The Village Shoppe

Amy

Ladies i'm about to scream here.... Calgon take me far aways....

I got hubby with TV as loud as can be and he swears he is not hard of hearing..

Then Foxie is barking at the tv like a mad dog i guess the noise is bothering her too.

Then to top it off my parrot is on a Squacky mood too cause he say he cant be left out ...

So what do i do???? Well i went and lowered the TV in front of hubby and he knows better than to raise the volume.

Then i scolded Foxie and told her to go to bed so she if finally quiet and Baby I covered him too so he is quiet and my sister knows better than to think of coming up here now and get on my nerve so she is quietly downstairs..

So what do I need ladies Yes I'm running to the Bistro and I'm bringing my humongus mug and fill it up to the rim with yes you know hazelnut coffee and a huge slice of Pumkin Pie for get the calories right now all i care is about some silence.....

Then i will gather my thoughts at the yarn shoppe and after i'm all calmed cool and collective i will go into the family room and crochet....

Before i leave i must say to nicole and to heather and crochet4jesus that you have all done beautiful works ..... Wow I love it all..... I could never do them afghans thats for sure.....

Great job ladies...

hugs and catch you all later again

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOVE IT!!!!!...I started to make a heart fridgie and then I turned it into a coaster...Used worsted yarn..lol...

Hi, everyone! I'm glad to see everyone has been so chatty and sharing projects. :manyheart Everything is beautiful.

Here's my project started and finished today.

[ATTACH]15333[/ATTACH]

It's from A Dozen & One Tunisian Dishcloths by Kim Guzman. I got it from ebay on Friday. It only took a day to get here so I was excited to get started on one today. It's going to a swap partner. There are some great dishcloths in this book. It's addicting and I've already started another. :hook

Take care everyone! Talk with you soon.

Good afternoon, everyone! I'm in the library reading Knitting America by Strawn (great photos, including one of a group of girls crocheting in a settlement house). I just made a batch of cranberry muffins, and I'm putting the kettle on for some tea. She Who Roars is curled up at my feet, but she's a cat-lovin' dog, so she'll leave Piccolo alone. Patty

She Who Roars is curled up at my feet, but she's a cat-lovin' dog, so she'll leave Piccolo alone. Patty

Since Piccolo THINKS she's a dog, I'm sure they'll get along great! :cat :dog

I finished Cara's head, and stuffed it, when I realized....I had forgotten to put the eyes and mouth on!!!:eek So I had to take out two rounds, and take out the stuffing, and now I'm out of 9mm eyes!:( Sooo.... its off to hobbylobby to get more!..........I wish!:lol Hopefully we will go soon!:)

Ah well, a full day of crocheting...:D

@DesertCrocheter: How did your dog get her name? :D

Hmmm this looks like a nice shop *opens door and walks in*

Hi everyone! I've been wandering around here for quite a while and figured this would be a nice place to visit and get my feet wet.

*pours herself a regular grande with extra cream and snags a cranberry walnut muffin for a bedtime snack*

I'm Kim and I admit I can be a bit long winded at times. So don't think twice about telling me to slow down and take a breath. I'd love a place to hang out, get and give encouragement and get ideas (like I don't have enough already! lol).

I'm currently trying to catch up on Christmas presents from last year (only 1.5 handwarmer sets and a hat to go) Then it's onto a zillion and one ideas rattling around my head! With 2 weddings and my first grandbaby coming this year, I've got to get to work!

I've also started recycling yarn from thrift store purchases. Hope I can keep my yarn barf mess to a minimum. Maybe it can distract Piccolo from the TP.

crocheter4jesus...Amity is a cutie! I'm looking forward to seeing the wardrobe you create for her.

Dorothy...that bedspread is beautiful! And intimidating...You're a much braver crocheter then I am. Can't wait to watch your progress.

Heather...your afghan is awesome! I can't wait to hear you've finished it.

Carrie....the repair job on the stole was amazing. You do some great work.

Wiz....your puppy is adorable! The fact that he helps himself is hilarious.

I think I'll go meander into the family room and sit a spell. I can't work on the other half of the handwarmer set until morning because it's in black yarn. So maybe I'll work on some mindless granny squares for my midnight brites afghan.

:hi and :welcome Kmomof12!! It is a wonderful place to visit, gab, crochet, and sneak kitty TP!

Anybody who sneaks TIP to the kitty gets vacuum duty! :lol

Amy we need to add a room for spinning and dying our own yarn. I was in the yarn shop and saw some wonderful alpacca roving in a beautiful natural grey and some fantastic blue bamboo roving. Now I just need a place were I can sit and spin. I also picked up some beautiful beads to go with it. Once I get it spun I can share pictures of my new yarn and beads. What do you think? Can we do it?

Amy didn't you see that I brought a Rumba so no one had to vacume!! All we have to do i empty the container once in a while...:devil

Great! You're in charge of remembering when to empty it. Although if people keep giving Piccolo access to the TP, you may be having to empty it several times a day! :D

Amy we need to add a room for spinning and dying our own yarn. I was in the yarn shop and saw some wonderful alpacca roving in a beautiful natural grey and some fantastic blue bamboo roving. Now I just need a place were I can sit and spin. I also picked up some beautiful beads to go with it. Once I get it spun I can share pictures of my new yarn and beads. What do you think? Can we do it?

Sounds good to me! What should we call it? The Fiber Room? Lots of drop spindles, spinning wheels, roving and batts and all the other words that spinners know a lot better than I do! I'm just a wanna-be-spinner! I'll go make us a room with plenty of area of lots of wheels to spread out. Little wheels, big wheels. Any kind of spinning wheel you want. :hook

Sounds good to me! What should we call it? The Fiber Room? Lots of drop spindles, spinning wheels, roving and batts and all the other words that spinners know a lot better than I do! I'm just a wanna-be-spinner! I'll go make us a room with plenty of area of lots of wheels to spread out. Little wheels, big wheels. Any kind of spinning wheel you want. :hook

Yeah!!! My DH suggested the Spinasium for the name. He spends way to much time at the gym.

Yeah!!! My DH suggested the Spinasium for the name. He spends way to much time at the gym.

Spinasium. Off to change the name.

Okay, here are the two newest areas of the Village Shoppe:

• The Spinasium: Drop spindles, spinning wheels, any kind of fiber you'd ever want to use. Plenty of space to spread out and accommodate as many people as want to spin together.

• Colors of the Deep (dye shop in the basement): When you're ready to dye those wonderful yarns you've just finished spinning, head on down to the basement. You'll find all types of dyes to suit any kind of fiber in all the colors of the rainbow! You'll find sinks in various sizes, and big fans to help dry your dyed yarns so you can use them quicker! The best part is, the floor is cement with a nice drain, and there's a big shower head so you can easily clean up any spills.

I wish improvements around my house could be done as quickly and easily as they are here! :blush

Thank you Amy. I am gonna start spinning in the morning. I will post pictures once I get some of each spun up. I think I will spin a laceweight for the grey alpacca and I think the bamboo wants to be thread for me. We shall see. I will know once I start spiining. It will start to talk to me and let me know what it wants to become. I hope to get some of each spun up by tomorrow night to share pics with you.

I could not resist and just had to go check out the Spinasium. WOW AMY THIS PLACE IS FANTASTIC!!! There is every type and color of fiber you could ever dream up and talk about wheels? You name it Amy stocked it. THANKS AMY!!!!

While wondering the streets of Crochetville I came upon the Village Shoppe and decided to go in...first it's to the Bistro for a big slice of warm apple pie and vanilla ice cream. Them I'm off to the Family Room to settle in with my current WIP. I graphghan for ds for his bday. He loves the NY Yankees so I'm doing him one with that on it. It's my first attempt at using a graph, but after I got the hang of carrying my yarn, it's going ok...just SLOW!!!! :( Now I remember why I got board with my cross-stitch patterns and had about 100 going at the same time!! :laughroll

Well the DH says I am having way too much fun in the Village Shoppe and it's time to come home now. Guess I better go. I hope to have a bit of drop spindle work to show you tomorrow and maybe later in the week I will get to spin on the wheels. I will share my pictures of the progress as I go. See you tomorrow everyone.

Wow Caroyln Welcome its lots of fun here in the village shop glad to see you here too..

And your hubby is a yankee fan and mine is a met fan.... ohhhh boy....

Well dear I will join you from my family room with my slice of pumkin pie and cool whip i've yet to eat and a big glassof milk...

Been busy organizing my yarns from the ville's shop and did some crocheting...

See you all later....

hugs

Archived