The Village Shoppe

Amy

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stopped by to get a cup of coffee before I head of to work. Finished my gloves and am now using the leftover to make baby booties. These are going much better than the last pair. I really like the gloves, though they aren't so practical for NE OH. MY hubby wants me to make him some - they will work well when he is working on equipment. I need to find a larger pattern, as this one didn't have sizes. It came from the Nov/Dec issue of crochet today.

post-34479-135897502959_thumb.jpg

I posted pics of a pair of booties and a hat that I made recently in the baby and toddler forum, I hope the link works.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=110942

I love the booties! A group at church is in need of them, so I have been trying to make some. Tore out 3 pair, finally finished 2 but they don't look anything alike. Started another pair from the leftovers from my gloves. They are going much better. Who new something so small could be so hard? A least they go quickly!

*Grabs a hot cup of coffee and some shelled roasted sunflower seeds and heads over to a comfy couch.*

I thought I'd show you some of what I've been working on lately.

Here's a diagonal box stitch small child's blanket I made for our shawl/ghan ministry at church:

IMG_3241.jpg

This was made from Vanna's Choice in Sapphire and a dark plum color (don't have the ball band handy).

I'm now working on SmoothFox's round ripple afghan made with Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn. Mainly because that was the only brand that had the colors I wanted.

IMG_3240.jpg

Due to all my job duties running Crochetville-at-large, I think I'd like to pretend-hire some managers for our Village Shoppe.

Job requirements/responsibilities:

• Friendly personality
  • Desire to make new friends
  • Ability to visit the thread frequently
  • Ability to keep discussion going
  • Desire to compliment others on their fabulous work
  • Desire to encourage others in their crochet journey

Anybody interested in working in this wonderful paradise? Send me a PM if you're interested in a managerial position.

Oh, yes, one other thing. Managers will also need to let me know of any problems that may occur, of which hopefully the most pressing will be the need to create a new section to our fabulous shoppe from time to time or that somebody let Piccolo have access to the toilet paper again! :cat I hope we won't have scuffles breaking out over prime spots on these comfy couches! :lol

Wow! The childs ghan is pretty with the purple and blue Amy! and I love the round ripple! :yes:clap

Thanks! The box stitch one was a case of no planning. I bought the first skein of Sapphire for something else, then saw the box stitch afghans and decided to try out that stitch. I used up the skein and went back to the store just a week or two later, but they didn't have the same dye lot. There was just a tiny difference in the colors. So I decided to get a complementary color to make the stripe down the middle and separate the blues just a little bit. Then I decided to outline the whole thing in the purple/plum. It sort of looks like I meant to do it that way. The afghan is actually a sqaure.

Hello, I hope everyone in the snow is staying warm and safe. Our weather is cold here but nothing like what a lot of other people are experiencing. I'm doing a little sewing this morning and plan to curl up in a comfy and good cup of coffee later to work on a baby afghan. What is everyone working on?

Sitting down with my latte and am going to just watch for awhile. After I finished my glove I used leftovers for a pair of booties. Had quite a bit left so I made a bookmark - it's a little large, but I'll make it work. Still had too much left, so I made a baby headband. That was the first time I tried the chainless foundation, it worked pretty well. I didn't think I would ever see the end of that Red Heart and Soul ball! Hope it's okay if I bring my cross stitch info awhile, I need to give my shoulder a rest.

Sitting down with my latte and am going to just watch for awhile. After I finished my glove I used leftovers for a pair of booties. Had quite a bit left so I made a bookmark - it's a little large, but I'll make it work. Still had too much left, so I made a baby headband. That was the first time I tried the chainless foundation, it worked pretty well. I didn't think I would ever see the end of that Red Heart and Soul ball! Hope it's okay if I bring my cross stitch info awhile, I need to give my shoulder a rest.

I would love to see pictures of your projects.

* stopping in for some nice hot cocoa, whilst waiting for the Olympic coverage to resume.

sorry to have been MIA... I was gone to Vegas on vacation with DH. We left last Saturday, and got home on Thursday. Our flight on Wednesday was cancelled for the "blizzard" that never did actually hit Boston! We got home to no snow at all, and a rather balmy 40 degrees!

I sure have missed this shop, and my friends who visit... even that rascal Piccolo!:heehee... has he been behaving?

I am currently working on a flannelghan, a stitch sampler afghan, and that sampler pattern in thread. I also have many other WIPs on my hooks.... I guess I should go "hang" in the family room. :lol

*off to find a nice arm chair that is not TOO comfy, as I could just doze off in it! :devil

* stopping in for some nice hot cocoa, whilst waiting for the Olympic coverage to resume.

sorry to have been MIA... I was gone to Vegas on vacation with DH. We left last Saturday, and got home on Thursday. Our flight on Wednesday was cancelled for the "blizzard" that never did actually hit Boston! We got home to no snow at all, and a rather balmy 40 degrees!

I sure have missed this shop, and my friends who visit... even that rascal Piccolo!:heehee... has he been behaving?

I am currently working on a flannelghan, a stitch sampler afghan, and that sampler pattern in thread. I also have many other WIPs on my hooks.... I guess I should go "hang" in the family room. :lol

*off to find a nice arm chair that is not TOO comfy, as I could just doze off in it! :devil

Glad you're back safe and sound. Hope your vacation was great.

Today was or still is a lazy day. My 2 boys went to bushcut my sisters yard. They're still not home yet. My dh and I went to the Navy base went to the beach. My dh swam but I didn't. I just walked in the water up to my knees. That was a good workout. Then we went to the McDonald's on base and got chocolate milkshakes. Now we're home and I'm washing cloths for the coming week for work. So I'm on the computer while I'm waiting for the washer. Later I'll watch tv and crochet. :crocheting:)

Maybe not. After washing maybe 2 loads I'll prabably go early to bed. I work in the morning and I leave the house early.

That sounds like a nice day, Pat!

will you watch the Olympics?

Archived