The Village Shoppe

Amy

Tammy~ Love the freshly spun yarns. I've thought about learning to spin, but I'm not sure I have the coordination for it.

Dorathy~Beautiful blankie. I really want to try a round ripple. Need to finish a few other projects first.

Morning ladies. Just stopping in for a minute before I head out to run some errands. Will be back later for some Chai & a little hooking.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tammy~ Love the freshly spun yarns. I've thought about learning to spin, but I'm not sure I have the coordination for it.

Dorathy~Beautiful blankie. I really want to try a round ripple. Need to finish a few other projects first.

Morning ladies. Just stopping in for a minute before I head out to run some errands. Will be back later for some Chai & a little hooking.

Trust me if I can do it so can you. I am about the most un coordinated person in the world. I even bash my shoulders or my hands on the doorframes walking in and out of rooms. I have broken my toes more times than I can count and I can do it. I do admit that spining on the wheel is much easier to do than the drop spindle for me but they both take practice. If you saw some of the fist yarns I spun you would die of laughter. It just takes some practice like anything else.

Speaking of bashing shoulders...... I don't think I will be doing much of anything today. I bashed my shoulder on the door frame of the bedroom last night and my arm is really sore today.

Morning all! :D

Here's pics! Finally! :D I still hgave to curl some of Cara's hair, but she's all put together now. :yes

DSCF7752.jpg

Here's Cara and Amity playing with my crocheted dog. :)

DSCF7753.jpg

It's fine dorothy, if you fall asleep, we'll just give you a :kick, and wake you up! :P JK! JK! :lol

Cara and Amity are adorable!

Good evening all. (quickly orders a chai latte & settles into a comfy chair with her scrap ripple) How's everyone?

Good morning CrochetedSass! :D:hi I just checked out your blog! Great job on all your projects! :applause

Thank you. I'm not a great blogger, but I'm enjoying the experience. And it makes keeping track of what I did when easier.:think

Trust me if I can do it so can you. I am about the most un coordinated person in the world. I even bash my shoulders or my hands on the doorframes walking in and out of rooms. I have broken my toes more times than I can count and I can do it. I do admit that spining on the wheel is much easier to do than the drop spindle for me but they both take practice. If you saw some of the fist yarns I spun you would die of laughter. It just takes some practice like anything else.

Speaking of bashing shoulders...... I don't think I will be doing much of anything today. I bashed my shoulder on the door frame of the bedroom last night and my arm is really sore today.

Maybe I'll give it a try. I would be so cool to make your own yarn. Sorry about your shoulder. Hope it feels better soon.:hug

Morning all! :D

Here's pics! Finally! :D I still hgave to curl some of Cara's hair, but she's all put together now. :yes

DSCF7752.jpg

Here's Cara and Amity playing with my crocheted dog. :)

DSCF7753.jpg

It's fine dorothy, if you fall asleep, we'll just give you a :kick, and wake you up! :P JK! JK! :lol

I missed these this morning. Your dolls are to cute.:clap

Hello All! *snacking on chocolate muffin*

I have the first flower done and here is a picture!! It looks like it is pink but it is red. The camera dosen't take true to life pictures... Now I am excited to work on it more so I can see what the entire thing will look like!!:hook

post-19553-135897497815_thumb.jpg

post-19553-135897497821_thumb.jpg

Dorothy the flower is great. I stopped in to the bistro for a cup and then heading home to cook supper before we have no electricity. We are under tornado watches and warnings.

Thank you for the nice comments! I hope that you are ok durring the watches and warnings. :hug

Hi all. I'm curling up with my ripple & a mug of butterpecan coffee. Yummy.

Hello All! *snacking on chocolate muffin*

I have the first flower done and here is a picture!! It looks like it is pink but it is red. The camera dosen't take true to life pictures... Now I am excited to work on it more so I can see what the entire thing will look like!!:hook

[ATTACH]15468[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15469[/ATTACH]

This is just gorgeous Dorothy. I can't wait to see what the whole thing looks like either.:lol

Dorothy the flower is great. I stopped in to the bistro for a cup and then heading home to cook supper before we have no electricity. We are under tornado watches and warnings.

