Captain Hook & the Yarn Pirates

JulieKay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judy, that is so cute!

Thanks! My friend's DD calls the baby "tadpole"...so it fits:lol She won't know the sex of the baby for a couple of weeks yet - I got an early start on the ghan.:hook

Ahoy Cap'n Julie! I be lookin' fer a crew to join. I be skilled in emergency medicine and search and rescue. Me parrot be skilled in fixin' yarn tangles, too!!! Thar still be room aboard for us? :rock

Ahoy Miss Pixie !

We be needin a soul like you on board to fix up the crew when they have their mishaps, you know, with all them swords ,and trying to chop open coconuts, I can't count the number of bandaids I've had to put on them all. They probably need more than that, but I can't drive the boat and be the nurse .

the search and rescue would come right handy when we send someone on a yarn run, and they get lost in the fog.

So sure, come aboard ..tell us what colors you be thinking of and who will be the lucky one to get the finished item ?

Judy-

That froggie blanket is so cute ! And what a lot of work that must have been . Another lucky baby is around the corner, I bet !

My dear friend in FLA...has a DD in New Jersey, pregnant with her first child... My FLA friend has MS so she can't travel. I'm sending the ghan to her so she can see it in person before sending it on to her DD.

My square update -

I have 2 squares done ( of the set one, the sc) . I used an I hook and my squares came out to be 7 1/2 inches square .

Now, off to do some work on my knitting next. Gotta juggle 2 things at once .:)

Working on Square 1 - since I decided this is going to be a true patchwork...I'm going to go on to the next pattern with the same color. For a good sized dog blankie to cover my comforter I measured 80 inces by 60 - can be bigger, though. So it's 10 squares across by - 7 ? - down. My first one measures 8 inches across with a J hook. This is going to be a great stash buster!:hook

Jude

that is so nice of you to send the froggie blanket down first so your friend can see it .

And you have a good plan for this afghan,as for squares and colors. It is really nice to work on something simple and low attention span.. kinda relaxing .

It'll be pretty and colorful too .

Thanks, Jenni! It's good "seeing" you again...and great having you aboard!!:cheer
Thank you!:hug

Welcome, Jenni -

Of course, you are welcome on board, and we've all gotten lost in the fog from time to time .

So when is your baby due ?

And your colors sound very pretty. I really like GREY .... someday I need to make something grey .

The baby is due July 28th so I still have a ways to go but considering I have been trying forever it seems I am just so excited. And thank you for having me aboard cap'n :hug

Jules, it is nice having something easy to do - the fun part is using the different colors.

I'm nearly done with my 3rd square.

3/90 :lol

I be a true pirate - i don't pay no attention and lost me way when I shanghai'd me dinghy to get aboard!

I hope ye'll give this'un permission to stay aboard. Just don't make me clean the head or pump out the bilge water!

Hi to Jenny and Jenni. Glad you climbed aboard.

I did another sc square today, but spend most of the afternoon knitting rather than crocheting.

I noticed in the pattern that the squares go in different directions, which will make even these simple squares look interesting, I think.

God night all. I have to work tomorrow, so I will see you all sometime in the afternoon..

Jenny

Well, you must be a true pirate. I'm the Cap'n and I have no clue what bilge water is, but I won't make you clean it up.

We'll fer sure think of a duty for you,since we all have ours to keep this old thing afloat .

Maybe you wouldnt mind helping out in the kitchen and cuttin out all them tiny little circles for our spaghettios . We're gettin a big gang on board, and it takes a big heap of them to fill us all up .

Archived