Baby CAL

heart

JessicaRenee520 - Thanks! I'll look into the pregnancy crisis center, that's a good idea! I really have quite a bit of stuff i could donate! I haven't been able to work the last few years so crocheting has been a Godsend!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gshall - you & i joined babycal on the same day! I also have some booties i made awhile ago that i can donate with my sweaters. So, what kind of dog is molly?

She's a lab/border collie mix - with a border collie personality. She doesn't like change or strangers near her "herd", so unfortunalty no on else knows what a great dog she is!:(

Look forward to seeing some of the stuff you make. I had never made booties until this year, but when the ladies at church asked if I could, I said "sure!" I had made 7 before I finallly came up with the 1st pair! Getting better, though. Right now I am working on a sweater, but as soon as I'm finished, I'll turn the leftovers into booties.

Gshall, thats so great - i have a border collie named princess! my last dog was a border collie named bandit! they are very special dogs. we don't live on a farm but we have a cat & the cat had one kitten so she herds the cats! she has quite the personality! as far as booties go they can be tricky, i found some patterns are easier than others you just have to find the easier ones. i usually do one of 2 or 3 patterns cause i am scared to even try again! i'm really new at following patterns and am teaching myself!

Here is the baby afghan and a sweater I made for a little boy that was born yesterday. I can't find the bearurity pal I made but will post a picture of it when I do.

post-36031-135897519321_thumb.jpg

post-36031-135897519326_thumb.jpg

Here is the baby afghan and a sweater I made for a little boy that was born yesterday. I can't find the bearurity pal I made but will post a picture of it when I do.

They are very pretty and I really love that sweater!

I recently finished two micro preemie christening sets, one in pink and one in blue, also a white thread crochet ripple, and a beautiful bunting from Shifo. I have to add ribbons etc. and will share.

I also have pics of the hats 125 in all that were crocheted by me last year for the local shelters, hospital and babies.

I am presently into preemie items and it is so reward.

Hugs

Denim

Thought I would post a couple of pics of things I finished earlier in the year. I pick the pattern based on what leftover yarn I am using. The bunny was for my nephew, but the booties were for the pregnancy center. I didn't take a pic of the other booties I made.

post-34479-135897520703_thumb.jpg

post-34479-135897520706_thumb.jpg

:hi Please can I join this CAL - there is clearly a baby boom in this part of the world at the moment!!!

My hubby's cousin has a baby girl due mid-June, a work colleague is due early Sept and a good friend of ours is due late September. My best friends baby will also be celebrating their first birthday late September. All of these need presents - my hook is smoking!!! :crocheting

And the most important arrival, due on 1st September, is our own baby :jumpyay!!! We have a scan on Wednesday when I will be 20 weeks and we will hopefully find out if I need to be crocheting pink or blue :D

So much to do and I feel like I need a little encouragement to make sure all these little babies have something to snuggle up in, in time for when they arrive!

I have had a browse through the thread and there have been some beautiful things made for some very lucky babies - I hope I can keep the standard this high!

:clapCongrats on the little one to come! Enjoy every second-my little one will be 18yrs old this year!!! I don't know how that's possible cause it seems like i just gave birth to him. can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl. I am new to this cal too and finished a baby sweater last week and will finish another one tonight! I have almost 20 sweaters, a couple sets of booties and a few hats that i'm gonna donate. I am just waiting to borrow my nieces camera so i can take pictures of everything and hopefully figure out how to post them (i am very new on the pc & don't no how to do anything!!!):think I'm also pretty new at crocheting - i'm teaching myself to follow patterns. Well, good luck to you & i'll be watching for your stuff.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I'm already working on another baby blanket and still working on the one that needs to be sewn together.

Welcome aboard to the newbies, we always enjoy seeing the projects everyone makes.

Thank you all for your warm welcomes and well wishes for my little one (Tralee - yes this is our first!!). Only 24 hours to go until I get to see Junior again at our scan!! Can't wait! :yay

I have managed to subtly deduce that my work colleague will be sticking with a yellow theme in her nursery as they don't think they are going to find out if their little one is pink or blue. I'm unsure whether to go with a white or cream blanket or maybe a pastel rainbow round ripple. :think

Hubby's cousin is setting up a small holding so I have created a graph-ghan especially for her baby with all her animals on it - quite ambitious but so far so good!! I'm hoping I will have time to make her baby girl some cardigans too - I've seen some pretty ones on Garn Studio.

And for the little man who is one in September I will make him an ami pig to go with the graph-ghan I created for him for when he was born. His daddy runs a pig farm so I made a blanket with a tractor and pigs on it!!

For my little one I have a huuuuge list consisting of blankets, clothes, ami animals, nursery accessories. I'm expecting the list to thin out a bit the closer to the big day we get - I don't think I have enough crochet hours available!!!

Wow - the list seems very big now I've typed it out!! :eek

Archived