Baby CAL

heart

Last nights project.. after hearing from my hubby that mate of ours is having a boy, he told her dad that i had made heaps of things for bub :eek.. well, he told a fib and his nose will grow :rofl so I had to get the hooks and blue wool out and whip something together.. a cardi, and beanie to start, today is bootees and a bib, tonight a burp towel.. oh the joys of hubbys!!!!

post-39843-135897561154_thumb.jpg

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last nights project.. after hearing from my hubby that mate of ours is having a boy, he told her dad that i had made heaps of things for bub :eek.. well, he told a fib and his nose will grow :rofl so I had to get the hooks and blue wool out and whip something together.. a cardi, and beanie to start, today is bootees and a bib, tonight a burp towel.. oh the joys of hubbys!!!!

That is gorgeous! Keep up the good work!

:ty :bheart

I keep getting side tracked and end up making other things! LOL!! I made bubby a little wash cloth then decided I was going to change tack for a day or so and make a doll.. Im hoping it turns out the size it said.. 20 inches.. if not, I ve made a big booboo!! :rofl

was thinking of doing a nappy bag.. not sure yet.. have to wait and see how im feeling after the doll first. prob change my mind again! LOL! So many things I want to make and not enough hands and time to do them all!!

pic is the start of my doll, wash cloth is about 5 inches long.. will be ok to wipe little messy faces i guess..

post-39843-135897561804_thumb.jpg

I try and get at least one project if not 2 done a night.. I thought i would like a bit of a challenge and do something that will take a couple of days! My hubby can get fibrefill from work.. makes the project a lot cheaper too!! im thinking of making a boy and a girl one, so as i make baby clothes i can pu them on the dolls and take pics.. i prefer homemade toys than store bought ones.. will post a pic when Ive finished..

:ty :bheart

I keep getting side tracked and end up making other things! LOL!! I made bubby a little wash cloth then decided I was going to change tack for a day or so and make a doll.. Im hoping it turns out the size it said.. 20 inches.. if not, I ve made a big booboo!! :rofl

was thinking of doing a nappy bag.. not sure yet.. have to wait and see how im feeling after the doll first. prob change my mind again! LOL! So many things I want to make and not enough hands and time to do them all!!

pic is the start of my doll, wash cloth is about 5 inches long.. will be ok to wipe little messy faces i guess..

You are onto a great start with the doll!

I try and get at least one project if not 2 done a night.. I thought i would like a bit of a challenge and do something that will take a couple of days! My hubby can get fibrefill from work.. makes the project a lot cheaper too!! im thinking of making a boy and a girl one, so as i make baby clothes i can pu them on the dolls and take pics.. i prefer homemade toys than store bought ones.. will post a pic when Ive finished..

That is amazing that you try to get so much done! You are doing great! :cheer

I haven't done a lot of baby crocheting lately, but I did finish this premie round ripple. I'm using the same yarn to make a diagonal box stitch baby blanket for the local pregnancy resource center.

That is very pretty!

I went to the baby shower today and gifted the wrap and bowl and both were well received everyone passed the wrap around and ooooed and ahhhed over the feel of the ribbon yarn

I went to the baby shower today and gifted the wrap and bowl and both were well received everyone passed the wrap around and ooooed and ahhhed over the feel of the ribbon yarn

That is wonderful! They were very pretty too!

Finished a couple of my WIP's now I'm at home on maternity leave!!

These are 2 things I've made for a colleague who's baby is due 7th Sept - she hasn't found out if it's a boy or a girl but I tried to use colours other than cream and yellow!

Baby's Room sign:

post-13562-135897563953_thumb.jpg

Baby Booties:

post-13562-135897563961_thumb.jpg

I'm finishing off a cardigan for my own little bump so as soon as I have the millions of ends woven in (didn't think about that when I picked a pattern with stripy sleeves!!) I'll post a pic!

Thanks for looking!

post-13562-135897563959_thumb.jpg

Finished a couple of my WIP's now I'm at home on maternity leave!!

These are 2 things I've made for a colleague who's baby is due 7th Sept - she hasn't found out if it's a boy or a girl but I tried to use colours other than cream and yellow!

Baby's Room sign:

[ATTACH]25585[/ATTACH]

Baby Booties:

[ATTACH]25586[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]25587[/ATTACH]

I'm finishing off a cardigan for my own little bump so as soon as I have the millions of ends woven in (didn't think about that when I picked a pattern with stripy sleeves!!) I'll post a pic!

Thanks for looking!

Those are precious!

very nice, I have finished a RR and I am working on a starghan, will post pics soon. My mom has 2 SIL's in Africa that are expecting so these items will go to my mom then to them.

ive made this last week, 5 premmie snuggle caps, diaper covers, premmie jumper, and a premmie dress top. going to donate them to the local neonatal intensive care ward. when i rang them last week, they were so greatful, no one donates to them which is a total shame, so im now on a mission to make as much as I can for these poor lil bundles of joy that have been born so tiny.. im going to got onto all my mates and get them to do the same.. even a pair of socks or a little blanket, it all makes sucj a massive difference to these tiny little ones.

• 2 weeks later...

i have an afghan id like ot get finished and need the motivation! may i join you gals? please please please?

Here is the baby set I finished last night. (I still have to buy buttons for the sweater)

The sweater and booties are from a Leisure Arts booklet that was gifted to me by Pineapple Queen. The hat sort of matches, but it is my own deswign. (I didn't care for the matching one) The set will go to the local pregnancy resource center.

post-6189-135897569354_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897569359_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897569362_thumb.jpg

Archived