The Village Shoppe

Amy

Welcome one, welcome all!

Welcome to the Village Shoppe located on the beautiful Fantasy Island! Lush tropical foliage, weather that is always just right for whatever you want to do, our fabulous Village Shoppe to meet your every crochet and crafting need, and a fabulous sandy beach with crystal blue water when you need a relaxing break!

Hang out with old friends; meet some new friends. Work on your current project; get inspired to start a new project; get inspired to finally finish one of your old works-in-progress.

Let's take a tour of the Village Shoppe:

• The Fiber Shoppe: All the yarn and thread you'd ever want and all the supplies you'll ever need! Every fiber, every color, every weight, all at fabulously affordable prices. Feel free to pet the yarn at all times. Just make sure you've washed your hands after visiting.......

• The Spinasium: Drop spindles, spinning wheels, any kind of fiber you'd ever want to use. Plenty of space to spread out and accommodate as many people as want to spin together.

• Colors of the Deep (dye shop in the basement): When you're ready to dye those wonderful yarns you've just finished spinning, head on down to the basement. You'll find all types of dyes to suit any kind of fiber in all the colors of the rainbow! You'll find sinks in various sizes, and big fans to help dry your dyed yarns so you can use them quicker! The best part is, the floor is cement with a nice drain, and there's a big shower head so you can easily clean up any spills.

• The Bistro: Coffee, tea, pastries, treats, your favorite deli comfort foods. When you need a little energy boost, pop in here. When relaxing is what you need, move on over to......

• The Family Room: Filled with comfy, cozy chairs and couches, complete with cupholders and trays to hold your treats from the Bistro. Have a seat and stay a spell. Catch up with your old friends and meet some new ones.

• The Library: When you've been inspired by everything your friends are making, head over to the library, with the most extensive collection of patterns, magazines, and books you've ever seen. Find what you need and bring it on back to the Family Room.

• The Internet Cafe: Full of computers and printers with high-speed internet connection. Check your favorite websites anytime you like.

• The Bead Shoppe: Need some beads to add the perfect embellishment to your project? Want to branch out and learn bead-weaving or jewelry-making? This area of our shoppe has everything you need.

• Room for Expansion: Need something else that the Village Shoppe doesn't carry yet? Put in a request, and an area just for you will be created.

Special Activities:

This is the part where I need your help. What fun activities would you like to place in the Village Shoppe? I'm sure you can all think of something! Ideas will be added as we decide to adopt them.

Village Shoppe Mascot:

Meet Piccolo, our adorable mascot. She's a sweet little kitten who thinks she's a dog--she loves to play fetch with ponytail holders. She'll curl up in your lap and purr loud or soft when you need some love. She's learned to leave the yarn alone, as long as you play fetch with her every now and again. But she does like to rip apart toilet paper, so be sure to leave the bathroom door closed! She'll meet the needs of our cat- and dog-lovers alike. To top it all off, since this is a virtual shoppe, she's definitely allergy-free!

piccolo2.jpeg

Please take some time to get familiar with the Village Shoppe, then come on over and join the group!

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

--grabbing my caramel macchiato from the bar at the Bistro, and heading into the Family Room to curl up in a cozy chair, pulling out my current design project which I'm making from Caron Naturally Country in Spruce. I can't show the whole design, but I may be able to give a sneak peek of the stitch pattern later. It'll have to be tomorrow, though, because the lighting situation is not good right now.

What I'm designing is still a secret. What's it's for is partially a secret, but I can see it's for a pattern booklet of some kind that will have contributions from about five or six others. The public announcement about the booklet will be made sometime this summer. I hate to be a tease, but I've been sworn to secrecy regarding specifics. :D

Got to go check on when my daughter is expecting me to drive her over to a church lock-in tonight. Not sure yet if she's going straight to the lock-in or if I have to deposit her at her best friend's house first, with the friend's mom eventually taking them to the lock-in.

Then it's back home to make tacos for dinner.

*heads for the bistro but Thinks she hears someone (or something calling her from the fiber shop).. Aww them cute lil skanes are callin me (promiss's self to just look) I realy need a Moca ice latte: :)

MY whip is.. ATW afghan, And Learning how tomake Graphghans :)

How fun!

*pulls a wagon into the village square, full of toilet paper* here kitty kitty!!

I am working on making a golf club cover pattern, so I can make some gifts with it. I couldn't find one that was just exactly what I wanted, so hopefully this isn't going to be too difficult. So far so good yay

Plus working on Sampler Afghan 6401 (I'm still on the 3rd square), feeling much better lately so I can get back to it again tomorrow.

*settles down at a desk in the family room to write letters* Have some introductory penpal letters to write and mail this week, hoping they crochet too! Then I'll crochet if my hand isn't cramped hehe!

How fun!

*pulls a wagon into the village square, full of toilet paper* here kitty kitty!!

