Baby CAL

heart

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will join but I can't do anything until after the Greek Games are over. I will be crocheting and knitting to donate to a lady on here who collects blankets and other items for the NICU in her area. Actually technically I can join immediately :lol I am knitting a op art blanket for my baby (due in July, but only if its a girl) in purple and black and then the blanket I am making for the Greek Games is for this baby also but if its a boy....still have about 5 weeks before we can find out the sex of the baby.

Congratulations to you too! :yay

Vonnie ~ Thank you!!!!

Lea ~ LOVE the Bears!

Hi, can I join? I'm currently working on a baby afghan and many outfits for a family in our church who is expecting and have very little to live on. I also crochet for anyone I know that is having a baby whether it be a dress, sweater set, blanket, or whatever I think they will be able to use the most. One thing I found that I really really like, and I'll have to look up the pattern to see where I got it from, is as much for the mother as it is for the baby. You crochet a big vase size bootie and fill it with babie bootie roses, I think washcloths or anything small could be used to make the flowers with a little creativity and the bootie can be used by the mom to decorate and put odds and ends in or artificial flowers for years to come. I'd love to join you guys in making baby items.

Hi, can I join? I'm currently working on a baby afghan and many outfits for a family in our church who is expecting and have very little to live on. I also crochet for anyone I know that is having a baby whether it be a dress, sweater set, blanket, or whatever I think they will be able to use the most. One thing I found that I really really like, and I'll have to look up the pattern to see where I got it from, is as much for the mother as it is for the baby. You crochet a big vase size bootie and fill it with babie bootie roses, I think washcloths or anything small could be used to make the flowers with a little creativity and the bootie can be used by the mom to decorate and put odds and ends in or artificial flowers for years to come. I'd love to join you guys in making baby items.

You sure can! Sounds great! Can't wait to see some of your projects. :U Post a link when you can find that pattern, that sounds neat. Perfect for pregnancy center donations. Happy Crocheting! :hook

mommy2jj0604-Congratulations on your little one!

minwifeof4boys-Love the bear! I am definatly going to have to try this one :-).

sdeepthinker-It soundslike you have some unique ideas for baby gifts....I look foward to seeing your creations come to life.

Oh, I started the Angel Wings Pinafore last night and it's coming along rather quickly. It's in an off white color that looks more like a pale yellow butter color to me. I'm going to add on some little scallops in a mint colored thread just to give it something a little extra. I picked up some white cotton yarn yesterday too. I think that will be booties. :D

Okay looked up where I got the pattern for the baby bootie bouquet and here is the link. It costs a few bucks to get it but not too much and it does make up a nice gift for mother and baby. Hope you enjoy making it as much as I did. I also found someone that had the pattern for sale on ebay if you like that better, it is a little cheaper there.

http://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=5809&cat_id=285&criteria=

Well, I finally got new batteries for my camera, and have posted the things I have made so far for our new baby. I made the gown and a hat yesterday while we were snowed in. I was supposed to have a training session yesterday, so our daughter spent the night with her grandparents. BUT, it surprise snowed in Memphis (5 inches), so my class and my husband's school were cancled yesterday AND our daughter got stuck at her grandparent's. Well, at least I got to crochet and play games with my husband. We tried to enjoy being together and not miss Clare too much. She is home and napping now.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1996165#post1996165

Well, I finally got new batteries for my camera, and have posted the things I have made so far for our new baby. I made the gown and a hat yesterday while we were snowed in. I was supposed to have a training session yesterday, so our daughter spent the night with her grandparents. BUT, it surprise snowed in Memphis (5 inches), so my class and my husband's school were cancled yesterday AND our daughter got stuck at her grandparent's. Well, at least I got to crochet and play games with my husband. We tried to enjoy being together and not miss Clare too much. She is home and napping now.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1996165#post1996165

I always miss mine when they are staying with family. Sounds like you had fun though. I saw your other post, your projects are great. :hook

