Captain Hook & the Yarn Pirates

JulieKay

Ahoy Matey !

Welcome aboard. You must’ve had a proper map to show you the way .

I’m in need of some hearty souls that are willing to take a journey with me .

Our first leg of the trip will be an easy one, with a treasure for each of you at the end .

Our goal here is to learn new stitches ,and use those to make an afghan to keep you warm on those cold ,windy nights on deck .

Follow this link to see where our first project will take us. It’s an easy journey ,so even you newbies can follow along .If you aren't yet signed in to the Lion Brand page, then sign up ,and search for Jackson Square ,the first stop on our trip .

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90095AD.html?noImages=&r=1

Give us your name and where you hale from, and what your best colors might be ,then we’ll lift anchor and start the journey .

****Please note--- The remainder of the group is now meeting up over at the Happy House thread here in the CAL area,so just jump on in there to meet up with others working on this !

Thanks very much !

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got a special errand for you, my good mate .We'll be needing someone with a good weather-eye who's not afraid of heights .How do you feel about climbing up in the crow's nest to spot land ?

Sound like something you can do ?

Aye Captain.... me aint no lily-livered lass.

I be checkin' the skys now!

:heart

:mug

Marnin' Captain!

methinks this would be a voyage not to be missin'!

Me hopes I gets permission to come aboard! I be in need of some treasure, in the colors of the sand the golden sun and the sea!:wink

Judy-

That sounds like a fine first mate to me. I hope you know something about adjusting the sails,because I don't ,so I'll need each of you to take on a chore to help me out on this old barge .

;)

Reporting for duty, Captain!

And welcome to all the new shipmates:cheer:clap

Well, if it's not my old pal from back in the early days before we were old enough to grow beards. Remember all the fun we used to have ?

It's great to have you aboard ,and I do believe we need someone to make sure Polly has her crackers. Would you mind takin on that task for me ?

Ahoy ye cap't permission to come aboard.. me thinks me wants to set a sail with crooked hook and all.I've traveled from cactus and prickly pines to find my way to your sea way port.I've plundered up yarn from scavengers afar so I will be a mixin some powerful brew.

There you are, lass ! I wondered where you been keepin yerself,and now we know: The Isle of Fun .

Sounds like you're spending your time in a good place !

And the colors of the sand and sea sound wonderful to me. Not a better sight for these old eyes .

Shiver me timbers, it sounds like you're quite a live wire to travel that far to hunt us down. Clear across the scrub brush just to join up with this narley crew ,and you've bent your hook along the way .

I must say that entitles you to a special job, so how bout you be one of my main lookouts for other vessels heading this way trying to steal the gold ?

We need someone who shows no fear, so it sounds like you could fit the bill .

Hey Gang -

If you all want to make comments regarding colors,yarn ,etc , it's fine to start in any time you are ready. This pattern looks like something fun and easy to get a good start ,then we'll have a special treat for our next adventure, but for now, let's concentrate on the task at hand .

I'll be using some of the Vanna yarn I've been saving for a special project .

My colors are a beige, dusty green and taupe ,which is a brown that looks a little like hot chocolate to me .

How about the rest of you, got any colors in mind yet ?

Shiver me timbers, it sounds like you're quite a live wire to travel that far to hunt us down. Clear across the scrub brush just to join up with this narley crew ,and you've bent your hook along the way .

I must say that entitles you to a special job, so how bout you be one of my main lookouts for other vessels heading this way trying to steal the gold ?

We need someone who shows no fear, so it sounds like you could fit the bill .

:flying like the crows aye flyin I will be looking.with crooked hook in hand:hook

Well, if it's not my old pal from back in the early days before we were old enough to grow beards. Remember all the fun we used to have ?

It's great to have you aboard ,and I do believe we need someone to make sure Polly has her crackers. Would you mind takin on that task for me ?

Alright, Polly will get crackers anytime she wants them.

I'm going to make this into a baby blanket. every January, I donate all the baby items I have made over the year to the local pregnancy resource center, so I can start over.

I have to look through my stash to see what colors I have enough of. White will be one of them, but not sure about what else I will use.

Well, it sounds to me like we are assembling a fine crew to get this barge off to a good start . I still need someone to clean off all the old barnacles, but I doubt anyone will want that job, unless they are made of tough stuff. That's not a task for a pantywaist .

There could be some out there that wouldn't shirk from their duties, so we'll wait and see .:D

Cindy-

that sounds like a great idea,and couldn't go to a better cause . Let us know when you choose what colors to match .

These look like they may turn out to be fairly large squares, I'm not sure yet, so maybe you wouldn't need it to be quite as many squares for a baby .

I believe the pattern says to use a J hook . I think I will use an I and see how big my squares come out. I'll try to get my first one started today and measure it out .

Of course I remember!!! that's why I'm reporting for duty on this here ole rickety barge, Captain! But don't worry, we'll get her ship-shape! The high seas will never be the same again!:devil

Not sure of my colors yet...at 40 by 48 it could be lapghan or baby blanket...but I'm leaning toward using earth tones from my stash....

Archived