Captain Hook & the Yarn Pirates

JulieKay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:waving!

I am not quite sure where today went:think :lol

anyhoo... i did get my first square done, Cap'n, as promised! It is gold, like the sun (RHSS Cornmeal) and is the 1st square: sc. I used a J, and it turned out to be 8",

Have good slumbers, shipmates!

I'll be off to work ta-marah in the marnin', and'll stop to report just past the mid-day!

Nite LeaAnne,and all the rest --

I'm gonna hit the sack myself. takes a lot of work keeping the ship afloat, and I'm beat tonight .

Will be here bright and early in the morn for roll call .

Get ready, I think I heard the cook say the mornin's fare consists of hot porridge and hash .

Good eatin on an empty stomach after a night on the seas .

Keep workin on them squares --we'll be lookin for some reports on them come mid-week .

Hi there. Thanks to someone who just mention the weekly sale at Michael's, I found out that Wool thick & quick is 2 for $9! It will be perfect for an afghan I have in mind. Also, I don't try Vanna choice before. This Jackson afghan will be a perfect opportunity. I am not sure about the colors yet. The Jackson afghan will be a charity afghan.

I will be back later this week when I can get Vanna Choice and Wool Thick & Quick on sale in Michael's.

Good morning! Early call for my furbabies...this is my usual time to be up - but then I crawl back into bed when they're all taken care of and we all have a nap:D

Thanks, Marlene!

And yup - rotating the direction of the squares will make it look really nice!

And a good morning to you, Cap'n and all my shipmates. Got my first square done last night - a single crochet one in white. Will be doing another this evening. Right now I'm off to my land-lubber job piloting a desk . . . :lol

See you all this evening.

Good job, Jude, keep up the good work !

and Debbie- the picture in my head of you piloting a desk at work ! FUNNY !

I could just see a desk on wheels, rolling down the hallways,with you behind it in your wheelie- chair .....

Bet you'd get some odd looks if you tried THAT .

Mornin mateys. I got one square finished last night in Maroon (the sc one) and about to get me a cup of hot tea :( would love coffee but its off limits for a bit. Gonna hopefully get at least 4 more sc squares done today if not all of them.

Morning Capn and shipmates. I'm going to use Caron SS, one of the ladies here gave several skeins of it. I'm going to give it to my sister, she is expecting a new grandbaby in July. This afghan she can keep at her house for the baby. It will be a girl and I want to make her a pink blanket or pink and white. I'll be getting started on it today. Also making heart dolls for three of the grandkids. One in pink, one in purple and the other in a blue shade not sure yet. Have to mail them to Michigan so I need to finish them this week.

Jenni-

good for you, you have a good goal for the day !

Marlene,

Your pinks in a baby blanket sound very pretty ! Good choice. This will be fun to see what you all come up with .

That's why these CALs are fun. We can all start with the same basic pattern,but put our own twist on it, so it comes out in so many different ways .

It's 46 inches square, and the pattern is from a booklet called "Crochet Animal Afghans" by the Needlecraft Shop.

OMGosh............that is amazing!!!

you did a great job mate!

:heart

:mug

Ahoy mates...........

me first square be done.

I be movin' a bit slow today... me head ba a poundin'!!! :(

I be doin' me best to get another square done today!

Any pics yet of anyones squares?

:heart

:mug

Hey Tam

Sorry to hear about your head. I get those things too, Not fun .

No photos yet, but I'll see about getting some posted by tonight . I usually have Sam take and download them for me,since his camera is so speedy. Mine is older and is more bother to do it, so I'll ask him tonite .

Congrats on getting your 1st one done !

Ahoy me bunch of buccaneers !

As some of you know, and others ones will find out, I once in awhile like to toss in a little fun thing to do to make the group a little more lively ,so I thought of just a tiny little bit of fun we can do today .

So,when you come in to post today, you can post about anything you want ,regarding your yarn,colors, progress,etc, BUT, we're gonna have a little TWIST to the posts today .

When you come in --- someplace in your post, name either a MOVIE,BOOK, TV show , or a CHARACTER that has something to do with pirates or ships or the ocean .

I'll go first : Moby Dick .

Ahoy Miss Pixie !

We be needin a soul like you on board to fix up the crew when they have their mishaps, you know, with all them swords ,and trying to chop open coconuts, I can't count the number of bandaids I've had to put on them all. They probably need more than that, but I can't drive the boat and be the nurse .

the search and rescue would come right handy when we send someone on a yarn run, and they get lost in the fog.

So sure, come aboard ..tell us what colors you be thinking of and who will be the lucky one to get the finished item ?

Thank Ye kindly Cap'n Julie! Just send 'em on over and I'll stitch 'em up between rows. I be thinkin' on using the colors of the Caribbean for my 'ghan. Turquoise, sand, an' sunset colors. The recipient 'o this 'ghan will likely be me goddaughter. She's 8 and needs something to warm her bones on the windy seas. Oh, and warn the crow's nest to be on 'th lookout for Cutthroat Island, I hear there be many shoals near there and many natives just waitin' on the next shipwreck to be plunderin'. :eek

Pixie

I do believe you have a plan there ,and the colors sound wonderful .

We'll be lucky to have a well trained medical person aboard .Pirates genrally are in need of those services. They live a rough and dangerous life .

Gotta keep a loookout now for TREASURE ISLAND .

Archived