Captain Hook & the Yarn Pirates

JulieKay

Good morning, Captain!

I'm up early taking care of the furbabies - the 11 yo is high maintenance, to say the least.

I'm halfway through a round of RHDC on the baby gahn...then a photo and wash time for it...

I want to make the first square for this project today, too. I'm not sure where it'll end up - or how big, as I already mentioned. It may turn out to be a lapghan or a patchwork for my bed, with not much rhyme or reason to it.

I'll see.:hook

I'll check in later in the morning, depending on if SDR (Studly Do Right, my hubby's knickname for the forum) has cabin fever and needs to get out. It's still VERY cold here....

Time to pile on the layers and take the babies out....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh boy, don't I feel like a dope. I cannot believe I didn't realize it was your birthday. I am so sorry.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MA! :D:manyheart:hug

Well, blast me eyes if we don' t have Jack Sparrow among us ! Now, Jack,don't go gettin a swelled head cause you hit it bigger than the rest of us lowly pirates . We're all the same underneath all the skin and the fancy GARB you always wear .

I know I aint much fer looks, but I do have some good points .

Don't worry yer head none about fergettin my birth . It's been so long ago, you weren't even a twinkle in yer dad's eye at the time .

Before boats had them fancy motors ,or any of them racin boats .

Before boats had fancy paint jobs , or powerfil big motors .

Before boats were them big long military ships ...

Fer all I know, I coulda been around before those Plymouth Rock folks hit land over here .

I don't know,when you get this old, time just all runs together on you ,so taint nothin to git worked up about .

I'm just OLD . I DID have me a SLAB of birthday cake yesterday,which is all a pirate could ask for .

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes, guys ... :yes

Morning Judy

Thanks for stepping up to the challenge. It sounds like you are about ready to finish the baby-ghan . You sure can get things accomplished ! I just sit and spin my tires .

Anyhow, I know what you mean about cold. It is blistering cold here too. I don't know the temperature, but it is COLD .

Makes me want to stay in if possible .I don't think we have anything that needs done outdoors today, so I plan on staying inside I think .

You have a wonderful day over your way .

Good morning, Glories !

And how you all be this fine cold day ? It's a little nippy out fer sailin this mornin, but us pirates gotta have a thick skin,and be out in all kinds of weather . Just like mailmen,only on boats,riding in the water ...

Well,that was a bad example, but you all get the idear ... bein seafarin people .

Anyhow, today is our first whole day of the journey, so let's be comin to life here . I know you all have lotso f stuff to occupy your time, but you must have wanted to perticipait or you wouldn'ta signed on .

So today, I need ya to raise yer hand, account fer yerself bein here ,and at least give me a genral feelin about what yer plans are .

Colors ? Who ya might be seein as givin this to, or keepin it fer yerself,which is a fine idea if you need it .

Maybe one of you could keep up with me and get a square done today,which is what I plan on . Mine is about half done. I'll complete it and post a photo before the sun sets tonight .

So,who is up for a Sunday challenge ?

Just a little friendly competition amongst pirates .

Aye, good mornin' captain.

I''e been up checkin' the skys and seas. The skys be clear but the chill in the air is a bit much for these ol' priate bone.

I'm definately in need o' this afghan we're makin'. So I'm up for t' challenge today. I'll get me square done! I'll need someone t' keep a look out for me while I'm off t' church. There looks t' be a couple ships about in t' distance. Keep an eye out and make aye they be friendly mates!

I be diggin' in my stash for my first color. Pinks and browns have caught me eye.

:heart

:mug

Tam-

I thank you for the update and bein the good lookout that you are. Your work will be justly rewarded .

The pinks and browns sound right good to me, should be a purty site for sore eyes when its complete .

Will be glad to have someone to take on my challenge today .

I'll keep a weather eye out fer you while your out and about today .

A hearty good mornin' to ya, Captain. Such a fine leader, givin' all of us scurvy shipmates encouragement.

I dug through my treasure chest of yarn last evening and found BLUES. So I will be using the Red heart colors of BLUE, DELFT BLUE, SOFT NAVY and WHITE for my squares. Not sure what the final destination of this afghan will be - but most likely charity.

Well, maties, off to run some errands. Will be checking in later.

Debbie

Thank ye kindly for the mornin's update . Blues will fit the ticket perfeckly for a seafarin person that you are .

Will try to keep us all on track of some kind to get the squares moving .

We will all have to keep on our toes and try to get into a routine to complete our task at hand .

Good mornin' to the captain and the crew!

It's shiver-me-timbers cold around these parts too!

Seein' as how my job is to keep Polly supplied with crackers, I just sat next to her perch and crocheted the night away...started a square, gave Polly a cracker, crocheted a bit, gave Polly a cracker, and somehow I managed to do 4 squares. But we're gettin low on crackers so I don't know if I can get that many done today...

My squares are almost exactly 8 inches, using WW yarn and a J hook. I'm thinking 25 squares will give me a good sized baby blanket. I did make a square in each of the colors I had, but might still switch out the blue for a lighter shade.

I went to Michaels last night, but nothing caught my eye, so I came home empty handed.

Cindy

May I say ye outdid yerself ...and ME .

Wonderful job, keeping on the squares and Polly. I tend to fergit her meself sometimes til she starts sqawkin ...buy then none of us could git any peace .

