The Village Shoppe

Amy

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't seem to get to sleep, so I was searching for a chai latte when I stumbled acrossed the bistro. And it's so inviting in here I thought I'd get out my ripple afgan, put up my feet & stay for a bit. Is anyone else burning the midnight oil?

nicole, that's awesome! I just got that book on Ebay too right before Christmas :) I've been trying to use some random afghan hook I found but it's too long I think, I can't get the hang of using it. I need to just put a rubberband on a regular hook instead and try that pattern out! :) Just learning Tunisian so it's slow going for me.

Nicole - Your dishcloth is beautiful! :manyheart

Heather - Your snowflake 'ghan is gorgeous! :drool My goodness that must have been a lot of work! Do you leave the ends to form a fringe around the edge or do you have a lot of weaving to do?

*Stopping by the Bistro for my Sunday morning coffee. Goodmorning everyone!*

Morning all! :D

*drops into the Bistro for a Hot Choco.............then heads to the Family room to lounge and crochet............*

@dorothysgirls: Your yarn holder is cool! :D

Heading over to the family room to make pj pant bottoms for my FSD, it already has a shirt, so it now needs pants.

I can't wait to see them! :D You'll have to post some pics! :D I'm working on a red dress for Amity right now, it's made out of red cotton yarn, with a G hook. I'm just making it up as I go......:D

:cheer Heather! Ir's very pretty!:clap:clap

Well, I'm off to work on Amitys dress! I'll be back! :D

I'll try to post a pic of the pants, crocheter4Jesus, as soon as I find a memory card that works. They are pink and are about halfway done on 1 pant leg! I like them so far.

*heads over to the family room after getting some toast at the bistro to work on pants*

Good morning- enjoying a nice cup of bold coffee from the bistro. I'll then be heading out for brunch with DD and plan on stopping back into the family room later for some football and crocheting!

Have a great day everyone!

:hi imanurse!

@dorothysgirls: the Mini Free Sprit Doll pattern works up VERY quickly! :yes

I started on one today, and I already have a leg done!

A faster crocheter, could probably finish one in a day!:eek:D

Well, I have to go! I'll be working on Amity's friend, Cara(also means Friend, but in a different language)

Bye!

~C4J

I'm on my final three pattern repeats. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Here's my WIP:

Happy Sunday everyone. Heather this ghan is gorgeous. You did a great job.

Ok now I need CCCCCOOOOOFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! headed to the bistro for the biggest cappi I can get and a nice orange scone then off to the living room to play with the kitty and work on my wips Hope everyone has a great day. :hug

I need coffee tooo.... I hear the Capi machine calling my name. I think I saw cinamon rolls that are the size of salad plates too. :woo I am gunna be all sugared up. I have to empty the container on the rumba so it can start vacuming again then I am going to work on my bedspread..

Nicole that looks GREAT!

Thanks

nicole, that's awesome! I just got that book on Ebay too right before Christmas :) I've been trying to use some random afghan hook I found but it's too long I think, I can't get the hang of using it. I need to just put a rubberband on a regular hook instead and try that pattern out! :) Just learning Tunisian so it's slow going for me.

I use a 14" hook. It definitely takes some getting used to. I have been doing Tunisian work for awhile now. I love it!

I'm on my final three pattern repeats. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Here's my WIP:

That is absolutely gorgeous!!

:cheer :cheer :cheer For Dorothysgirls, she can do it!!! :cheer :cheer :cheer

Okay I know that was bad. My only excuse is it is late at night. :P

I know this isn't crochet, but crewel, but I had to share it anyway :lol

[ATTACH]15332[/ATTACH]

Off to bed now got to get the stole to church by 7:30am so....must get some sleep.

That is really neat! I've never even heard of that before.

Oh, okay! :D

*Finishes hot chocolate.....*

Here is Amity in her new dress! :D:yay

DSCF7742.jpg

Very blurry I know..:( Not very good lighting in my room...:(

Amity is so cute! Great dress, too. :yes

I'm just hanging around today...getting ready to watch my Red Wings hopefully beat the Blackhawks. Have a great day everyone!

Here Piccolo here kitty kitty. I just got a bunch of new hair ties for you to play with and I need a kitty to keep my lap warm. I promiss not to let Wyatt chase you. He is too busy trying to steal my stash again.

post-13959-135897497117_thumb.jpg

post-13959-135897497121_thumb.jpg

post-13959-135897497124_thumb.jpg

I got sidetracked and worked on an Iphone cover instead of the dolls pjs. I found out I'm in love with thread crocheting! It's so fun.

The IPhone cover turned out a bit small. Oh well, I don't feel like unraveling 2 hours of work.

Hi all :)

Heather: I love the afghan!

crocheter4jesus: That doll is sooo cute

wiz: Haha your dog! -nomnomnomnom- hehehe

nicole: ohh I think my hook is longer than that haha, I need to measure it and see

Got some sleep last night which is kind of unusual haha, but while waiting on pills to kick in I got some done on a redo of the golf club cover pattern. I think this time it'll work. Now I just need Hobby Lobby to get the colors in stock next week so I can order hehe!

Wow we are all busy here... I was reading this bedspread pattern and each motif has 13,643 stitches. :faint I will need lots of :coffee and prolly some :kick to get this done! I will take a picture of the center flower when I get it done.

Here Piccolo here kitty kitty. I just got a bunch of new hair ties for you to play with and I need a kitty to keep my lap warm. I primiss not to let Wyatt chase you. He is too busy trying to steal my stash again.

And i thought i was the only one with a yarn stealing dog. Hi all we are having a decent snowstorm today so i have grabbed an iced tea with lime and splenda at the bistro and am curling up on a couch in the family room to use up some scraps by making scarves and stuffed toys.

And i thought i was the only one with a yarn stealing dog. Hi all we are having a decent snowstorm today so i have grabbed an iced tea with lime and splenda at the bistro and am curling up on a couch in the family room to use up some scraps by making scarves and stuffed toys.

I am just greatful he only steals it out of the bin and sometimes rolls it around. He never chews it up thank god. SOmetimes he may slobber all over it but at least he doesn't eat it. I just through it in an old nylon stockin gand into the washer and dryer and it is as good as new.

Thanks all for you words of encouragement on my afghan WIP. :) All those ends will be woven in once I'm done with the crochet part, then onto the border.

I know it isn't morning anymore, but I'm going to check out the plate-sized sweet rolls someone mentioned in their posts. I think a good strong cup of java would go nicely with that. Save some room for me on the comfy couch.......I'll be back! :lol

Archived