Baby CAL

heart

I am new to this forum (signed up quite some time ago and then stopped crocheting for a good long while), but I might sign up for this. Although I'm not too sure I understand it all. I'm currently working on a hat for my oldest son then it's on to baby things. I had our third child (our first girl) Dec 29th so I have some things I want to make for her and there are two ladies in our church who are expecting so I have gifts in mind.

I'm fairly new to crocheting as well so I'll have to see how things go.

Glad you're here! :hook Just crochet baby stuff and post some photos. Oh, adn have fun too! :D

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dental work did not go as planned today, so I'm in alot of pain and meeting with an oral surgeon tomorrow. I'll update with my projects probably saturday. Keep up the good work everyone! It inspires me to see all the cute little projects everyone makes. :U Praise the Lord! :U

I would love to join this CAL. I am soon going to be a grandmother for the first time and have numerous baby showers coming up besides (2 cousins pregnant one of which is having twins, one niece pregnant, one daughter pregnant, and my best friend's daughter just found out she is expecting... must be in the water... :eek)!!!

I just finished a round ripple for the girl twin and will be starting one for the boy twin as part of my winter games project. I am also going to be making matching hats and booties for each of the twins in the next week or so because that baby shower is coming up quickly on February 21.

Also for the winter games I will be making a round ripple for my niece's baby shower which will be in March. I hope to get two rrs made for her baby as well as some booties, hats, and a diaper bag. I need to come up with patterns for these things :think as she has a pirate theme for the baby and I would like to incorporate the theme.

Anyway, I will try to post pictures of the round ripple I have done tomorrow and I will be looking forward to seeing all the great things you are all doing too!!! :)

I would love to join this CAL. I am soon going to be a grandmother for the first time and have numerous baby showers coming up besides (2 cousins pregnant one of which is having twins, one niece pregnant, one daughter pregnant, and my best friend's daughter just found out she is expecting... must be in the water... :eek)!!!

I just finished a round ripple for the girl twin and will be starting one for the boy twin as part of my winter games project. I am also going to be making matching hats and booties for each of the twins in the next week or so because that baby shower is coming up quickly on February 21.

Also for the winter games I will be making a round ripple for my niece's baby shower which will be in March. I hope to get two rrs made for her baby as well as some booties, hats, and a diaper bag. I need to come up with patterns for these things :think as she has a pirate theme for the baby and I would like to incorporate the theme.

Anyway, I will try to post pictures of the round ripple I have done tomorrow and I will be looking forward to seeing all the great things you are all doing too!!! :)

There really must be something in your water!! Both times I became pregnant, I knew at least 4 or 5 other people who were pregnant too! We always joke that every few years there's something in the water! :lol

Crocheter4Jesus-I really like your hats. The Orange one is my favorite (I love baby things in "non-traditional" baby colors). Thank you also for posting the pattern information. I am planning on going on a pattern hunt in just a minute :-D

Heart-So sorry to hear about your dental pain. Hope your appointment today goes well.

LillyFlower-Welcome!

KraftyandKrazy-Welcome aboard. Sounds like babies ARE contagious in your area ;-). (I felt I had to point this out, because at a class last weekend, one of the other ladies was afraid I was comming down with something contagious...lol...nope I'm just pregnant.)

Finished my baby afghan tonight and can't wait to post pictures of it tomorrow if all goes well. Now to start my major baby afghan/outfit(s) project for the upcoming baby. Will keep you posted of my progress. The afghan I finished tonight isn't for anyone in particular so when I see a baby girl in need of a nice afghan I'll give it to her. Can anyone answer a question for me? Why do they make so many baby yarns that have to be dried flat and not in the dryer? Is it me or do people actually take the time to hand wash and lay out their baby clothes to dry these days. When I was a new mother I didn't have that kind of time and was so glad that things were wash/dry and wear!

Sdeepthinker ~ I never have time to let mine dry flat it seems. ;)

Here are some of the things that have been on my hook for the past several days. Before the dentist visits and then today. Some are for family members and some are going into the donation box for the pregnancy center here where I live. They help any and every girl/woman who comes in their doors. They are Christian based and help everyone for free. Alot of the ladies they minister to and help are teenagers, they provide formula, clothing to mom and baby, baby furniture, necessities, anything the mom and baby need. They run purely on donations. So the more they get the more they can give. That's why I like to help this particular charity, plus it helps those in my own community. :hug The partially finished blue blanket is for my husbands friend and his wife from work. They are due tuesday. Hopefully I can finish it before then. I didn't use any pattern for it, just made a long chain then did the Fly V stitch. You can find out how to do that on Warm Up America in the crochet Patterns category.

Patterns The booties I just whipped up, probably recalling some other pattern but I can't remember which. The Dress is the Angel Wings Pinafore, the bonnet is the Elizabeth Bonnet. The hats are from Sandy Powers CapeCod, on etsy and Ravelry.

Yarn the blue of the blankets is Red Heart color Aruba Sea, the rest is Caron Simply Soft in Off white and Soft Pink, the other colors are just left overs I had from other projects.

Okay here is the picture of the afghan I just finished. It is done in Herschnerrs Ultra Fleece yarn. I did a basic fpdc alternated with a bpdc and the border is straight sc. I decided instead of straight stipes to just work until the skein ran out and then add the next so it gives it the offset rows. I'm calling this one Bright Spring Stripes for Baby

Heart,

I love your items, that dress is adorable!

post-36031-135897504483_thumb.jpg

Sdeepthinker-I'm sure there is a sweet little girl out there who will enjoy your blankie! It is so bright and cheery :-). As far as yarn that can't go into the dryer, as a new mom, I would be okay with it as long as it could go into the washer!

Heart-Thank you for sharing your lovely projects. I love the color of the blankie, it is a refreshing color for baby boy. I also enjoy your other projects, I have long admired the patterns on Cape Cod Consingments, and if this little one is a girl, I will have to purchase one (or two or three ;-) )

Sdeepthinker-I'm sure there is a sweet little girl out there who will enjoy your blankie! It is so bright and cheery :-). As far as yarn that can't go into the dryer, as a new mom, I would be okay with it as long as it could go into the washer!

Heart-Thank you for sharing your lovely projects. I love the color of the blankie, it is a refreshing color for baby boy. I also enjoy your other projects, I have long admired the patterns on Cape Cod Consingments, and if this little one is a girl, I will have to purchase one (or two or three ;-) )

Isn't her stuff so unique? She has a little giraffe hat and booties that would be cute on a little boy too. If you're on ravelry, you can do a search for her name and see all kinds of patterns. There are pages of them. Lots of inspiration and they are easy to read and crochet up quickly too. I think I have 3 of hers so far. :hook

I had plans on having something started that I could post about here, but I got the stomach flu instead...YUCK. But we've all had it now. Hubby and DS (6) got it on Tuesday, Baby girl (6wks) got it on Friday, and I and DS (2) got it yesterday. I'm sincerely hoping it's gone!! I felt well enough to crochet some today, but DS (2) was still sick and needed lots of cuddling and Baby girl is still having some issues with it so today I just cuddled and held instead.

Hope everyone else is doing well and hopefully by the end of this week I'll have some things to post.

I am currently working on a round ripple for a group at our church called Teen moms. It is not for moms of teens like I thought it was, it is for teens who have become pregnant. It is a great group that helps the teens to deal with things they are going through. I have a crochet group that meets once a week, and we are all working on baby blankets for them right now.

Archived