Hope you're okay through all this.:hug

Ok tornados went all around us but missed us. Tyler tx had damage and linden where father in law lives got some damage. Tornados in january is just not right. A good thing was I held my pom tasha and crocheted through it. Got to get crochet time in.

Ok tornados went all around us but missed us. Tyler tx had damage and linden where father in law lives got some damage. Tornados in january is just not right. A good thing was I held my pom tasha and crocheted through it. Got to get crochet time in.

Glad you are ok and hope your father-in-law is ok. Crocheting through bad weather seems to help, that's what I've done through some tropical storms and hurricanes.

Hi, everyone! I'm so glad everyone appears to be enjoying the various areas here in our Village Shoppe. I had a brilliant idea for a new edition the other day, then one of the kids distracted me, and now I can't remember what it was. Oh, well, if it was really a brilliant idea and not just a bit of sleep-deprived insanity, I'm sure I'll remember what it was.

Oh, great, we're almost under a tornado watch. I'm sure we'll be put under one ourselves later this afternoon. There's a bad storm front soon to be coming through. And I need to leave the house at some point this afternoon to go across town to pick up my daughter's flute from the shop. It's a good one-hour round trip. All-State band auditions are next Friday, and she had a couple leaky keys on her professional flute. She hates practicing on her original flute. I really, really don't want to have to make that trip with a threat of bad weather hanging over my head. But I'll be a good mommy and make the sacrifice. Unless there's active weather going on. THen I'm going down to hide in my basement!

Anyway, I apologize for not being here much since I started the thread. At first I had some unanticipated things to deal with right after the thread got started, then I had major activities at church occupying my time. Coordinating the Angel Food Ministries program takes a lot of time!

Now, off to go catch up on posts. :hook

*Grabbed a Mocha Latte from the Bistro and am off to the Family room to see if I can finish the Tunisian Lap Blanket, two rows of edging to do. Whooo hooo.

Dorothysgirls - your flower is awesome!

Countrymom1 - Glad you are okay...is your father in law okay too? Here in Austin we only got a little wind that day. My DH has a new construction project in the works for Tyler. Luckily it is still on paper (no buildings yet)

*settles back in chair with Tunisian blanket on lap and cat on top of it. She is not amused when the blanket has to be turned. :D

*orders a Death by Chocolate piece of cake...

Finished the Tunisian blanket, see thread here. It was a lot of fun to make. Now I have to enjoy this cake and then go clean the house. Stop in later for some more coffee.

I agree with you. Tornados in January are not right, especially here in AZ. We had a heck of a day and night here and now the wind is kicking up againand the skys are getting dark so looks like I am going to get hit again. Ok I did say we could use the rain here but not like this. Look out New Mexico its headed in your direction. Hold on to your roofs. I already lost most of my shingles.

Well since I can't fix my roof until this all blows over I guess I will just head over to the Bistro for an extra large cocoa and a big bowl of chicken and dumpling soup. After that I think I will go to the living room and curl up with a good book and see if I can crochet yet. I hurt my shoulder the other day so I haven't been able to do too much.

Well everyone... Batten down the hatches Dorothy....there's a storm a brewing out there.

Hello all. Hope eveyone is surviving the storms okay. I'm just gonna grab a cuppa Chai & put my ffet up & crohook while the maid finishes up the housework. I just love it when the nieces want to earn a little spending money. :woo

Oh that soup sounds good I want some and the maids yes want one or two of those. By the way tammy my name is tammy too. Trying to get some cleaning done cause I start with a new lady monday. I sit with hospice patients well this is a aunt of my aunt in law. She gets mad easy and a-n-l likes to argue with her and make her madder. She likes me so said I can come sit with her and she doesn't want anyone else over. I had to take a break and get large cup of coffee and slice of triple choc fudge cake. And go to family room and relaxe.

The maid is done so my house looks good & my christmas decorations are finally put away in the attic, & I got to sip tea & crochet the whole time.:yay

Mmmmm...chicken & dumplings. That does sound good. I've been craving soup lately.

Archived