Captain Hook & the Yarn Pirates

JulieKay

I restarted my first square today to get it to be the right size and being a really slow crocheter, **** you tendinitis, but I'm officially back into virgin yarn. YAY!

I can sympathize, I have tendonitis in my right elbow and it really does impact what you can do.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morning, all you Ornery Buccaneers ;)

:)

I think I will be making the flannelghan ,so will head that conversation off into the flannelghan area so Rose's group gets brought back up onto the main page. I will go today to try to decide on colors. I went to bed thinking about them,and woke up still thinking. There are so many color choices, I can't yet decide, so maybe when I am looking at the yarn it'll come to me .

Anyhow, we'll join up over in Rose's area for that pattern and try to concentrate here on these squares. I think I have 8 total done, so not nearly as far done as some of you guys are . We have some SERIOUS crocheters in this group !

Morning, Julie.

I was busy checking out the flannel-ghan pictures this morning too. I think that's going to be my next baby blanket. I like how different color combinations make it looks like a totally different blanket.

A baby flannelghan! Perfect for the Greek Games challenge I made myself...lots of baby colors/yarn stash.

I hope you feel better this morning:hug:hug:hug

I do feel better, finally a morning without a headache. I'm still stuffy, but I can deal with that.

Cindy, that stuffy...you can't clear your nose feeling... is awful! We have dry heat in the house and those sinus headaches are awful!!

Well, I'd better get dressed...will check in later! Have good day:hug

Morning folks,

I read some posts this morning, but didnt get back in to respond to all yet, so will try to catch up now .

First of all, good mornings to all of you , I am far behind since last night ,so will just say howdy to you all .

As for colors of the new ladies who posted theirs, they will be beautiful.

Debbie- I'm glad you are having a good time in here. It's been lots of fun meeting you new ladies,too . You guys are good sports about my ODD way of leading a group. I like to goof off and pick funny names for my groups and change things up once in awhile,so we can let loose and have some fun when we are here .

Morning, First Mate Jude

So am I understanding correctly that you signed up for the olympics and are making a baby flannelghan for it, or am I mixed up ,as usual ? If so, that's a great idea, you can do 2 things at once !

Cindy

Morning to you ! I'm glad your head is behaving better today. Those headaches can really interfere with life sometimes can't they ?

And if I'm not mistaken, I think Judy is also making a baby flannelghan,so it'll be neat to see what combos you guys choose . I'm wondering if you use 2 strands of baby yarn, what size hook will you use, any idea ? Or are you using ww yarn for it ?

Well, here I go again, getting off onto the flannelghan .. Geeminy ....

I'll go over there to yak about it ...

ok mateys, here are some colors out of my stash! I think these will work up great for a toddler boy present or something similiar...I love Bold and Bright colors and cant get enough....MWUHAHA!:devil

This picture gives no justice it the bright colors all of which are red heart

white, spring green, Blue, HotRed

[ATTACH]16051[/ATTACH]

and to give an example of my bright work :hook:

[ATTACH]16053[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16052[/ATTACH]

P.S. the colors of the red and green in the star are the ones I want to use for this blanket

I love the colors guys!

Cindy I am glad your headache is gone I hope the stuffiness goes too, but I think you passed it to me :( I woke up with the worst headache and still throbbing but I can work like this, i'm used to functioning with wicked Migraines.

Ok hoping to get the last 8 squares finished today so I can start on the flannelghan for the baby (or at least I hope it will be a girl so she can keep it) I will probably do two or maybe even three of those.

These are the yarns I'm using, though the picture doesn't do the purple any justice, it's a really bold royal purple. All the colours look a bit duller than they are but the purple is the worst. Oh well.

[ATTACH]16054[/ATTACH]

Jules...yup: baby flannelghan covers both the Games thread and Rose Red's CAL:D

Now I really must get dressed!! I'm leaving the ville open so I can fly on when I get a minute later....

Mornin' Mateys! Me squares are feelin' a wee mite neglected. I have 4 done. It's takin' me longer as I'm trying to make each square a different stitch pattern. Lookin' through me books and pickin' ones that have a 2+1 stitch count. I have 4 squares done. I'll make like a barnacle today and stick with me square making.

Morning Sherri

Make like a BARNACLE !!! Sounds like somebody on Spongebob . I think I've been watching way too much of that show ... It's an odd one, I know that .

Whatever happened to Bugs Bunny ?

Well, I have to get onto my squares too, Now I have that yarn setting here waiting for the FG next .

Cindy

Morning to you ! I'm glad your head is behaving better today. Those headaches can really interfere with life sometimes can't they ?

And if I'm not mistaken, I think Judy is also making a baby flannelghan,so it'll be neat to see what combos you guys choose . I'm wondering if you use 2 strands of baby yarn, what size hook will you use, any idea ? Or are you using ww yarn for it ?

Well, here I go again, getting off onto the flannelghan .. Geeminy ....

I'll go over there to yak about it ...

I'm not sure about the hook, I'm not sure if I have a P. I do have a huge plastic hook that isn't labelled. I want to use up some stash yarn, and it will probably be Simply soft. I'm hoping it works with an N. Guess I'll have to try it out and see.

Good morning, Sherri.

I finished two sc squares this morning. I think that they look nice but they sure are tedious to work on.

I have a question, how do you decide which color you use to sew two different color squares together? I left long tails to use for sewing.

Cindy I am glad your headache is gone I hope the stuffiness goes too, but I think you passed it to me :( I woke up with the worst headache and still throbbing but I can work like this, i'm used to functioning with wicked Migraines.

Thanks Jenni, I used to get migraines but never had another one after I had children. Guess that didn't work for you though.:D

Sorry you have a headache.

Sounds like you are a square making machine!

Tam

I hope you sealed up that there yarn in ziplocs or something or it might be a tad wet if you're dragging it along behind .

And yes, I would love your help with the FG CAL.. will email you now about it .

Aye Captain..………

Me yarn is sealed up tight! I be workin’ many projects at once.. so needed to have a lot of me yarn close by! J

:heart

:mug

Cindy, I'm leaving long tails on my squares - keeps the color consistent when joining the squares (like saltine ghans).:)

And I think the N with the Caron SS will work out fine, IMO...:hook

Thanks Jenni, I used to get migraines but never had another one after I ahd children. guess that didn't work for you though.

Sounds like you are a square making machine!

I actually had them from the time I was about 17 then I got pregnant with oldest and they stopped but got worse after I had him then I got pregnant with youngest and actually ended up in the ER while pregnant with him cause I had a horrible migraine and apparently a mini stroke. They were bad until he was about a year old then I never had another bad one again after that, they put me on meds too but they never worked. Now I just get headaches but none that are dibilitating like they used to be, which is good cause I can't take anything but tylenol which Im trying to not even take that.

Morning, all you Ornery Buccaneers ;)

I'll tell you what,it's a conspiracy in here for you guys to sink my ship with all this yarn ! :yes

I noticed it getting a bit cramped for all the yarn so while we were docked I called an old friend of mine and got some Time Lord Tech to store all the yarn in a wardrobe. Yay for being bigger on the inside.

Morning Sherri

Make like a BARNACLE !!! Sounds like somebody on Spongebob . I think I've been watching way too much of that show ... It's an odd one, I know that .

Whatever happened to Bugs Bunny ?

Well, I have to get onto my squares too, Now I have that yarn setting here waiting for the FG next .

:lol Barnacles do stick to things. So far, the only thing I've managed to do today is take and upload photos. I'll have to put some speed on this afternoon.

Archived