The Village Shoppe

Amy

I don't know if I'm supposed to post this but this place is great. I'm not working right now and being able to talk to people who understand our craft Is so nice. You can get ideas, help and conversation. What could be better.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself here in the Village Shoppe. Positive comments are always welcome! I hope you continue to enjoy things in here and throughout all of Crochetville. :c9

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well,maybe I was wrong. I don't know if this is the proper place for me after all. I've read some posts in here that makes me wonder what kind of people are running it. This is supposed to be a nice friendly place to meet but obviously I was incorrect in my evaluation. Maybe someone could enlighten me and make me understand so that I don't feel like I miss-judged. Thank you in advance.

Patty,

I have been a member here for almost 3 years I think. I have had nothing but positive feelings and feed back from every thing I have done here. Recently I a fellow viller and I met for a weekend and we had a great time. I have made several friends that I talk to regulary from here. Please give this site a chance. The moderators here have a huge job making sure that every one complies with the guidlines. I hope that every one remembers what they were told when they were little. "Treat others how you would like to be treated" I hope that you decied to stay. :hug

Dorothy

*slips kitty another toilet paper roll* mwahahaa..

Today I'm doing this pattern:

http://littlehouseinthesuburbs.com/2008/11/crocheted-washcloths-23-diamonds.html

It isn't as hard as I thought it'd be, once I got the hang of doing the design. It's from a CAL group I found on Ravelry last night, they do a dishcloth a month, fun! I was getting tired of doing standard sc or dc type cloths.

It's pretty, I have some I Love This Cotton yarn, in 205 Too Pink Print. It's super cute, making green/pink stripes.

Don't think I can finish it today, but when it's done I'll post a picture :)

Oh, that's a cute washcloth meowy! :D You'll have to post pics! :D

I just got 46 minutes in crocheting time for washing dishes! :cheer

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/x...am9lLmpwZw.jpg. He's for real I got him at about 1 day old till last april when he would be a year old. He decided to be an outside pet. They are so cuddly till they get about 45 lbs and then they get very playfull and can really hurt you. I'm on a list with vet to take care of wildlife. But he was my first.

He is sooooo cute! :D

@princesspatty: I ditto Dorothy, though I haven't met any Villers in RL yet. :manyheart I hope you continue to visit here!:hug:hug

Thanks for the vote of support, Dorothysgirls and crocheter4jesus. Now I'm going to ask that anyone else who has concerns about drama please bring those to me privately via PM. Any more references to the drama within this thread will be removed, as public discussion of the old drama just creates more drama, and that's not very constructive. It's much more constructive if I can talk with someone privately about their concerns. :)

*Off to find a cozy chair and start work on my WIP again.*

Just popped into the bistro for a nice cup of tea and Im headed over to pet the yarns then off to the livingroom to work on ........ sorry its a secret. I am making ......... for a very sweet member here on the ville and I don't want her to know what I am making. She will just have to wait and see. I have also been trying to write down some patterns for a few of the mini creations I have been working on but I find it really hard to write them down when the creativity is flowing. The patterns just show up in my head as I go along but I can never seem to get them on paper as fast as I the ideas come.

Is there any way I could just plug my brain into my computer and let it type out the pattern as I am creating? I wish!!!

Tammy - Wouldn't that be an amazing piece of software to invent! One that could take people's creative ideas and make patterns out of them! Enjoy your crochet time!

Lilly Flower - What colour PJs are you making? Those dolls are cute! Enjoy!

Patty - What are you working on these days?

I opted for bag, settled down to enjoy a 1 skein project (as per the pattern) and ran out of yarn 3/5 of the way through :( It is working up nicely though.

*Joining you all in the Family Room to look at my Library books and admire your WIPs*

Kids are coloring and life is settling down for the day. :woo ! So I am going to go colapse into a comfy chair and work on my bed spread....

Oops forgot to get a drink... *Runs to the bistro and gets hot chocolate.*

Hubby is wonderful he made me a thread holder! It is wonderful no more fighting with thread!!

post-19553-135897496645_thumb.jpg

Oooohh I so need an espresso with extra espresso! :lol Just remembered I have to fix a stole for the minister for tomorrow. I made stoles to match the banner about 8 to 10 years ago and some silverfish got into one of them and eat it's merry way through the wool crewel work. So I hope no one mines the light being on late in the family room.

