Captain Hook & the Yarn Pirates

JulieKay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shiver me timbers! It be another cold day!

I be wishing I was a "Pirate of the Carribean"... at least it would be warm!

Me and me mate'll be taking a voyage this weekend... to Treasure Island in Las Vegas, that is... we surely can't be more excited, Cap'n!

...time to go to the galley, and get me lil buccaneers some grub, then get today's square under me belt!

Arrrgg! I took me a 'lil dive 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea to procure me some yarn the color of the sun. Swimming back to the surface has tired me 'ol bones. I be off to the galley for some grub and rum. I'll be seeing ye scaliwags after the sun goes down and the stars be twinklin' in the sky.

yum....George Clooney....:D his brown eyes...his voice...his silver hair....:c9

Wait! I'm describing my hubby:lol!....except SDR is Greek;)

You guys are funny, and really good at this ! I've been in the crow's nest watching for George Clooney to come out of the OCEAN's 11 movie, and up to my front door.

I don't think it'll happen, but I can always dream,can't I ?

George Clooney. :drool

Here are my first five squares. I am not going to use this shade of blue though. I am going to buy something that is a little more subdued, I think. I want this afghan to be a little more geared toward a boy than a girl. I have three grandsons, so when I make items for charity, I am always tempted to make girly things, because it's the only opportunity I get. I notice the picture is quite dark. The yellow is lighter than it appears.

post-6189-135897500696_thumb.jpg

Here are my first five squares. I am not going to use this shade of blue though. I am going to buy something that is a little more subdued, I think. I want this afghan to be a little more geared toward a boy than a girl. I have three grandsons, so when I make items for charity, I am always tempted to make girly things, because it's the only opportunity I get. I notice the picture is quite dark. The yellow is lighter than it appears.

Very nice, Cindy. :clap I've only made the one square so far, but I am nearing a finish on the striped baby blanket and will get going on the squares soon after.

great job, Cindy!:cheer

I'll take a pic of my 4 tomorrow....they're all the same color. I just used the different patterns till I ran out of the partial skein I started with.

Hey gang-

Cindy your squares look really nice . I like the colors you used ! You got a lot done in a short time !

You guys are funny talking about George Clooney. He is sure cute. I'm not a movie person, but he is handsome .....

And Jude, if your husband looks that good, you better watch out ! He might be mistaken for George then you'll have a gang of groupies in your front yard all the time,asking for his autograph .

Be it too lat fer me te climb aboard Cap'in? I might be a bit slow to work, got an old injury to me sword hand from a fight I had with an English dragoon in a Tavern a couple years past :box but I found a healer says she can fix me up (read I have tendinitis in my right hand and recently got a recommendation to a doctor who can give me injections that should help). And I've got some pleasing colours in me horde, the dark blue greens of the coast at dusk and the rich purples of a late sunset o'er the waters.

Jude -

yes, your husband IS handsome, I have seen photos of him .

Grace- of course, hop on aboard. Even one handed, we can use your help . Mebbe you can help pull up the sails by rope with yer one good hand, you think ?

Your color choices sound very pretty to me ,so it should be fun to see how they turn out !

Welcome in, we'll all slide down the bench so you can set a spell and have a cup of grog .

( I have no clue what grog is, but it sounded like a pirate drink ) .

Well as ye'll ken pirates and the Queen's Navy don't tend to get on too well so a wee scuffle was bound to happen af'er a drink or two but it got particularly heated when the wee fellow started boasting aboot his actions at Culloden, being friendly to the cause of the Jacobites I didn't take to kindly to that.

By the by, should we make port in England, best if I stay aboard and guard the ship.

"Jack"... so sorry to hear that ye are havin some trouble gettin your sea legs... here's a cup raised to ya, and a toast fer yer good health!

Graceylue - sounds like quite a scuffle ye was in. Methinks it'll be good to have ye here, incase we have some run in with a buncha scalliwags who be wantin to pilfer our booty.

FirstMate Judy - Avast, me thought me eyes were deceiving me! It is good to see you, lass! :h5 WTG on that project ye jes polished off! It's a dandy:)

... well, Mates... the sun is gone, and it's time for this pirate ta be gettin some shut-eye. I'll be needing to be up and about before the crows tamarrah!

I wish ye all sound slumber!

:sleep

Archived