Captain Hook & the Yarn Pirates

JulieKay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so far I have finished the 8 sc squares and I have finished 3 of the 8 hdc squares done I am hoping to get the last 5 of those squares done by the time I go to bed tonight. I must say my fingers are begining to itch to do something for the baby :( This project has sorta stopped the baby stuff urge but as soon as the hook goes down the urge comes back. Fiancee and I finally decided on a boys name but the girls name has been picked out since I found out I was pregnant back when I had the ectopic. I love both names but now I can actually get excited about it possibly being a boy cause the middle name is going to be BIL's first name:yes

I will try to get a picture later tonight and post it on here of all the squares so far.

WTG, Jenni!:cheer

I haven't gotten beyond the start of my 5th square. My pointy sticks have been calling to me.

I have no system with this project since it's going to be a huge banket to protect my bed from the dirty doggie pawprints....I'm just going down the patterns and pulling out yarn....

Hey Sheila-

I hope you get the chance to work on a square today !

Crazee--- that is funny, you asking if i'm in need of a CRAZY ? Somedays I think I'm doing a good job of THAT myself, but I'll scoot over and let you share the CRAZY SEAT with me .

What kind of weather do they have in your neck of the woods in the winter ? I don't think I've ever met anyone from your state . Do you guys get snow ?

Debbie-- GOOD FOR YOU !!

Jenni -

Can we ask what names you have decided so far ? I love talking about baby names ..

And did you say this will be your first ?

You are doing terrific on your squares .

Judy- I think me and you are doing the same thing - dividing up our time between crochet squares and knit squares . The crochet ones go faster, though,don't they ?

Debbie...where in St. Louis do you live? We lived there for a few years in the early 70's

Judieanne, I live in the North County area, very close to Christian Hospital Northeast. I just bought a condo this past summer. Are you familiar with Highway 270 in the North County area?

Good afternoon everyone.

Jenni, WTG on getting so many squares done.

Julie, the OB nurses tell me that whenever there is a recession, birth rates go down, and that's why they are so slow. And my dd sure hopes she gets some sort of job, even part time would be okay for a start.

I managed to get the ship restocked with crackers and I did a little deck swabbing as well today. I also went to the library and found a couple of craft books, one for fabric flowers and the other about embroidery stitches.

I have been dividing my time between knitting and crocheting as well. so far today, I've only managed one HDC square. I picked up a different shade of blue to use instead of the rather bright one I tried out already.

Judy- I think me and you are doing the same thing - dividing up our time between crochet squares and knit squares . The crochet ones go faster, though,don't they ?

Do they ever!:lol I still love the knitted look - alot... but I doubt I'll ever get fast enough for it to be my main craft.

Judieanne, I live in the North County area, very close to Christian Hospital Northeast. I just bought a condo this past summer. Are you familiar with Highway 270 in the North County area?

I think I remember 270. We had an apartment up northeast of the city proper (the road hubby took to work ran alongside the Mississippi (Sp?) We later got a house in Ballwin/Manchester...not too far from West County Mall, (again, if I remember correctly)

I loved the people out there...and coming from New York City, the pace was so nice and slow it was wonderful - once I figured out how to slow down:lol

well normally we dont get much snow but we normally have at least one ice storm each winter. now here is the exception.....the 11inches of snow we got on Friday is just now melting...yes I just said we got 11 inches of snow! ocassionally we get an inch or two each winter but we were all a little shocked at what we were just dealt....I actually live in the Ozark mountains about 1&1/2 hrs north of Little Rock so it very rural so I hoping the schools open back up tomorrow.

Cindy-thanks for restockin the crackers for Polly, that bird could eat you out of house and home .

Hey Sherri- Get the barnacles scraped off so you can jump on in .

Judy- nice work on the squares -- very pretty !

Dee- of course, you are welcome, we'd love to include you. Do you have any color ideas ?

Crazee- thanks for telling me about Arkansas. That's a place I don't know much about .. so is it mostly hilly throughout your state, or are there flat spots ? I always pictured it as flat like Kansas -- you know, like corn country ?

We kinda have a little of both in Ohio,we have some flat areas, then hills down south ... just green grass and trees. Only place I ever lived, so it just looks like a routine place to me, no big excitement.

Jenni -

Can we ask what names you have decided so far ? I love talking about baby names ..

And did you say this will be your first ?

You are doing terrific on your squares .

Well if its a girl her name will be Charlotte Rose Parker and if its a boy his name will be Jakob Christopher Parker (we are going to spell it with a K cause fiance is just different like that). No this isn't my first this will be my 4th pregnancy but 3rd baby the pregnancy before this was an ectopic and pretty rough to go through and I was scared when I found out about this one, to tell you the truth I am still scared to death to loose this one.

WTG, Jenni!:cheer

I haven't gotten beyond the start of my 5th square. My pointy sticks have been calling to me.

I have no system with this project since it's going to be a huge banket to protect my bed from the dirty doggie pawprints....I'm just going down the patterns and pulling out yarn....

Thanks Judy, yeah my needles are calling out to me but I have nothing to do with them for now so they will just have to call :hook

Oh and here are the squares that are done so far. There are 5 maroon, 2 Dark Grey, and 1 light grey sc squares and then the white and 3 dark blue HDC squares. Excuse the ugly peach towel I had to lay it down cause my sheets are the same color as the maroon squares :blush

post-7898-135897500881_thumb.jpg

post-7898-135897500885_thumb.jpg

post-7898-135897500888_thumb.jpg

Jenni-

Those are very pretty names. My cousin named her boy Patrik with a K like that.. I guess everyone has their own way they like to spell their baby names . My grandson has a girl in his class named Harley ( her parents are motorcycle people ),and one named Willow, which I think is a beautiful name for a girl .

So, nobody picks plain old names like back when I was little ,but times change and so do names for babies I guess .

I wish you lots of luck and hope you have a healthy happy baby this time .

Oh,and great jobs on the squares, you are really cranking them out !

I think I remember 270. We had an apartment up northeast of the city proper (the road hubby took to work ran alongside the Mississippi (Sp?) We later got a house in Ballwin/Manchester...not too far from West County Mall, (again, if I remember correctly)

I loved the people out there...and coming from New York City, the pace was so nice and slow it was wonderful - once I figured out how to slow down:lol

Judianne, Ballwin/Manchester is at the other end of 270 from where I am. But I am somewhat familiar with that area. I used to live in Kirkwood a million years ago. LOL Shoppedat West County Mall several times.

Judianne, Ballwin/Manchester is at the other end of 270 from where I am. But I am somewhat familiar with that area. I used to live in Kirkwood a million years ago. LOL Shoppedat West County Mall several times.

time goes too fast...and goes faster the older we get:lol

Gee, Judy and Jenni~ Look at you girls go!!! :cheer lovely work, both of you!

I only have but a moment to post... I did catch up on the posts, tho!:tup

I am about to finish sc square #4. I really want to get these done, because they take me the longest:blush

Thanks, Julie... this CAL is a lot of fun!

Arrrgh............. me apologies to the crew!

I have been nursin' one heck of a headache these last few days. :sigh

It's more than the normal dull roar I'm used to!

I havent been doin' much crochetin' on my squares.... or anythin' else for that matter.

I'm hopin' to get some done tonight and tomorrow to catch up!

There be some mighty fancy squares some of you have been showin' off! Great work mates!

Sorry Captain for me bein' absent!

Shall I swob the poop deck for me punishment?

:heart

:mug

Archived