Anyways, I will git on task on git my square completed today.

Thanks for the size and hook size too ,so we know what we'll be workin with .

Marnin', Mates!

Me crew is fed, and me chores be done.

Methinks our journey will be lots of fun!

Me plan is to do a square each day,

So I can keep up with me WIPs

And continues to play! ;)

Well, if it isn't LeaAnne,ready for the day !

And you are quite the poet and don't know it !

It sounds like you are much further ahead on your day than me .

I need to get moving and get a shower ,get dressed and get a useful start to my day .

So, you all hold down the boat til I get back.

Will be back in to check in with you all in a bit .

I have my best mate grandson here and need to spend some time with him before he has to go home, so will be back a little bit later .

Feel free to talk amongst yerselves ! :)

while I was crocheting up in the crows nest our gold was safe last night but someone robbed my neighbors home right next door. and literally used his computer chair rolled out his computer and tv right under our noses since our patio attached!he came home to things gone they even stole this felt box I made him that held his checkbooks:(so I was up until 1 am helping figure out numbers and what else was missing.ashame how someone could do this to older person!

Good mornin' to the captain and the crew!

It's shiver-me-timbers cold around these parts too!

Seein' as how my job is to keep Polly supplied with crackers, I just sat next to her perch and crocheted the night away...started a square, gave Polly a cracker, crocheted a bit, gave Polly a cracker, and somehow I managed to do 4 squares. But we're gettin low on crackers so I don't know if I can get that many done today...

My squares are almost exactly 8 inches, using WW yarn and a J hook. I'm thinking 25 squares will give me a good sized baby blanket. I did make a square in each of the colors I had, but might still switch out the blue for a lighter shade.

I went to Michaels last night, but nothing caught my eye, so I came home empty handed.

how many rows with a J hook did it take?

how many rows with a J hook did it take?

I didn't count the rows, I just made square 1 to be 8 inches square and then made the other squares to be the same size.

Since each square is a different stitch, each one takes a different amount of rows.

I didn't count the rows, I just made square 1 to be 8 inches square and then made the other squares to be the same size.

Since each square is a different stitch, each one takes a different amount of rows.

oh thats right wasnt thinking about the different stitches lol

Sheila, that is awful, your poor neighbor.

well we did get a chuckle because he says to me is that my towel on the floor over there.. I said I yes I put it on your computer chair ( I clean his house on saturday mornings for him). wait your chair is gone.then for christmas his family does the santa game where you if you dont like a your gift you can switch it out for someone else. well he got stuck with these penguin mugs and we laugh about it because they are sitting on his table in the box and I told him to regift them back :lol well the cop joke and said they left your mugs for you:lol

Hi ship mates! I'd like to join you on this voyager. I'm the Michigander being the winter Texan. The bay is near by here. It's beautiful on a nice sunny day. A bit chilly yet this morning. I checked some ads and HL has Vanna's yarn on sale for 2.67, Michael's has it for 2/5.00. I'm going to see what I have with me in my totes that will float. I have a few wip i'm working on so I will try and do 1 square a day.

Ahoy, Captain and crew of that there leaky scow! I hopes ye all have a fine time sailin' the oceans blue. I can't make the trip this time, but will be a cheerin' ye on when ye come by port now and again fer supplies. I'm a land lubber fer sur'. Them seas makes me turn a awful shade a green. Pure puts the frogs ter shame.

Ah hopes yer had a grand :birthday:cake:birthday thar Captain.

Avast, me hearties! I got me first me first square done last night. 'Tis the color of gold...goldfish that is. Because I be a pirate and a scaliwag to boot, I used an H hook and ended up with a 6 inch square. Mebbe, I'll use a different color and pattern for each of me squares.

Sheila-

Wow, that is too bad about the neighbor guy. Those must have been some scoundrels to come in like that . We don't have much of that kinda thing here ,other than people getting things stolen from their cars if they don't keep them locked at night .

Linda- thanks for stopping in ! We wouldn't want you to turn green like Kermit the Frog from sea-sickness , but if our next journey happens to be on land, maybe we can meet up on the trail .

Marlene - Welcome in, it's good to have you aboard ! I believe you could use any type yarn for this ,unless you specifically want the Vanna yarn. I have some myself, which is real nice, but I think almost any other yarn would do the trick, you'd maybe just have to use different hooks to go with whatever sized yarn,then the squares would turn out different sized .

Anyway, we are certainly glad to have you along with us .

Morning, there Sherri -- or mebbe afternoon it tis by now . I'm losing track of the clock. We need someone on the boat to ring the bell on the hour so we all know the time of day .

Your first square sounds a very pretty color,and this would make a colorful blanket to have all shades in it. I think it'd look nice no matter what colors or layout you used. It will be interesting to see all the finished combinations.

Avast, me hearties! I got me first me first square done last night. 'Tis the color of gold...goldfish that is. Because I be a pirate and a scaliwag to boot, I used an H hook and ended up with a 6 inch square. Mebbe, I'll use a different color and pattern for each of me squares.

I like your idea. I think if I try and match or use a certain color combo I'm going to make myself nuts.

This might end up being a HUGE, psychedelic, stash-busting blanket!:lol

Archived