The Village Shoppe

Amy

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm a 24 hour shop with yarn, coffee and comfy chairs.....sounds like a good place. I'm usually asleep by now and up very early but I think the little nap I took while putting my granddaughter down for a nap today has my schedule thrown off, guess it's a good thing I don't have to work tomorrow. Think I'll settle into a comfy chair in the family room to work on my afghan, maybe I'll relax enough to fall asleep soon.

My oh my, I have had a very unproductive day today. Did enjoy the Vikings/ Cowboys game. Now it will be hard to know who to root for, Farv or Brees. Brees is local boy from Austin. :P

* goes to Bistro for Hot cocoa and a piece of Banana bread..

After the game I went to the LYS with my girlfriend to get her some yarn to teach her how to do Tunisian. She will be making a lap version of the Guatemalan Surprise. We then picked up her DH and he worked on my computer the rest of the afternoon. .... Did you know when you remove a security program (McAfee) it doesn't remove all of it? Then when you try to load a better program (Kaspersky) it wont go on!!!! There were bits of McAfee all over the place on my computer and each one had to be removed by itself :faint

* Desides to go back for that danish anyway...

Finally my computer is happy again, so I can come to the Village Shoppe. But alas I am pooped and am going to turn in and see what tomorrow brings.

Oh Nichole, Crewel is just the name of embroidery with wool threads, and my minister was very happy to get it back. He was wearing the other one of the set, that was made for a shorter person than him. We had 2 senior pastors in a row that were only about 5'2-4" in height and associate pastors that were taller. Things got a little interesting when we then got a new senior pastor who was 6'5" :lol I had to get very creative with seaming. :yes

Again.... goodnight :night

Stopping into grab a coffee and say hello then I'm off to my sewing machine. My granddaughter needs a hat to go with the sailor dress I made for her. Only 3 and already worrying about the accessories :lol I'll popping in throughout the day. Have a great day everyone.

Goodmorning ladies:

Mooooving right along thru the Bistro to grab a fast cup of coffee and then heading to the village shop to browse thru the yarns to see which ones i'd like to wind into cake and then off to the Family room for some relaxation...

But of course since this is a fantasy land i can wish can't I??/

Lets see how my day goes....

Will catch ya all later today..

hugs

Just out of the bistro with huge club sandwich and a large glass of iced tea.

I have to put my bedspread aside for a bit and finish the baby blanket I have going. Baby is not due for another 7 weeks but momma had him on Sunday. Both baby and Momma are doing good. I will post pics of it when I am finished. I hope to have it done by tonight. It is a RR. So it should go fast.

Hope every one is having a good day.:hook

Hello Everyone,

I hope you had a great evening. I know I did. I popped in to the bistro bright and early for a HUGE cup of coffe and then went straight to the Spinasium. Its been a productive morning in there. Here is a bit of what I have been up to last night and this morniing. The first picture is of some baby alpacca roving (just cant resist its softness) and a bit of playing on my drop spindles.

The other two pictures are hot of the spinning wheels. I have been playing a bit to see what the blue bamboo silk roving wants to be and I think it is going to be my thread for special doilies and things like that. The grey alpacca is working up nicely into a lace to fingerling weight for perhaps a shawl (?) I am not sure just what it wants to be whiped into yet but I love how it is spinning up. I am using the Kromski wheels to spin those two. Thanks Amy for building the Spinasium so quickly. Now can you do that to my home too? :devil

Ok enough playing in the Spinasium for now. Back to the Bistro for a cup of hot herb tea and then to the family room to work on those wips I need to finish. :hook

post-13959-135897497266_thumb.jpg

post-13959-13589749727_thumb.jpg

post-13959-135897497272_thumb.jpg

Just breezing in to grab a cup of espresso... I love the cream designs. Amy your Barista does a great job!! Going to stop in the internet room to change my work addresses. This working from home is still new and I am not as organized as I need to be. ;) May play a while in the family room and finish a WIP later.

Tammy your spinning is wonderful... note to self, stop by the Spinasium and watch. Really cool stuff.

Tammy Your new yarn looks great. I so wish I was not allergic to wool.....

I am also alergic to wool but the baby alpacca does not bother me. It is much harder to learn to spin with alpacca and bambo/silk is really a challenge at first but once you get the hang of it it is not so bad. I have not used my drop spindles for awhile so it took a bit to get back into it. I had to learn to use the drop spindle with alpacca instead of wool because of my allergies but if you can use wool do so when learning. Alpacca is much more difficult to draft and spin properly when learning because it can be a slippery fiber to work with as a beginner. I have never tried to spin anything other than wool or alpacca on a drop spindle so I cant tell you anything more about fibers to drop spin. The bambo silk roving has definately been a challenge for me on the wheel as I have only been wheel spinning about two and a half months. A friend taught me to spin on her Kromski wheel and now I am hooked. I so want to try out other wheels to see which one I like the best. Some day I will own one but I want to make sure I like the wheel before I buy it. It is a large investment that is worth it if its the right wheel for you.

Wiz- that is so neat the yarn you made in the spinasium!!

Dorothy- you must have spent the day in the living room crocheting today- what a beautiful blanket!!

Think I'll head over to the cafe for a cup of java!

:morcoffee Stumbling to the bistro for the largest :coffee avalable. The girls have had 3 days off school so I am not used to getting up this early.

Off to the family room to try to wake up enought to crochet. If I fall asleep just leave me :D

MOOOOOONING Ladies:

Well i wasnt having a great afternoon yesterday so didnt drop by.. I will see what the day brings me today..

Just moooooved on over to bistro for my humungus cup of Puerto Rican coffee and then I will be heading to the family room and await for the mail man...

I did get to stop by the village yarn shop and picked up some Caron One Pounders and so I winded it at the spinasium I found a yarn ball wider there hinding in a corner and i said mooooooove over here i come..... So played with that a wee and had fun...

Catch ya all later

hugs

Morning all! :D

Here's pics! Finally! :D I still hgave to curl some of Cara's hair, but she's all put together now. :yes

DSCF7752.jpg

Here's Cara and Amity playing with my crocheted dog. :)

DSCF7753.jpg

It's fine dorothy, if you fall asleep, we'll just give you a :kick, and wake you up! :P JK! JK! :lol

Archived