Captain Hook & the Yarn Pirates

JulieKay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, mateys...I have a duffle bag full of deep, earthy tones of WW along with Cape Cod blue....will use a J hook instead of the I recommended for the yarn and see how it looks...:hook

Judy-

Those colors sound nice too ! The good thing about this afghan is that the square patterns are simple and the size can be adjusted easily to make it really large or you can make it small enough for a baby .

I could keep going and make a king size ghan for my bed (I DO have a LYS in my house:lol)

Ahoy, Cap'n. Permission to board this bucket o' barnacles. It's me...Smee from landlocked Texas, but I 'aint no landlubber. Me 'eart belongs to the sea, that it does. As for the colors now, I'll hafta do some t'inking on it. Maybe even visit Davey Jones' locker see what I can rustle up. I'll get back to ye.

... just finished swabbin' the decks, and cleaning the galley... now to get me some of that warm sunshine, find a barrel to sit upon and play a little with me hook!

:waving, to this fine crew!!!! It'll be fun sailing with you:tup

Crocheter---

Sorry I don't know yer name. I looked there on your profile page and still don't know it, so sorry I can't call you by your real handle .

We'd love to have you along, even if you can only make a square of each,that'll be ok, too. Maybe you'll know of a charity or something that could use those sizes .

My old friend, you never need special permission to come aboard, just haul yerself over the edge and climb in .

As fer landlocked, I aint no scholar ,especially on LAND ,although the seas, I know like the back of my hand .

I thought that there Texas had some water along a part of its' borders ..

Down around the Galveston area. Mebbe I'm mixed up though.

wouldnt be the first time THAT happened .:lol

Well, it sounds to me like we have enough to shove off on the trip, but will get somebody to climb up the pole and into the crow's nest to keep a lookout in case we have some folks yet who want to tag along. We'll stop this here boat and wait on em if we see them coming .

Well, Captain, I'm not too sure about my colors.

Since we're stuck on this here barnacle hulled wreck out here on the high seas, I'm gonna have to use whatever I can plunder, and so far it's lookin' a little scary. I've got white, bright blue, medium yellow and mint green. I dunno, I might need to board one of them other ships and see if I can find me some better lookin' treasure.

Or..... maybe I can hitch a ride on that lifeboat that's goin' to Michaels and try my luck there.......

My old friend, you never need special permission to come aboard, just haul yerself over the edge and climb in .

As fer landlocked, I aint no scholar ,especially on LAND ,although the seas, I know like the back of my hand .

I thought that there Texas had some water along a part of its' borders ..

Down around the Galveston area. Mebbe I'm mixed up though.

wouldnt be the first time THAT happened .:lol

Shiver me timbers and brain me with barnacles, I meant ter say, the county proper in which I live is landlocked. There be a river here called the Concho and a wiser treasure hunter than me has found pink and lavender pearls in its waters. But 'tis the sea that calls this old tar.

I want to stop by and say hello. :) I might return for a sip of homemade rum.

I will be back later this week when I am ready. Even if I have a nice view of sea (a mile away), I know nothing of sea speak. I don't have any vanna choice in my stash. I should check Joanne's soon. :waving

Cindy-

Well, I hope you can get some colors that are pleasin to your eyes ... somethin tells me whoever is taking that lifeboat to Michael's, better be pulling a dingy along behind just to carry the yarn back .

While you guys are over there , pick us up some more straight hooks. I think someone was using theirs for openin tin cans or something, they said it's crooked . Maybe we should ask em how it happened .

Sherri-

TheConcho River ,you say ? Think this old wreck could make it up that river or is it too wide ?

Them pearls sound like just what a pirate might want to have in his treasure box, don't you think ?

You could draw us a map to help us locate the exact spot .

Hi there Diane

We'd be more than happy to have you along, and I don't really think you'd have to use Vann's yarn with this pattern. I think just about any kind would work, depending on what you are making it for. More or less squares would pretty much solve the size issue .

I have started my first one, but maybe only 1/3 done. I am babysitting today, so not much time to devote to doing my own thing. Come Monday,I'll have plenty of time then . :)

Well, bust my britches if it aint old Calamity herself ! Where you been keepin yerself, pal ?

I know you have a fondness for the Old Man and the Sea .... so you been READIN, or hunting for the REAL Old Man & the Sea ?

I'm OLD . You're on the SEA in our boat .

Mebbe they'd let you have the crow's nest job tonite,then you could hunt fer an Old Man .

Best of all 3 then .

I want to stop by and say hello. :) I might return for a sip of homemade rum.

I will be back later this week when I am ready. Even if I have a nice view of sea (a mile away), I know nothing of sea speak. I don't have any vanna choice in my stash. I should check Joanne's soon. :waving

Hi, Diane!!:clap ...and I know nothing of sea speak, either...despite my father being a merchant seaman and one brother a graduate of the Merchant Marine Academy. I was buried under piles of books at the time any seafaring discussions were being held:lol

Hello everyone. I would loved to come aboard. :D

Hi, Tab!!:clap

Sherri-

TheConcho River ,you say ? Think this old wreck could make it up that river or is it too wide ?

Them pearls sound like just what a pirate might want to have in his treasure box, don't you think ?

You could draw us a map to help us locate the exact spot .

The River be a might small for our ship, Cap'n. Ye might be able ter stick yer big toe in to cool ye off on a hot summer day, but that'd be 'bout it. I'd draw ye a map, but there be mermaids guardin' the pearls. They are a feisty bunch of lasses to be sure.

Ahoy, Maties. Just got home from buying supplies for the cooking part of our trip, since I am the cook. :lol

Will be going through my treasure chest this evening to see what colors would be good for this afghan.

Surely sounds as though we have lots of good ship mates on this voyage.

Archived