The Village Shoppe

Amy

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work on Andersen AFB in the BX as a General Secretary in the office. I've never had a job like this and I really like it. Almost everyday I'm learning something new. Plus, I like the other associates and the bosses are nice. My desk is right next to the door so everyone passes me. I have a little dish on my desk that when I'm able to, I put candy in it. Almost everyone who passes my desk takes some. But when I'm out everyone asks where's the candy? I tell them wait untill I can get some. All of us who works at the desk spoils everyone. :yes:)

what do you do?

Pat, It's great that you like your job so much makes the day so much nicer when your happy and improves other people's attitudes too I think.

I'm heading out to church but I'm sure I'll be stopping by later to enjoy a cuppa something good and do a little stitching.

Stopping by to grab a nice bold cup of coffee to start the day and then heading over to ACM to take advantage of some nice yarn sales!! Then I'll probably be back later to crochet for a bit in the lounge- and watch some Olympics!!!

Back from ACM- got lots of yarn to keep me busy- enough Caron Pounders to keep me hooking for a while! Now to grab another cup of coffee and head on over to a comfy chair to crochet a while

Have a great day everyone!

I worked today. Just 4 hours. I'm only Intermittent so I work hollidays. The other girl who works with me is temporary so we both worked today. I worked 10-2, she worked 2-6. I don't mind. I get holliday pay. :D When I got home I cooked chucken curry with alot of vegetables. It was good. :yes I've got to stop being lazy and work on the baby blanket. I'll probably work on it tomorrow at work. I'll be waiting for my dh to get off so I'll sit in BK and work on it while I'm waiting. I'll be getting off at 2 and he gets off at 4:30. Going to avoid the big, comfy chairs and go to bed early tonite. :)

Stopped in for my morning coffee and about an hour of crocheting in a comfy chair. Have the Snowflakes throw almost done, would love to surprise the Craft Ladies with it completed on tuesday but not sure if I will have time.

:mug:cat:yarn

P.S. Amy your blankets are really pretty.

Think I'll find a nice fruit cup for breakfast and check my email and then start some stitching. I got a little more done on the baby afghan last night since I was able to stay up later than usual (no work today) and watched the skaters at the Olympics.

You know, I think I'll treat myself to come hot cocoa with lots of whipped cream today! Thanks for asking for pictures - I'll will take and post later. I'm glad we have such a large window in the shop so we can watch everyone having fun sledding (while staying warm inside!) Still resting my crochet muscles, so I brought my photos and empty albums. I am almost finished putting the two years worth into albums. Love to see a finished project, no matter what it is!

There's people sledding outside? My window shows me the ocean outside, small boats of people swimming or fishing. Just a little while ago I watched the beautiful sunset. Now I'm watching "The secreat live of the American teenager". After that I'll watch "Make it or Break it". Then I'll go to bed. :lol

***stopping in for a nice hot cup of peppermint tea... I just finished my chores, and am so ready to find a comfy chair and work on a WIP...

Oh, did I mention that it is snowing here today?:flake:flake

Pat, I must say, I wish I could come and visit you! Your climate sounds so much more appealing today:lol

ok, well... off to grab that :chook, before all the comfy chairs are taken up:D

...see you all in a bit!

Oh, I have been looking forward to this Chai Tea all day - its been a busy one. Here are my baby booties and head band and the bookmark. I now they really aren't baby colors, but I was using leftover yarn.

C4J - what is a bearded dragon?

post-34479-135897505205_thumb.jpg

:waving, C4J!

nice to see you! how have you been? Did your grandma love her presents?

....so, brother got a bearded dragon? pretty cool:)

:hi! I have been fine. :) Yes, Grammy loved her potholder. Though she did not use it, but set it on her buffet table.....:think:lol

Yep, Little Bro #1 Get a Beardy from some friends.:)

Those are so cute gshall!! :D

Here's a Bearded Dragon: bearded-dragon-02.jpg:D

Our new one is prettier with red and orange. Not just tan and brown. :)

Wow. My son Carl tried to have a lizard when he was in college, but didn't work out so well. I don't think it liked be transported back and forth. I've always been more of a dog person.

I haven't been around much lately.... I got a job and I have been trying to get this quilt I have been working on done! I have been a busy lady. So I am going to show you my latest quilt and then I am going to go to bed. I have to be up at 5 in the morning for work..

post-19553-135897505813_thumb.jpg

post-19553-135897505818_thumb.jpg

I love your quilt! I have made a small wall hanging - 1st try ever. Would like to try to make more, but can't seem to find the time. It's that old having to work thing!!

Archived