The Village Shoppe

Amy

Okay with more coffee I remembered something I was going to tell you Amy. If you are interested in Tunisian you should look into Kim Guzman's new book with DVD, it on Tunisian Lace stitches. I was wishing for it for Christmas but DH didn't get it :(

Yes, I've heard this is really fabulous. Having all the materials Kim develops for her classes here at the 'Ville, I'm sure it is stupendous!

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Try explaining to a teacher that my raccoon ate my sons homework. Ended up having to supply pics to prove it. I have to get to bistro and get coffee.

Is this a real pet raccoon? Or just a wild raccoon that you happen to feed? I've always wanted a pet raccoon!! I also want a pet river otter. And a bobcat.

I am working on the first motif now..... I figured it out I need 69 balls of red thread.

OMGosh!:faint:out That's TONS of thread!:eek:eek

Hi a stichintime! Do you mind if I pet yarn with you? :) Have you felt the Bamboo/Silk yarn yet?? :P

utf-8Bam9lLmpwZw.jpg. He's for real I got him at about 1 day old till last april when he would be a year old. He decided to be an outside pet. They are so cuddly till they get about 45 lbs and then they get very playfull and can really hurt you. I'm on a list with vet to take care of wildlife. But he was my first.

utf-8Bam9lLmpwZw.jpg. He's for real I got him at about 1 day old till last april when he would be a year old. He decided to be an outside pet. They are so cuddly till they get about 45 lbs and then they get very playfull and can really hurt you. I'm on a list with vet to take care of wildlife. But he was my first.

awwwww.... he's sweet!:)

*Been overhearing your delightful conversation from the beach for a couple days and I'm feeling brave enough to venture in. :hi I will stop at the Bistro for a Latte before grabbing a book from the Library. In a few, I'll find a spot in the family room to get comfy and think about my next project. Scarf, hat or bag?:think*

I have seen that pattern before. But now with the pics of what it actually looks like I like it. I tried something to see if it'll work and it did. I saved it onto my desktop so I can look at the pattern later. Thanks so much for the link to the pattern. :)

http://ladyfiddler.chrisdabis.com/BedspreadsFrom1947.pdf

Here is the bedspread pattern I found It! :clap:clap

I need a outlet so I can plug in the Rumba so the Village can stay clean with out us having to put up a chores list!

**going to the bistro for a English toffee cappachino and a apple strusel muffin*

Since we are on a lush tropical island with beautifully warm temperatures, I'm going to go to the bistro for an iced coffee (with lots of cream and sugar) and settle in the family room for some fun crochet chatter. :) And, hopefully get some motivation and inspiration from my friends on completing the snowflake afghan I've been working on since the first of November :P. http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/leisure-arts/snowflake-winter-afghan-crochet-pattern Pull up a chair!

Quick question my sis told me about hour ago her church is having booth at local town thingey and are raising money for youth. Since I'm the only on to crochet they need items. So ladys I need suggestions. Can't get on ravelry so nothing from there. I'm learning so ill try anything. Just need suggestions that would sell. I have until sept. I love my sis really I do. Oh my cup is empty and I need a sandwich.

Just be sure you use patterns that give permission for finished items made from them to be sold (or at the very least, that you can sell items made for charity). If you don't see this information on the pattern itself, or on the website the pattern came from, you can always contact the designer/copyright holder to ask for permission.

There are lots of patterns out there that can be used for charity, but I don't have a list of them. Maybe some others do. Please, when making suggestions, remember to make sure you only provide links for patterns that give permission to sell the finished items (whether for any purpose or just for charity). :)

Think I'll be having tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. Waiting for dh to come back with ds, so I can see if they want any, too.

Quick question my sis told me about hour ago her church is having booth at local town thingey and are raising money for youth. Since I'm the only on to crochet they need items. So ladys I need suggestions. Can't get on ravelry so nothing from there. I'm learning so ill try anything. Just need suggestions that would sell. I have until sept. I love my sis really I do. Oh my cup is empty and I need a sandwich.

I have made little circle scrubies out of rug yarn that sell well (no pattern just 2 or 3 rounds and a k hook). Dish cloths, and potholders and kitchen towels out of cotton sell well too. If you live in a cold climate hats sell. I hope this helps.:yes

Just be sure you use patterns that give permission for finished items made from them to be sold (or at the very least, that you can sell items made for charity). If you don't see this information on the pattern itself, or on the website the pattern came from, you can always contact the designer/copyright holder to ask for permission.

There are lots of patterns out there that can be used for charity, but I don't have a list of them. Maybe some others do. Please, when making suggestions, remember to make sure you only provide links for patterns that give permission to sell the finished items (whether for any purpose or just for charity). :)

Think I'll be having tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. Waiting for dh to come back with ds, so I can see if they want any, too.

That's what I try to look for my sis sent some pics of stuff and I looked at them and told her couldn't use them. Took her awhile to understand while. Grilled cheese sounds really good.

:lol Sorry LeaAnne, I was hiding behind the books in the library. I'm here.

I was also busy doing some duty in my own bistro (where I am head chef, bus girl and dishwasher) and then getting my little princess ready for bed. You may all laugh to learn that my DD is much like our mascot. She loves to play with kleenex. She makes doll dresses from kleenex (sometimes very well made ones!) and rips it up into all sorts of make believe items. I had to de-kleenex her bed before I could tuck her in. She must be part cat.

Good luck with finding your charity items, countrymom1!

Well,maybe I was wrong. I don't know if this is the proper place for me after all. I've read some posts in here that makes me wonder what kind of people are running it. This is supposed to be a nice friendly place to meet but obviously I was incorrect in my evaluation. Maybe someone could enlighten me and make me understand so that I don't feel like I miss-judged. Thank you in advance.

Patty, we've had some people trying to disrupt this thread in a not-so-nice way, but their posts have been removed. (It's against our forum guidelines to try to cause drama.) If you have concerns about what has been happening, you can send me a PM.

I don't know if I'm supposed to post this but this place is great. I'm not working right now and being able to talk to people who understand our craft Is so nice. You can get ideas, help and conversation. What could be better.

Archived