Captain Hook & the Yarn Pirates

JulieKay

Pandrus -Welcome along for the ride ! Always good to see new people !

Wow, LeaAnne, you have sure been busy making all the flannel-ghans . What colors were yours in ?

Tam - the red & white is really pretty ! And thanks for showing me how to find the knit afghan. It looks really cute . I am wondering if I'd use a smaller needle size, how would you know how many more stitches to cast on ? (Like an 8 ... ) Do you go by tens would you think ?

I am just learning to knit and have no idea at all how to change the starting number on a knitted project .

Julie i am just learning Knit to and its a really easy pattern...im doing mine on size 13 Bamboo holding double strand and its going pretty fast....i CO 168 and im doing 26 ST by 36 Rows.I think what i like the best is how squishy and soft it is even with red heart.Just to let you know how slow i am...i started mine before Tammy and she got done way before me...she is fast :yes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jumping in to let Tammy know that her"Hip To Be Square" turned out great...Love it Tam :hugCant wait to get back to mine!!

Awwwwwww... thanks hon!!!:hug

I really like it! I want to do another one! :D

:heart

:mug

You totally should in double strand this time :hook

You know... thats what I'm thinkin'!

I just need to decide on colors! :knit

ok mateys, here are some colors out of my stash! I think these will work up great for a toddler boy present or something similiar...I love Bold and Bright colors and cant get enough....MWUHAHA!:devil

This picture gives no justice it the bright colors all of which are red heart

white, spring green, Blue, HotRed

post-34734-135897501584_thumb.jpg

and to give an example of my bright work :hook:

post-34734-135897501596_thumb.jpg

post-34734-135897501593_thumb.jpg

P.S. the colors of the red and green in the star are the ones I want to use for this blanket

ok mateys, here are some colors out of my stash! I think these will work up great for a toddler boy present or something similiar...I love Bold and Bright colors and cant get enough....MWUHAHA!:devil

[ATTACH]16051[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16053[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16052[/ATTACH]

P.S. the colors of the red and green in the star are the ones I want to use for this blanket

ooooooooooooooo............... those are great colors!!!!

These are the yarns I'm using, though the picture doesn't do the purple any justice, it's a really bold royal purple. All the colours look a bit duller than they are but the purple is the worst. Oh well.

[ATTACH]16054[/ATTACH]

OH..........like those too!!! :yes

These are the yarns I'm using, though the picture doesn't do the purple any justice, it's a really bold royal purple. All the colours look a bit duller than they are but the purple is the worst. Oh well.

[ATTACH]16054[/ATTACH]

I know how u feel i couldn't get the colors to come out right in the pic either... Im sure its a stunning color!

Once I get a square of each colour I'll try taking a picture outside, maybe on the trunk of my car (white), see if that comes out any better.

I restarted my first square today to get it to be the right size and being a really slow crocheter, **** you tendinitis, but I'm officially back into virgin yarn. YAY!

Morning, all you Ornery Buccaneers ;)

I'll tell you what,it's a conspiracy in here for you guys to sink my ship with all this yarn ! :yes

How am I supposed to get 17 afghans done all at once ? You all keep showing me more yarn, more patterns ..... what's a person supposed to do ?

Just joking, of course, it sounds like you are all having fun,so that's a good thing . :)

I'm just not good at juggling projects ,so I have to stick with this one before moving on . I DO have my first knitted one in progress,but it's a slow go and something different if I need a break from crochet for a little bit .

I think I will be making the flannelghan ,so will head that conversation off into the flannelghan area so Rose's group gets brought back up onto the main page. I will go today to try to decide on colors. I went to bed thinking about them,and woke up still thinking. There are so many color choices, I can't yet decide, so maybe when I am looking at the yarn it'll come to me .

Anyhow, we'll join up over in Rose's area for that pattern and try to concentrate here on these squares. I think I have 8 total done, so not nearly as far done as some of you guys are . We have some SERIOUS crocheters in this group !

A Big Welcome to Kathy. Thanks so much for joining up with us. It's good to have you here,and I think you'll have a good time with these ladies . Anytime you are ready to start , I'm sure we'll be here, at the flannelghan,at the happy house.... UMMM..should I go on ? They have me booked up for about the next 6 months .:hook

Quickly skimming thrugh this thread. It's almost 2 am, way after my bedtime curfew!

Flannel afghan is on my WIM list. I might have to wait until next fall to do it. I don't have enough yarn in my stash. I also want to do a baby gingham in happy house thread as a charity blanket.... One day...

I already have Hip to be Square blanket started. I started it in the movie theater while I watch the subtitled movie, "White Ribbon". It's a great movie, even-paced and 2.5 hours long.

I have this membership discount for local movie theaters, great advantage to watch foreign subtitled movies. :yes. I am going to save this afghan for those movie theater trips.

I am impatiently waiting for the crochet games to start! I have the pattern printed, yarn ready, and a lonely hook. Now, I feel guilty by neglecting this poor hook...

Good morning, Cap'n and all me shipmates. I'm so glad I joined this CAL and I'm having lots of fun with it. So far I have 7 of the sc squares finished. I should get #8 done today, and then start the hdc squares.

Julie, I did the same as you -- thought about colors for the flannelghan all night and still this morning. Isn't it amazing how this crocheting "habit" gets under your skin? LOL

Well, mates, off to work I go. Have a good day, everyone, and keep thos hooks a-movin'.

:cheer:cheer

I've been envisioning a flannelghan in baby size, maybe after this blanket is finished.

I've had a headache all day, and haven't done a thing to speak of, a few minutes f crocheting here and there is pretty much it.

I'm going to go to bed early, and hopefully it will be gone in the morning.

Good night everyone.

A baby flannelghan! Perfect for the Greek Games challenge I made myself...lots of baby colors/yarn stash.

I hope you feel better this morning:hug:hug:hug

Mornin’ Captain Julie!

Arr… I not be tryin’ to sink yer ship! I put all me yarn in a tote… sealed ‘er up and tied it to the back of this thar ship … its dragin’ along…………. LOL

Gives me exercise for the Weight Loss CAL………………. J

I be happy to help ya out over on the Flannel’ghan CAL… I know MissRoseRed isn’t feelin’ well enough to tend to the thread… I hope she’ll pop in and visit us while we’re on shore leave!

Diane……. Ahoy! You be havin’ some fun with that new knitted ‘ghan! Good fer you! Cant wait to see pics!

Alright me mates………… I be getting’ me some more coffee and back to workin’ on me ‘ghans!

Started last night - having to adapt the pattern colors some because I only came up with two shades of blue and a grey from my stash, but I still think it'll work up nicely!

I think any color combo will be great with this pattern!!:hook

[ATTACH]16051[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16053[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16052[/ATTACH]

Your colors look great and so do your projects,

[ATTACH]16054[/ATTACH]

Those colors will make a really great afghan!

Archived