Quick question my sis told me about hour ago her church is having booth at local town thingey and are raising money for youth. Since I'm the only on to crochet they need items. So ladys I need suggestions. Can't get on ravelry so nothing from there. I'm learning so ill try anything. Just need suggestions that would sell. I have until sept. I love my sis really I do. Oh my cup is empty and I need a sandwich.

Countrymom you can use any of my amigurumi patterns here at the 'ville for church thingy's .

Kids are coloring and life is settling down for the day. :woo ! So I am going to go colapse into a comfy chair and work on my bed spread....

Oops forgot to get a drink... *Runs to the bistro and gets hot chocolate.*

Hubby is wonderful he made me a thread holder! It is wonderful no more fighting with thread!!

[ATTACH]15327[/ATTACH]

What a great idea for a thread holder. I hate fighting with my thread. Now if I can just get the DH to make me something to hold the thread while I am reclining in bed that would be great. :hook

BTW the beadspread is going to be gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished project.

*Sidetracked by dorothysgirls thread holder, that is cool. I got myself a yarn "spin & knit" earlier this year. Found the thingy on esty but the guy that makes them is local here in Austin. So he brought me the 2 he had and I got to pick, no freight either :lol Enjoy yours it looks like it will make your spread go faster.

Wow ladies we seem to be all busy here today that is awesome.

I mooved over to the kitchen and baked a pumkin pie so that when i drop by bistro for my cup of milk this time i can have it with the pumkin pie.

Say any one want a slice just ring my bell.....

Tammy you are a tease not telling us exactly what you making...... but i guess we can all see it soon.....

I hope to have photos tomorrow of my WIP in the living room.....

I'm cold so back to the living room I will drop by the shoppe tomorrow again and drool over the yarns and then by the library to see what will be next for me....

Dorothy you got a great hubby for making that thingy for you...

Hubby used to be crafty at one time but he is lacking off now....

Littleflower glad to see you here too....

Well my friends catch you all later. Off i go to whip a few stitches..

hugs

Oooohh I so need an espresso with extra espresso! :lol Just remembered I have to fix a stole for the minister for tomorrow. I made stoles to match the banner about 8 to 10 years ago and some silverfish got into one of them and eat it's merry way through the wool crewel work. So I hope no one mines the light being on late in the family room.

Countrymom you can use any of my amigurumi patterns here at the 'ville for church thingy's .

Thanks Ill check them out. Well I hate to leave good company but I had better head to bed.

:night, Countrymom!

ctawq ~ good luck with your project... the late lights in the family room don't bother me a bit... in fact, it makes me feel at home:manyheart

Have a great night, all... I'm done, too:)

:cheer :cheer :cheer For Dorothysgirls, she can do it!!! :cheer :cheer :cheer

Okay I know that was bad. My only excuse is it is late at night. :P

I know this isn't crochet, but crewel, but I had to share it anyway :lol

post-22215-135897496664_thumb.jpg

Off to bed now got to get the stole to church by 7:30am so....must get some sleep.

Evening..I'm here for coffee with cream and sugar..

This evening I cleaned out a lil green box I was given last June or so..Anyway, lots of 70's and 80's patterns..Also lots of doilies..My WIM list has grown about 40 times over..Not to meantion the cutest lil sweater pullover to make for my great neice..I'll end up making it 18 months as she probably won't wear it until this next end of summer..And the baby blankets...I'm like wooo hooo..

And my lil one is being super fussy today/this evening..

I gotta get to work on my snowflakes too..Soo much to do, so little time..

Hi, everyone! I'm glad to see everyone has been so chatty and sharing projects. :manyheart Everything is beautiful.

Here's my project started and finished today.

post-28827-13589749667_thumb.jpg

It's from A Dozen & One Tunisian Dishcloths by Kim Guzman. I got it from ebay on Friday. It only took a day to get here so I was excited to get started on one today. It's going to a swap partner. There are some great dishcloths in this book. It's addicting and I've already started another. :hook

Take care everyone! Talk with you soon.

Archived