The Village Shoppe

Amy

Good job! :cheerI'm impressed. I don't think I could stay on my feet anymore

Thanks! :D When I hear people say that, I think: "How can that be???!!:think":lol

I think it is so easy, but I guess it is not for other people...:D

My favorite think to do is a spiral and side toe hop. :) Though, I REALLY need to work on my spiral, and getting my leg higher. I can get it parallel to the ice, wich is what I needed to pass level 5 and 6, but..........:)

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Stopped in for a quick coffee while supper is on the stove.

C4J your Heart spin is really neat!!!! The last time I was on skates I caught my toe pick in a crack in the ice. Landed on the back point of the blade in my bum :eek.

Got the Calendar-ghan finished and pictures taken. I updated my original thread but here is a picture too.

post-22215-135897501558_thumb.jpg

Better go check on my swiss steak, it is smelling good.

The internet cafe is great.added to my patterns and with the high speed connection it was quick! Loved the sandwich and smoothy too. Portabello musrooms grilled with gargonzola cheese and fresh greens on a nice chewy roll...excellent! The fruit in the smoothy definely made me feel like summer was here already. Now off to put in a request for a workout room with crochet videos.

Carrie your afghan is beautiful- I absolutely love the color! C4J- that is really neat how you made the heart in the ice!

Stopping by to sit in a comfy chair and work some more on my never-ending square afghan while enjoying a cup of yummy coffee!

Okay, now I'm stopping by for a minute. I've only had the chance to pop in :lurk and then I have to hurry away. It's something called life that keeps getting in the way. And now it's something called "work" that is calling me now. But at least I'll be doing a little :crocheting hooking before then. Right now I'm working on a 5-sided white christening blanket that I hope I can get done in time before the christening. Which hasen't been planned yet. That's why I hope I have time. And I want to make another baby blanket. The colors will be blue and white. It's for my nieces baby son, the same one I'm making the christening blanket for. I can't make up my mind between a :think Jacobs ladder, flannelghan, round ripple, star, or grannyghan. Any ideas anyone? :confused

C4J your Heart spin is really neat!!!! The last time I was on skates I caught my toe pick in a crack in the ice. Landed on the back point of the blade in my bum .

Thanks! OUCH! Now THAT would really hurt! :( I have landed on my bottom, but never with the blade poking me!

Thanks! :D When I hear people say that, I think: "How can that be???!!:think":lol

I think it is so easy, but I guess it is not for other people...:D

My favorite think to do is a spiral and side toe hop. :) Though, I REALLY need to work on my spiral, and getting my leg higher. I can get it parallel to the ice, wich is what I needed to pass level 5 and 6, but..........:)

I went ice skating once spent most of the time on my rear left cold and oh so wet LOL

*Stopped in for a quick coffee while supper is on the stove.

C4J your Heart spin is really neat!!!! The last time I was on skates I caught my toe pick in a crack in the ice. Landed on the back point of the blade in my bum :eek.

Got the Calendar-ghan finished and pictures taken. I updated my original thread but here is a picture too.

[ATTACH]16046[/ATTACH]

Better go check on my swiss steak, it is smelling good.

Carrie, I love that calendar 'ghan! could you share the source of the pattern? ...and the color you used is divine:c9 It looks like a teal heather?

Carrie, I love that calendar 'ghan! could you share the source of the pattern? ...and the color you used is divine:c9 It looks like a teal heather?

Thank You... Let me look that up it is on April Moreland's blog.

I to, love the color, I may have to bid on it at the Craft Fair just to get it back. :lol

The yarn was donated to the Craft Group by someone in our church, we don't know who because they didn't put their name on the bag. I was doing some research on the yarn and didn't have any luck trying to figure out how old it is. The label says "Red Heart Wintuk sport yarn 2 ply ". Wintuk is now made by Caron and they don't have any heather-like colors nor do they have sport weight. The color is Blue Stone, but I think Teal heather is closer to the actual color. We also have a skein of Red Heart called Windsor Blue that is very close to the same color but is a 4ply and not heathery (if that is a word). This also is old as it is only a 3.5 oz skein and is price at $1.29 from a store called Robinsons.

Does all this information jog any memories? I would love to figure out how old the yarn is?

Carrie, your afghan is beautiful.

I don't do much ice skating either these days as I end up sitting on the ice a lot. But I do enjoy roller skating.

Haven't been around much, it's been a very busy week with having missions conference at church this week and I started an online class last week for work.

Hopefully I'll get to spend some time visiting the shoppe this weekend.

We learned about arachnids yesterday for school....*shivers* My scalp was prickling the WHOLE time! NO JOKE! And then I looked down at my book, and there was this little spider crawling there. That TOTALLY freaked me out! Shane squished and now I have remains of spider smeared on my lapbook....

I haven't finished my overalls yet, as my eyes get blurry and I have to rest every row or two..

Thank You... Let me look that up it is on April Moreland's blog.

