The Village Shoppe

Amy

Thank you all for the nice comments! I told hubby last night that after I get the diaper bag and the quilt that I had to do for people that I was done making things for others (except charity) untill I get one of my blankets done. I have the red, black and white bedsperad out of thread, and a CRW going and I have been collecting black and white print fabrics for a postage stamp quilt. I am re doing my bedroom in red black and white. If you couldn't tell! I am about half way throught with the diaper bag then I am going to get back to work on my stuff!! I can't wait to get one of them done.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

* stopping in for a nice cup of coffee, on her way to relax in the family room... It's a nice sunny Saturday, the Olympics are on tv, and my chores are done... Does life get any better?? :wink

so, how is everyone? It's been so quiet here... even Piccolo has been quiet!:heehee

I hope this post finds everyone well, and that you are having a wonderful day! :waving

I had a meeting this morning that lasted way to long. By the time I got grocery shopping done, it had seriously bit into my relaxing with a cup of tea and crochet time. It was a beautiful day here though and I didn get to enjoy some of the Olympics

:hi all! My little bros have friends over, and I just finished math........We saw the Ice Dancing at our friends house last night. I REALLY liked the Canadians routine the best! Then the one bro sis team that did the one country song......I forget where they were from. :( They were good. :)

I'm still working on my CGoAG project..:)

Thought I'd stop by to see who was here. I have a meeting tonight and Bible Study thursday night, so don't know if I will get much crocheting done this week. I'm just working on a simple ripple baby afghan. I didn't even change the colors from the pattern, so I feel as if there is no "creativity" in it, but I know the parents will like it. I have several baby afghans I need to get done before spring, so I decided creativity had to take a back seat to volume.

Hello, just stopping by for a cuppa something delicious on my way to start a busy day. I'll be joining some of my coworkers after school today to do some stitching. Have a great day ladies. Has anyone seen Piccolo lately?

*Someone make me a super strong cup a coffee quick!!! Oh what do we have that has lots of sugar too.. LOL Going to the Family room to have a sit for a while.

It's been kind of busy around my home this week. My parents were here for a visit, which means I also had a ton of work unloaded on me :( I got the work done but it ment I didn't get any sleep wednesday to thursday. But then I didn't have to get up early to take my parents to the airport thursday... I was already up :rofl

I was finally able to finish the Snowflakes Throw last sunday. It is really pretty. I will be posting a picture in the Afghan show and tell later. Had a request to write up my instructions for the border I created for the calendar-ghan so I made up a sample to test/rewrite my instructions on, got that finished today. Will post the instructions in the Original pattern section later too.

Oh did I mention that the whole time my parents were here this past week I was working on DECAF coffee :eek:faint I REALLY need my leaded coffee!

Okay Green Tea works a little too. :D Well DH now wants to go to diner, so much for my rest up!

See you all later.... Keep the coffee on. :lol

I think I'll just sit for a moment before I clean up from dinner. Hi Carrie, I know you need the rest, but it's nice you don't have to cook dinnger tonight! I hope with all the activity, you got to enjoy your folks visit. Did they come from very far?

Hi back at ya Gini. Yes I did get to have a good visit with my parents. They live in Vermont but were down in the valley (McAllen, TX) with a church mission trip. They came here before going back to VT. I got to treat them to an 80 degree day on sunday then a rare snow fall on tuesday. Ya got to just love Texas weather. They were able to get back home between the bad weather in the northeast.

Oh, DH knows better than thinking anything else but going out on saturday. :D That is unless he's cooking!

Now to check up on email and post those pictures I was talking about. I will come back in a bit and post some links.

Here is the post for the Snowflake Throw

Here is the post for the V Stitch Border

Carrie, the snowflake throw is beautiful!

I'm off to start my busy Sunday with church and teaching Sunday school then back to church tonight to teach my small group of teens how to sew pajama pants. Maybe I'll relax in the family room and stitch a bit in between church trips.

Have a great day everyone.

Carrie- your snowflake ghan is beautiful- That is the only kind of snowflake I like to see-!! Hurt my back shoveling the snow we got here Thurs/Fri so have spent my weekend in a chair with a heating pad- thank goodness, there is nice hot coffee in the cafe and the chair is comfy. Now, if only there was a massaging chair somewhere here in the family room--let me go look around.:lol

Have a nice relaxing Sunday- I'll be turning the tv on at 3 EST to watch the hockey game! Go USA:cheer

Carrie - I love the afghan and the border. Thanks for sharing and showing us. I finished a baby afghan last night, now to use the leftovers for booties. I'm not a hockey fan, but watched the game, too. It was pretty exicting, but not the same as the one 30 years ago. Not sure anyone under 30 can appreciate the difference. That one was like a good college team playing a professional team. Today it's more like an NHL all-star game.

I sure remember that game- the Miracle on Ice. My oldest DD has the video of it and we had just watched it when I was visiting her in Boston in January!

Hope everyone is doing well- I've been nursing a sore back that was a result of shoveling the too much snow we got on Friday. Finally feeling somewhat better and I'm going to hang out in the family room and pick up the :hook and :yarn

I've been really busy at work this work this week, which is a good thing. I work in a real estate office and it's been scary the past couple years. Hope we stay busy all summer. Started another pair of booties last night and finished one. It doesn't look too bad, but it's been so long since I've been around a baby I have no idea if it is too small, just right or too big. I know the ladies at the pregnancy center will say they are wonderful no matter what they look like, though! Believe it or not, some of my bulbs have sprouted! I guess it was pretty warm under all that snow!

Gini, I'm sure the baby booties are perfect for those little feet.

Joanne, I hope your back is feeling better.

I've been a little busy this week too but I've managed to do a little stitching on lunch break each day and I have a small group of coworkers I crochet with after work on Thursdays so I'll get to do a little extra today.

After getting my housework and grocery shopping done, I spent the afternoon sewing on missing buttons. Not as much fun as crocheting, but satisfying once it's done. It got me to thinking. Do many people even bother with buttons anymore? Two of the articles of clothing I did were pj tops and I thinking alot of people would just have gotten new ones.

I have been so busy with the new job that I have not had much time to do any thing... I have the day off today and would love to sit and crochet but, I can't even find the couch in my craft room so I need to clean in here before I can do any thing. If I disapear it means that all the yarn as kidnaped me because it is lonely...

Dorothy, should we send a search and rescue team or just wait til you crochet your way out of captivity.:haha

I might need a search and rescue team. If I ever get it done I will take a pics and post them. At this point I am loosing the battle...

Hi everyone- my back is feeling much better- just a few tweaky aches every now and then. Dorothy- good to hear from you- and good luck with the cleaning- and hoping you get to sit a spell and pick up the yarn and hook

I just dropped by to have a nice cup of coffee after a long day of work- I plan on spending the evening crocheting and/or reading.

Archived