Okay looked up where I got the pattern for the baby bootie bouquet and here is the link. It costs a few bucks to get it but not too much and it does make up a nice gift for mother and baby. Hope you enjoy making it as much as I did. I also found someone that had the pattern for sale on ebay if you like that better, it is a little cheaper there.

http://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=5809&cat_id=285&criteria=

Very cute idea. Thanks for finding a link to it. ;)

I have a little dress and a bonnet to post tomorrow, some booties and hats too, hopefully. I have to sew on a button to the dress and tie on a few bows and stuff first. :D I'm having dental work done in the morning, and I may sleep till friday, lol. So I will say hopefully I can upload a photo tomorrow. It's off white with mint trim. I'm going to wait till I have a fairly good size bag before I donate the items. I thought about tagging them, but I'm not sure what to put on the tag. I thought about the bible verse that says "...children are a blessing from the Lord." What do you tag your donations with if you tag your projects?

Oh yeah I should post in here.... Actually if you check out my blog I just updated it with a picture of the progress on the Optical Art blankie and the other blankies I did for charity (they are going to a NICU)

That is so cool and unique! Great job! I love the purple and black together. The daisy blanket is cute too! Zeus is a handsome puppy!

I am new to this forum (signed up quite some time ago and then stopped crocheting for a good long while), but I might sign up for this. Although I'm not too sure I understand it all. I'm currently working on a hat for my oldest son then it's on to baby things. I had our third child (our first girl) Dec 29th so I have some things I want to make for her and there are two ladies in our church who are expecting so I have gifts in mind.

I'm fairly new to crocheting as well so I'll have to see how things go.

I have a little dress and a bonnet to post tomorrow, some booties and hats too, hopefully. I have to sew on a button to the dress and tie on a few bows and stuff first. :D I'm having dental work done in the morning, and I may sleep till friday, lol. So I will say hopefully I can upload a photo tomorrow. It's off white with mint trim. I'm going to wait till I have a fairly good size bag before I donate the items. I thought about tagging them, but I'm not sure what to put on the tag. I thought about the bible verse that says "...children are a blessing from the Lord." What do you tag your donations with if you tag your projects?

I print little tags out on cardstock, cut them out with zig zag scissors, and tie them with ribbon. This is what mine say: (or adapt to what ever item you are donated)

"These booties were lovingly handmade for you, little one!"

Machine wash warm, tumble dry low.

I would be careful about putting something religious specific on a tag unless the place where you are donating is stictly affiliated with a certian religion. You may want to contact the center for guidence.

(I hope this dosen't seem too harsh...but I am religious, and DO pray for the recipient of whatever I am crocheting while making the item.)

Gardner-I love the colors you used in your blankie! It should be used for quite some time as it is giant!

mommy2jj3604-Wow, you have a nice eye for colors. I am in love with the daisy blanket, and the swirly black and white one would be so great for baby stimulation.

---A trick I have to post pictures faster here, is I open up Microsoft Power Point, and open the photos I want to post. I then put the mouse at the corner and shrink them (until they are maybe 1/8 of a page) Then, right click on the photo and do a "save as". This is an easy way to shrink photos.

Arabookwork and Omarrah-Welcome :-)

I print little tags out on cardstock, cut them out with zig zag scissors, and tie them with ribbon. This is what mine say: (or adapt to what ever item you are donated)

"These booties were lovingly handmade for you, little one!"

Machine wash warm, tumble dry low.

I would be careful about putting something religious specific on a tag unless the place where you are donating is stictly affiliated with a certian religion. You may want to contact the center for guidence.

(I hope this dosen't seem too harsh...but I am religious, and DO pray for the recipient of whatever I am crocheting while making the item.)

That is really cute! I like the zigzag edges idea too. I'll post a photo of what I come up with, for now, it's off to the dentist. Yuck! :D

Archived