I to, love the color, I may have to bid on it at the Craft Fair just to get it back. :lol

The yarn was donated to the Craft Group by someone in our church, we don't know who because they didn't put their name on the bag. I was doing some research on the yarn and didn't have any luck trying to figure out how old it is. The label says "Red Heart Wintuk sport yarn 2 ply ". Wintuk is now made by Caron and they don't have any heather-like colors nor do they have sport weight. The color is Blue Stone, but I think Teal heather is closer to the actual color. We also have a skein of Red Heart called Windsor Blue that is very close to the same color but is a 4ply and not heathery (if that is a word). This also is old as it is only a 3.5 oz skein and is price at $1.29 from a store called Robinsons.

Does all this information jog any memories? I would love to figure out how old the yarn is?

I remember my Mom buying Red Heart Wintuk, and she's been gone over 20 years - of course, they could have still been making it after that time. I had a project that used the Windsor Blue just a couple of years ago.

@cshort - I hope to. If we get that snow they are talking about, I'll have an excuse not to leave the house! I'm hoping to finally finish the fingerless gloves I have been working on.

Stops in for a cup of hot chocolate. It's :2snow here. :):wbrr

:hi cshort! I'll be here all weekend....I think. :) Depending on what my family does...

I'm almost done with the overalls for my FSD, but I still have to do the legs...:)

I'm almost done wit Les Miserables as well. :) It's pretty good. Kinda hard to follow though.

Stopped by for a morning cuppa. Well, C4J, we certainly got the snow! Did you read Les Miz for school? I've never tried that. BTW, I tend to get confused w/all the initials - I'm not a "texter" What does FSD stand for? I have to get my house work done this am, but since there is at least 1/2 a foot of snow, if not more, out there, think I will put off the grocery shopping until tomorrow after church. That means, I can hang out here this afternoon and finished those gloves and start a new project. I'll let you know which one I decide on when I come back!

Morning all- it is snowing like crazy here! A real winter wonderland- stopping in for a cup of nice hot bold coffee and then will venture out to shovel before it is unmanageable. Then back in to sit in a nice comfy chair and work on my afghan!

Enjoy the day everyone- stay warm!

Good Morning. I hope all of you are staying safe and warm. I'd tell you what our weather is but you might bombard me with snowballs:lookout I'm doing some stitching this morning until I have to leave for a church picnic (might get to work on it some at the picnic too) then a quick stop at the dollar store and more stitching. Hope everyone has a great stitching day.

Good Morning. I hope all of you are staying safe and warm. I'd tell you what our weather is but you might bombard me with snowballs:lookout I'm doing some stitching this morning until I have to leave for a church picnic (might get to work on it some at the picnic too) then a quick stop at the dollar store and more stitching. Hope everyone has a great stitching day.

Hard to imagine a picnic where I'm sitting:lol Here's what I'm looking at :snow:flake:2snow Snowmageddon!

Have a great day- hope everyone who is in the middle of this snowstorm stays warm and safe!:hug

Hard to imagine a picnic where I'm sitting:lol Here's what I'm looking at :snow:flake:2snow Snowmageddon!

Have a great day- hope everyone who is in the middle of this snowstorm stays warm and safe!:hug

I was just thinking the same thing when I read about the picnic.:lol

Stopped by for a morning cuppa. Well, C4J, we certainly got the snow! Did you read Les Miz for school? I've never tried that. BTW, I tend to get confused w/all the initials - I'm not a "texter" What does FSD stand for?

My mom picked it up at a thrift store, so I picked it up and started reading it. :P I had heard about it, but never new what it was about.:think:) It is pretty good so far. :)

:lol I am not a texter either,:) It means Free Spirit Doll.:)

So nice to wander in here, shed the coat, gloves and hat. I see the tropical trees from the window with the sun beams covering the ground with warmth. We need a changing room to get to our shorts and flip flops.

Snow piled up so high that the dog is desperate and can't find her way. I shoveled a path on the porch and did the steps. She got to the bottom and ran right back in the house so if you all don't mind, can she come in here too? I have 2 little kittens that we recued in July lying on me to keep warm. For some reason the heat is not working. Guess the oil lines froze. DH is snug in his bed and has not a clue that we are freezing. Thank goodness for electric heaters. The laptop is keeping my legs warm too! Sure hope we don't lose our electric cause these batteries won't last forever.

You all don't know how nice it was to come in here, get some coffee and donuts and just relax and listen to you all chat. Loved the pics and the patterns. SS Amy about the TP problem but I may need you to put the scraps in a box and mail them to me, haha!

You all have a wonderful day here relaxing and crafting and since I have been working so hard lately, I just may join you all and work on some of those projects that I just haven't had time to work on.

*enjoying a cup of coffee and a warm cat on my lap, in the Family rm.

Hope everyone in snow country is doing well and are staying warm. Out of sympathy for you all I am working on my Snowflakes Throw. About half way done. What could be better, I have my Pandora set to Stevie Ray Vaughn and am just speeding along on the afghan.... :lol

Archived