Captain Hook & the Yarn Pirates

JulieKay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everybody. :)

I did a yarn spurge at Michael's. :c9 I got enough yarn for two blankets and one bi-colored hat. Of course, I have to buy some accesories and a knitting magazine. :blush

Anyway, I decide on Loops & Impeccable - Aran, Aqua, Butterscoth and Rogue. I never try this yarn before. I think I will go with H as suggested.

I also grab some vanna choice for another project, a fun challenge for myself.

I will start Jackson afghan for the crochet game. So I will join this thread on Feb 12th.

Tab-

Sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you start feeling better soon, we misss you when you're not around .

Grace- I hate to say this ( don't want the other fellers hearin it, so keep it to yerself ), but you may be the most edicated one on this here boat . Ya shore sound like ya know yer stuff, so yer either SMART or OLD or both .

We need ya on this vessel since you do know the state of affairs when we make land .

LeaAnne, Cindy, Debbie and Sheila, here's hopin you all have a good day today and better tomorrow .

Diane,

Sounds to me like ya pillaged the yarn store.Did you leave any fer the rest of us ??

And what color is Rogue ? I sure like the sound of that name . Just wonderin what color it be .

Good morning everyone. I ended up getting at least the morning off work. I was so glad when that phone rang at 5:30 this morning, because I couldn't sleep at all last night. I managed to sleep for a couple of hours after that though. I only got up because I want to be able to sleep tonight and I want to be awake if they need me at work. (for those who don't know me, I'm an ICU nurse.)

If I don't go to work, I suppose I will have to swab the decks and restock the grub. Polly's pretty much out of crackers, and the rest of us aren't far behind.

Mornin Cap'n and matey's! I managed to get 5 Maroon sc squares done (in total I only did 4 yesterday though) and 1 1/2 dark grey sc squares done.

Hopefully today will be a better day for me. I realized yesterday that my car was due for inspection but as its a beater car I need to repair a few things before it will pass like the two bald tires on the front of the car and the ginormous crack in the windshield that goes from the drivers side bottom corner through the middle of the glass and all the way over to the passangers side edge :blush Well I went to the junk yard yesterday to see if I could find tires for the car and We (fiance actually did all the work :D) found some beautiful brand new tires for the car so we bought them and head home. About 5 minutes from the house my muffler starts getting really loud and then I lose the ability to accelerate quickly :eek Yeah the muffler pipe behind the cadilayc( sp?) converter just fell right off...got to love NY winters with the tons of salt that just eat through EVERYTHING. So needless to say I was quite stressed yesterday as I have no vehicle now and have to borrow my dad's car and my soon to be BIL's truck.

So today I will lie low and :hook that should keep me out of trouble right?

Morning folks

Jenni- wow, no wheels. I hate when that happens ! I had my car in for tires about a month ago,had a whole day without it, man it was torture, but you do have the right idea. Perfect reason to work on squares if you can't get out .

Cindy- I'm glad you got the morning off . Are you an RN ? I probably asked you before, but I'm sorry I forgot . And how is the work situation up your way for nurses ? They are laying them off down in our area. I never thought I'd see the day that would happen .

Morning, Miss Debbie- have a good day at work,and we'll catch you later on .

Hi Julie, yes I'm an RN. My job is very secure, (I work in a huge 36 bed ICU in a large teaching hospital), but the nurses in the obstetrics department are having mandatory days off. Some of them are picking up hours in other departments though. The job outlook for new nurses is pretty dismal. My youngest dd is graduating with a BSN in May, and she's worried. My boss will recommend her, but there has to be a job to recommend her for.

So cute, awesome job Judy!! :clap

Thanks, hon!

Sorry I haven't been around much. I have not been feeling so great the last two days. :(

Awww....I hope youre okay today:hug

[quote name=a_stitchintime;1990219

FirstMate Judy - Avast' date=' me thought me eyes were deceiving me! It is good to see you, lass! :h5 WTG on that project ye jes polished off! It's a dandy:)[/quote]

Thanks!!

Good night everyone. Another early morning tomorrow.

I see you didn't have to go in...that's good!! Hook day!:hook

Anyway, I decide on Loops & Impeccable - Aran, Aqua, Butterscoth and Rogue. I never try this yarn before. I think I will go with H as suggested.

I will start Jackson afghan for the crochet game. So I will join this thread on Feb 12th.

I've seen that yarn and it looks and feels great!

The job outlook for new nurses is pretty dismal. My youngest dd is graduating with a BSN in May, and she's worried. My boss will recommend her, but there has to be a job to recommend her for.

I never thought I'd hear of that happening!:hug

Jenni...yup - crocheting will keep you out of trouble...as long as you use stash!:lol

Mornin' Cap'n, I don't know about old as I'm jus' a lass o' 20 but e'er since I learned me letters I ha'en't been able te find a book long enough or a cup o' tea big enough te suit me. I have an interest in Scottish history, particularly the Jacobites and the '45 rising.

Jenni- Today seems to be that sort of day, I hit my alarm at 6 this morning rolled over and suddenly it's 7:40 and I've got class at 8, my mom had grocery bags rip to shreds when she was carrying them in, and my baby ran out of gas on the way home from Math, got a faulty fuel gauge reads E for the last quarter of a tank, and the worst bit is, it's not even noon yet. I can't wait until after my History class this afternoon when I can sit down with hook and yarn and the hardest decision I have to make is which Doctor I want to curl up with.

Cindy

Yea, the OB floor is what got nailed at our closest hospital. It is small,and a bigger company bought them out .On Halloween day they closed down the OB floor totally .

I have a friend who had worked there since 76 .... now unemployed. she can't find a job anyplace .

I thought there'd always be nurse's jobs .

I hope your girl is able to get in there where you work when she's done with school .

Hi Wanda-

Sure ! You are welcome to come aboard. We always like having new members join up with us . These squares should be simple ,no matter how much experience anyone has .They don't look complicated at all .

Do you have any colors in mind yet ?

Ahoy Cap'tn u in need of a crazy? Iz be good at scarin tem good fo notin yarn haters awayz! :help (LOL eg. my DH) not sure of dem colars yet, me better be diggin into me booty to see whats i can plunder.

(lol by the way im already havin to mush fun :devil)

Welcome, MB! I'm First Mate here...:cheer

Do you have any colors in mind for this project...and thoughts of who it'll be for?

Sheila, sometimes it's hard to carve out the time we want for our crafting...:hug

Archived