You're cleaning up the mess she's going to make. I'm not going to touch it! You'll be cleaning for the next 10 years, as this is what she can do with just one toilet paper roll:

IMG_3227.jpg

just outside the bathroom door, also knocking stuffed animals off their stand

IMG_3228.jpg

in the dining room, next to a rolling craft cart

IMG_3229.jpg

in the kitchen floor, with the dead toilet paper roll, with dirt she also knocked out of my ivy plant

haha! I don't know what else to say cause I'm laughing so hard :)

We'll see if you're still laughing when you're cleaning up all the toilet paper from your wagon. Sure you don't want to go park it somewhere else? :D

*Runs back to the Bistro to get napkins to clean up spilled coffee, caused by laughter at the "artful" display of shreading. Wonderful job! I will remember to close the bathroom door, one display is enough for a while.

Settling down to finish a test pattern. My these chairs are comfy.

:mug:cat:yarn

Moomooo is beside herself moooooooooooooooing so hard that Foxie is barking and moomooo like to say what has gotten into you ???

Moomooo is cold so she is going to the bristol shop and get a nice hot hazelnut latte to warm her bones.

Then after moooing thru a box of yarn she has spotted in the shop that was delivered today to see what she will be creating next, she will mooooove on over to the living room and cuddle next to the heater and mooooove her fingers thru the yarns and start to crochet on Elle's shawl ....

So in the meantime moomooo is sure glad she is not the one to have to clean up after the kitty that loves to play with TP.. Kitty would have a treat in moomoo's bathroom as i just got together a TP holder stand.....

Amy maybe you ought to pm me your address and I will send kitty a kitty bed and toy with catnip maybe that will distract her from TP...

Off I go for now..... You all have a Mooooovelous evening...

The bad part about kitty's mess: 16yo dd was home when it happened. Didn't clean it up. DH and 14yo ds came home from Scouts and didn't clean it up. Claimed they left it for me because it was so funny they wanted me to see it. Yeah, they just wanted me to clean up all the bits and pieces and toilet paper lint. :angry

So in the meantime moomooo is sure glad she is not the one to have to clean up after the kitty that loves to play with TP.. Kitty would have a treat in moomoo's bathroom as i just got together a TP holder stand.....

Amy maybe you ought to pm me your address and I will send kitty a kitty bed and toy with catnip maybe that will distract her from TP...

Moomooo, what a wonderful introductory post! Thanks so much for the offer of kitty supplies, but little kitten already has a huge supply of them and a cat bed that never gets used as she prefers to sleep with people. She even has two older cats whom she makes sure get a good workout each day---gotta keep up their cardiovascular activity, you know! :lol

She's just got a strange paper fixation. I even caught her trying to rip up one of the kids' homework on notebook paper one night. They've since learned to keep their homework put away. I wonder if the teacher would believe a note signed by a parent, "My cat ate my homework!"

Dragging out the vacuum to do a little bit of clean-up around here, and keep the Shoppe nice and clean for everyone. Pardon the noise, it will take only a couple minutes. (I sure wish they'd invent a silent, unnoticeable vacuum!)

Last night, we had several different people try to disrupt this thread. If further attempts to disrupt this thread or this forum continue (via any Crochetville service: post, PM, or email to another member), all involved will have their posting privileges or forum access permanently removed.

Anyone who wants to participate in this thread in a manner consistent with our forum guidelines is very welcome to do so. Everyone is welcome here.

Okay, all Piccolo's toys have been picked up and put back in their storage box. It's amazing how quickly she can spread them all over the floor. Uh-oh, here she comes with a ponytail holder. Anybody awake enough to play fetch roughly 40-50 times? That's how long it takes for her to get tired out. (I'll see if we can take a video of her doing this sometime. She leaps up high in the air, tries to catch the ponytail holder in her mouth, then falls down to the floor. She's successful about half the time at least!)

Me, I'm heading over to the Bistro for a mega-cup of coffee. At this point, I think I need a BOWL of coffee, like I had at CGOA's Chain Link conference last year when a bunch of us went to a place called The Spot for breakfast.

Now that I've cleaned up all our Mascot's scattered toys, it looks like there's plenty of room for special interest groups to gather. If some want to explore learning to knit, learning to bead (I've been thinking of dragging out my seed beads and weaving something), learning to spin (I also want time to play with drop spindle), feel free to grab a group of friends and get started. We have all source of resource materials available to you in the Library.

I love Jennifer Hansen's skirt and dress patterns. Someday I'm going to make that hairpin lace bustle skirt pattern.

Wow! I don't think I would ever attempt clothes for myself, or other people. :D

Those are soo pretty though!

*Heads to the Bistro for a snack before posting pics of Doll*

You should see Jennifer wearing those clothes in person! She makes them all look absolutely fabulous. Although she's tall, lean, toned, in excellent shape. Just about anything would look good on her.

I'm definitely not tall (or toned either), so I'm not sure the bustle skirt will have the same effect if I wear it, unless I wear insanely high stiletto heels!

She's so cute! Okay, I don't think I've had enough coffee yet. What does FSD stand for?

Is she your own design, or are there patterns available somewhere?

I just had a really cute idea about how we could use these at the upcoming crochet retreat in August. I think it's cute anyway; others might think it's just stupid or ridiculous! :lol

Archived