Crochet Tree Of Life CAL

Shaylen

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK I am finally making some progress now on row 30!:cheer I haven't had as much time as I would like since work has picked up and my business and marketing plans are underway for the wonderful all educating college courses I am taking now. I think I have my priorities straight...Kids, crochet, then school... did I get that right?:think lol well now on to the accounting homework and maybe I will get a few more rows done tomorrow and post a picture. Till then have fun playing with yer balls...:devil YARN PEOPLE YARN!

I just ordered the yarn for this pattern and would like to join this CAL. I have been working on setting up my sewing/crochet/knit/craft room that I've dubbed the "Tree House" and this afghan will be perfect for the room.

Welcome, LeAnna! What color are you using?

I decided to go with the fisherman wool color. I tried to pick another color, but wasn't happy with the other choices (all great colors, just not for the Tree House...)

what is your Make a blanket Day?

I am thinking you most be the only state not in the freezer! we are running 20 Degrees colder than normal! and looking at 11 tonight:eek

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this--stinking work got in the way.

Anyway, MABD is a national Project Linus event where local chapters get together and try to get as many blankets completed as possible. We used to have gigantic sub sandwiches at ours, but last year the group that organized the food (it was a donation from a local sandwich shop) decided not to sponsor that. Boo hoo. :( And this year, again, only snacks and coffee provided, but you are encouraged to bring a lunch of you like. Last year, I think my chapter approached something like 500 blankets made, dropped off, or yarn/quilt kits checked out. But we're very large.

And we're finally getting some winter here--that bad California storm is weeping down on us today and tomorrow. We are desperate for rain, so I am delighted.

as the Tree of Life pattern, I just finished off that MABD blanket from last year (no photos yet) and have a knit one to finish off, then I am going to tackle it. All the versions so far look great! Patty

There are a couple of minor problems that I have found for those of you who have not gotten there yet after about row 20 of the tree you start adding sc behind some of the post stitches which is not clear especially considering that the notes say you are skipping the stitch behind or in fornt of the bp or fp dc.

And in row 24 the 2sc mentioned on line 2 of that instruction don't exist. You will also need to sk 2 sc in order to only have 4 sc on that same row. I only did the tree panel by itself I don't have the patience to do the whole blanket right now.

NiYa :yarn

I'm already having probems with the pattern and I'm not even on row 20.

:eek:angry:scared:huh:bang:rant

what's happening maybe one of us that hjas gotten that far can help.

Wow, I am impressed with the pics I have seen so far. I started this pattern for the knit sweater 2 years ago and all I have to do is add the neck band and buttons. It is a very heavy sweater and easy to do if you take your time. I didn't know Lion came out with the crochet version. I would love to make a pillow with this pattern with all your inspirations but I guess I should finish the sweater first, lol. Great job all!

My mommy knitted me this blanket....as well as a sweater....a few years ago. I wear that sweater often and while sitting on the couch with my kids, we snuggled up under the afghan.....love them both!

I'm too chicken to try this though....good luck ladies!!! I'll be checking back often to see the updated pics!!

My yarn was delivered today and I used it as a carrot to get some stuff done around the house before finally sitting down around 9:30ish and starting the pattern. I'm on like row 6 or 7 right now. I'm excited...

How's everyone else doing?

Well I had to rip out a few rows... its kinda odd actually I notcied that the chart for the trees around row 36?:think is not symetrical for about 2 rows?:think it actually was a little confusing but, now I am past the part and now on row 40. My trees are really starting to take shape now! My DH:hug is leaving on a business trip for a week and we just got a foot of snow! I know this may not be strange to some of you but just remember I live in Arkansas! lol it was actually funny how many people were calling it a blizzard!

I hope to get some work done on my ghan this week cant wait to see what the trees look like completed!:hook

To upload a pic, click on the Post Reply button (don't use Quick Reply), click on the paper clip icon (to the right of the white smiley face). A window will pop up, click on the Browse button. Choose the pic on your hard drive then click the upload button. Close that pop up window, then click on the paper clip icon again and click on the pic file.

I still want to try this Tree of Life pattern, but maybe on a sweater instead of an afghan. I'm making three sweaters already, so it might be a while (unless I end up abandoning one of those [having some troubles :P].)

I still want to try this Tree of Life pattern, but maybe on a sweater instead of an afghan. I'm making three sweaters already, so it might be a while (unless I end up abandoning one of those [having some troubles :P].)

I was thinking eventually a sweater for my dad, but I may also make a laptop bag for myself with this design...love it.

Archived