589751181_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Have been gone for a while. But I found out my cuz is having their first child, a baby girl:woo! She's due in July and I am hoping to have a diaper cake done by then.

I found awesome directions on how to make them at megan.cc/NappyCake/

I'm going to crochet a couple of bibs, blankets, and toys for one.

Just popping in to say hi and see what everyone is working on. I'm still working on the baby blanket. Just over 1/2 way done and it just is taking way too long for me. Can't wait to move on to something else.

I finished a baby blanket for a friend who is due in May with her first child. Onto the next blanket for the baby who's due date I can never remember. I think that as long as I finish by the end of April, I'll be fine.

Diaper cakes are really neat. I may try to make one too. My brother is going to have his first child this summer so I will be an aunt! :woohoo Lots of baby crocheting between now and then. They are having a girl.

Archived