The Village Shoppe

Amy

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dorothy - I'll be watching for those picks. I'm always curious how people organize their craft rooms. I finally aquired one three years ago when my last child moved out and have been slowly making it the way I want it. I brought my "bunny blanket" with me to finish up. Just have one more ear to make and then sew the head closed and the ears on. Then I need to felt it. I've never done that before, so am curious to see how it works out. If I had realized before how easy it seems, I might have tried felting sooner!

Gini, I will be sure to post pictures. I have to go to work for about 3 hours today. So I will get back to work on it when I get home. I am completely re doing it so it may take some We are even pulling all the yarn and stuff off shevles and rearanging the furniture as well. I have tomrrow off from work so mabye I can get it finished by then....

Gini ypur blanket sounds interesting, please share pics when you finish it. I'm not getting much done today. My dauhghter had a baby boy yesterday and I'm caring for the big sister who is not feeling well today.

Gini ypur blanket sounds interesting, please share pics when you finish it. I'm not getting much done today. My dauhghter had a baby boy yesterday and I'm caring for the big sister who is not feeling well today.

Congratulations to your daughter!! :clap

I hope big sister gets to feeling better soon, so she can love on her new sissy.

Hi again ya'll

I just realized I never got back to you, with the photos of the drapes I was making when my parents were here.(feb 27 post) I posted them in my picasa file here. The neat thing about this job is I just heard today that the client loved the drapes. What makes that special is this client has never made (via email) a comment about any of the other work done in this house or the one before it.

Okay, I know I am in Texas, but I just killed a mosquito... :eek it is going to be a long summer.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

I was supposed to get out of work around noon today but my boss called and needed me to go to another place. So I did not get to work in the craft room at all today. I have only been home from work for about a hour. Mabye tomrrow....

Carrie love the drapes. I just can't get into sewing, though I've tried to start a few things more recently.

Cshort - congrats on the baby! What's his name? I'l bet you made all kinds of cute stuff. I beginning to think I'll never have any grandbabies. My boys are 29 and 26 and neither one is even dating (at least not that they've shared with mom!) Usually it doesn't bother me, but once in awhile I think it would be kinda cool!

Here is my Bunny Blanket. It turned out much smaller than I thought it would - even though the comments on the Lion Brand website said the very same thing! I put the booties in the pic to give perspective. I will definately make it again, but add a few rows. It is very soft, which surprised me as it is made from wool. All in all, I like it.

Here is link for the patternhttp://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/81028AD.html?noImages=

post-34479-135897511712_thumb.jpg

post-34479-135897511715_thumb.jpg

cshort he is beautiful! I love babies!!!

Gini, your bunny blanket is so cute.

I still don;t have the craft room done and I don't have another day off till Saturday. I have piles of yarn evey where!!

Thanks everyone, we think he's a keeper and his big sister couldn't be more excited.

I'm almost finished with the afghan, weaving the ends in now. Then I need to make some booties for my little guy.

Stopping by for a cup of coffee before I clean the bathroom. A friend from church gave me some of her leftover yarn so I can continue to make booties for the pregnancy center. Finished another pair last night. The more you do, the better you get! I'm going to have to put my hook down for awhile though. When I concentrate too much on crochet, my shoulder gets really sore. It's like the in the motion, I am pinching of nerve. Anyone else have that problem? I am also on a computer all day at work, which I think contributes to the problem. So, I will work on my cross stich for about a week before starting my next project. Haven't decided which to do yet, I have enough yarn to make myself a sweater or to start an afghan I want to enter into the Portage County Fair in August. I've never made a sweater before, so I'm thinking I should delve into that, but, I want to be sure I get the afghan done in time, too. It'll be done in squares, so I'll have to sew them all together, too

I think I am going to run away!!!! I still don't have my craft room finished! My boss keeps calling me into work. I have to work 10pm tonight to 8 am tomrrow! So Taylor and I are trying very hard to get this done today but at some point I am going to have to go to sleep. She is so proud of herself! My hubby love spaghitti with meat balls and she made them by herself today. So Of course she had to run out to the garage and take him a sample!! He said they were realy good! Now she is floating on cloud nine!!!

Finally I had enought time to finish my craft room!! Sorry It took so long to get pics up but I just now got it done a few min ago! Every time I started to work on it I would get called into work! Now mabye I can get back to working on a project!!

post-19553-135897515004_thumb.jpg

post-19553-135897515011_thumb.jpg

post-19553-135897515014_thumb.jpg

post-19553-135897515017_thumb.jpg

I'm jealous. Right now that much yarn is only in my dreams. :( your room looks good. :) Wish I had one. Enjoy. :):yes

Finally I had enought time to finish my craft room!! Sorry It took so long to get pics up but I just now got it done a few min ago! Every time I started to work on it I would get called into work! Now mabye I can get back to working on a project!!

[ATTACH]18256[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18257[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18258[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18259[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived