Crochet Tree Of Life CAL

Shaylen

I can imagine how you feel with your husband not around. I have been lucky enough that my DH is always nearby for the most part...even extra lucky that he got a major promotion that normally requires relocating and we are still here in the same town...Which is nice for me since my mom, dad, ans sister are all still here too. I dont know what I would do in your situation especially since my DD is 4 and my DS is 15mths.

so far we have about 3 inches.. we are supposed to get close to 10 inches b4 morning..yea! oh well i have my coffee and hook in hand... I will survive just fine lol. As for my kids and DH they will be bouncing off the walls in no time at all.

My poor husband has about 3 feet of snow...but it doesn't matter, 3 inches, 3 feet...it's still a lot of snow to deal with (especially driving...)

We've done alright being apart...it couldn't be helped. And at one point I was going through a lot with my grandmother and I honestly said to my DH that I was glad he wasn't around to deal with me dealing with her...it was hard enough on the webcam. She passed away this summer and I'm just grateful she's in a better place.

We don't have children other than 2 cats and they can be a handful in their own right.

I got pics taken and will post momentarily.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-2629-135897503117_thumb.jpg

post-2629-135897503123_thumb.jpg

Okay...here you go...I am working on the second panel of trees and am on row 17 of the tree panel pattern.

I was originally going to go with another color other than the fisherman, but it's so pretty with the original color and that color goes well with the Venetian Stucco that's on the walls of the tree house and also the other whites that make up the dresser and the cutting table and the new sewing machine table...

Hope you like.

Thank you Cindy! It's been a fun pattern to work on...I loved it the other night, I was in bed working on it and Serenghetti decided she just HAD to sleep on it. I finally got it out from under her and as I worked on it, it just was laying on her and she was fine with that...slept like a baby...

I must agree LeAnna It is starting took look really great! I actually haven't picked it up today as planned...actually ended up at work lol the luck! I did do another 5 squares for the other CAL so im a little over half way done with 17 squares now.

Keep up the good work and that will be a great piece for your "Tree House"

Glad you like...I did only 3 of the 5 rows of the flowers (I wasn't too sure about them, but they are growing on me) and I do like my alternative divider...I'll be doing that around the border too.

I'm just a lurker here, but wanted to chime in! Absolutely beautiful work LeAnna! WOW! Looks great! What is your tree house? Maybe I missed it in an earlier post?

The "Tree House" is my sewing/crochet/knitting/craft room that is on the second floor of the house in the back corner and surrounded by trees...

I'll find a link of pics to show it off again...

[ATTACH]16271[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16272[/ATTACH]

Okay...here you go...I am working on the second panel of trees and am on row 17 of the tree panel pattern.

I was originally going to go with another color other than the fisherman, but it's so pretty with the original color and that color goes well with the Venetian Stucco that's on the walls of the tree house and also the other whites that make up the dresser and the cutting table and the new sewing machine table...

Hope you like.

That is coming out absolutely outstanding!

you have really done a wonderful job on it!

I have set mine aside due to Valentine's Day. I'm workng on an afghan for hubby... so need to get that done. :hook

Again.... great job LeAnna!

:heart

:mug

That is coming out absolutely outstanding!

you have really done a wonderful job on it!

I have set mine aside due to Valentine's Day. I'm workng on an afghan for hubby... so need to get that done. :hook

Again.... great job LeAnna!

:heart

:mug

Thank you! I really like the pattern...it's been fun.

Ok LeAnna I have to take off for a little (if I can stay away)... My husband was gone last week and kids have been sick and unfortunately I have fallen behind in my studies so I'm going to stay scarce for the week so i can catch back up.

Hope all is well in the "Tree House" and blessings

Ok LeAnna I have to take off for a little (if I can stay away)... My husband was gone last week and kids have been sick and unfortunately I have fallen behind in my studies so I'm going to stay scarce for the week so i can catch back up.

Hope all is well in the "Tree House" and blessings

Study hard and I hope the kids get well soon...I'm busy with other things too...see ya when I see ya.

Woo hoo!

Its great to be back! Ok LeeAnna I am sewing my blocks together for the jackson square ghan and will be back full force onto this ghan by tomorrow afternoon! I hope all is going well with yours although you might even be done with it by now. lol I still have some work to do to catch up completely in school so my time online right now will just be an occasional drop in to check on all my buddies! I should be back full force by Tuesday! hehe I cant wait!

Woo hoo!

Its great to be back! Ok LeeAnna I am sewing my blocks together for the jackson square ghan and will be back full force onto this ghan by tomorrow afternoon! I hope all is going well with yours although you might even be done with it by now. lol I still have some work to do to catch up completely in school so my time online right now will just be an occasional drop in to check on all my buddies! I should be back full force by Tuesday! hehe I cant wait!

Hey there...I did a few rows yesterday, but haven't done much more on it and have been incredibly lazy today. I might be able to get a fair amount done this weekend, but my schedule is a bit crazed this next week, so it might be next week or week after before I get done...

That and I started making squares for the Jackson afghan...

Have a great weekend and look forward to hearing from you when you have the time.

Well I finally finished the Jackson Square ghan and posted a pic over there... I went back to the tree ghan to pick it back up and what? where is my hook? Kaitlyn? where is mommy's green hook? lol needless to say I now have a green size F hook Missing in action!

So it looks like I am going to have to go to walmart tomorrow just to get a hook! grrr. lol I would use a G but my guage really did change when I did a couple of rows in it so I had to frog all the way back to where I was with the F hook.

LeeAnna I hope everything is going well for you and you don't have a case of the missing hook. The funny thing is I at least have two of every hook except for that one....literally.

Well I finally finished the Jackson Square ghan and posted a pic over there... I went back to the tree ghan to pick it back up and what? where is my hook? Kaitlyn? where is mommy's green hook? lol needless to say I now have a green size F hook Missing in action!

So it looks like I am going to have to go to walmart tomorrow just to get a hook! grrr. lol I would use a G but my guage really did change when I did a couple of rows in it so I had to frog all the way back to where I was with the F hook.

LeeAnna I hope everything is going well for you and you don't have a case of the missing hook. The funny thing is I at least have two of every hook except for that one....literally.

Oh no! I have duplicates too, but I usually have all my hooks in one place, still I know what it's like to temporarily be missing a hook.

I haven't worked on the Tree of Life for a couple of days, but I have 10 squares of the Jackson ghan done...I'm off to see your Jackson ghan...

St. Anthony, help her find her hook, please...

Thanks Girl! It really is frustrating because I was fixing to go "gungho!" on the tree ghan and poof! I'm sad now I really was excited about getting back to it tonight! Well I'm not going to the store this late with the kids in bed even tho DH is home.. I guess I'm heading to bed now. Goodnight and in the words of my daughter "sweet dreams, not bad ones"

Thanks Girl! It really is frustrating because I was fixing to go "gungho!" on the tree ghan and poof! I'm sad now I really was excited about getting back to it tonight! Well I'm not going to the store this late with the kids in bed even tho DH is home.. I guess I'm heading to bed now. Goodnight and in the words of my daughter "sweet dreams, not bad ones"

Love that...there's always tomorrow. Happy Valentine's Day.

• 1 month later...

Looks like everyone gave up and but the one I saw is gorgeous, Leannes I think! I think I might give it a try after I finish the 63 CAL. I am so glad this CAL was started, I don't know how i missed it, I just ran across it today, several months later! di

Archived