Baby CAL

heart

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tralee, that Santa cocoon is absolutely adorable.

I finished a few more baby blankets. My goal is one item per month for donation to the local pregnancy resource center. So far this year I've made four full size blankets and two premie blankets. Most of the premie blankets I make will go to this charity:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1942167&postcount=1

post-6189-135897524063_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897524066_thumb.jpg

Congrats Jessica - it's so exciting isn't it? Will this be your first?

Very cute santa set Tralee and Cindy, those blankets are gorgeous too - everyone's been so busy!

Tralee-LOVE the Santa set!

Gardner-You blankets are so sweet. Keep up the great pace for charity!

Lynz-This is our second child. We have a girl, Clare, age 17 months. It is super exciting to be able to welcome a new little one to our home. What about you? Is this one your first child or does he have older sibblings? You may have posted this already, but when is your due date? I think our are probably close, and mine is Sept. 8th.

Wow Tralee, that set is beautiful.

Jessica - this is our first baby and we're due 1st September so we are very close!!

Anyway, onto business!! This is my progress with a graphed blanket (and a copy of my pattern) I am making for my husbands cousin who has a baby girl due middle of June. They run a small holding so I have tried to include all of her animals - alpacas, sheep, pigs, chickens and their 3 dogs!

post-13562-135897526401_thumb.jpg

Lynz, that is so cute. I've never tried the graphs. Do you tie off the yard, or keep it running?

Tralee-Love the dress set, especially how it makes a flower! (I remember admireing it earlier in the show and tell thread.)

Lynz- What a great idea for your cousin's baby. It looks wonderful although it looks like a tedious project. Keep on going!

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Lynz, that is so cute. I've never tried the graphs. Do you tie off the yard, or keep it running?

I work my graphs in sc. I don't like the finish when I run other colours underneath stitches so when I change colour at each point I leave a bobbin hanging at the back off the work and pick it up again on the next row if needed. If I don't need it anymore, I cut it off and weave in the ends.

Lynz- What a great idea for your cousin's baby. It looks wonderful although it looks like a tedious project. Keep on going!

I enjoy doing these projects, they actually work up quicker than expected - the only trouble is you have to concentrate!! The only tedious part is all the weaving in of ends!! I have only made these for other people and the appreciation I get for them certainly makes all the hard work worth it :D

I just got done donating to Dornbeckers childrens Hospital I mad 60 premee hats I bet I can do some more in between my other projects so Iam in :crocheting:cheer:cheer

Way to Go! Did you take a picture?

no i didnt think about it should have i love making them as my DD was a premee and i make them in all different sizes so they will have them to fit all of the babys i once asked about the size needed and was told make them to fit a lemon up to a grapfruit

CrochetMouse-Welcome aboard! Congrats on the SIXTY hats! What a feat!

Gshall-LOVE the set. The yellow and green will be perfect for any baby, regardless of if it is a boy or a girl. What pattern did you use to create the booties in the photo by themself?

Archived