Crochet Tree Of Life CAL

Shaylen

I'm on row 33 of the final tree section. I didn't get to work on it at all yesterday. So, it won't be finished this weekend, but it should be by next weekend.

I'm sure you'll get it done Nicole!!!:cheer:cheer I see you joined the Combo Challenge for 2011!!! Me too!!

Shay- :cheer:cheer:cheer you on too!! It's such a pretty ghan

I think lots of us do more than one project at a time Twinkle!!! Right now I'm working on a flannel'ghan and since I have a time crunch (it's a Christmas gift) I'll just keep working on that till it's done!!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cheer You can do it! I am through the first tree panel and almost done with the first divider.

Are you doing the Divider by the pattern? I ask cause I know my sister Shay changed hers as it looked better

I guess I should post a picture of my 'ghan in progress. :D
It is looking great!

Thats what i did and then it took a year to dig it back out...so its the only thing im working on now so i can get it DONE!!....im over half way.:yes
I know you well enought to know this is not the only think laying by your chair! I got mind back out but have lost the stitch markers somehow:(

Even though I am working on my christmas afghan right now, I kind of want to get started on this afghan too. Is it so wrong that I wanna do 2 afghans at 1 time? lol!!

I think all of us do more that one project at a time:) so no it is not wrong:)

Yay...im on row 40 on the second set of trees.

Sissie...IT is to the only thing i have going right now that is crochet :hook Allso Kristin is in labor and dilated to 4 and walking,walking,walking....im betting baby by 5 :cheer

Here is what you do Sissie....when she is not looking you sneak into Mimis room and steal some of her hair clips for your markers thats what i use

Yay...im on row 40 on the second set of trees.

Sissie...IT is to the only thing i have going right now that is crochet :hook Allso Kristin is in labor and dilated to 4 and walking,walking,walking....im betting baby by 5 :cheer

Here is what you do Sissie....when she is not looking you sneak into Mimis room and steal some of her hair clips for your markers thats what i use

Are you a grandmother again yet? I am praying all goes or went well for her! Pass on my:manyheart

mimi does not have hair clips. I need to take a pic of the ones I have cause Cynthia had told me she had some but not sure what the name is of the kind I use so she needs to see them LOL

I did not take mine out tonight as I have micky and there is no quit time with him LOL

All righty! I just started the border. So, I figured it was a good time to post an in-progress picture. Here we are -

post-28827-135897604378_thumb.jpg

It's not the best picture since I don't have any natural light. Since it's almost winter in Indiana, I'm likely not to have any natural light until March. :lol Thanks for looking everyone! :hug

All righty! I just started the border. So, I figured it was a good time to post an in-progress picture. Here we are -

[ATTACH]31512[/ATTACH]

It's not the best picture since I don't have any natural light. Since it's almost winter in Indiana, I'm likely not to have any natural light until March. :lol Thanks for looking everyone! :hug

Very pretty....what kind of border are you doing??

Let me see if i can get a photo of mine up.Im going to put one more row of flowers on the top and bottom.

Very pretty....what kind of border are you doing??

Let me see if i can get a photo of mine up.Im going to put one more row of flowers on the top and bottom.

Thanks! Your 'ghan looks great, too. :yes

For the border, I finally settled on two rounds of hdc, one round of sc and a crocheted leaf in each corner. I might make it three rounds of hdc...it just depends on how I feel once I get there.

[ATTACH]31512[/ATTACH]

Wow!! That is fabulous, Nicole :clap Beautiful job you have done, and so quickly, at that. Amazing.:manyheart

Love the pics, and the pattern is so tempting, but I bore easily if I work with same color, I wonder how it would look if I did the trees in one color and then the center panel and border in another? Hope you guys are still around in 2011 in case I need some advice or encouragement to keep it going. Everyone's is soooo pretty...

Love the pics, and the pattern is so tempting, but I bore easily if I work with same color, I wonder how it would look if I did the trees in one color and then the center panel and border in another? Hope you guys are still around in 2011 in case I need some advice or encouragement to keep it going. Everyone's is soooo pretty...

For me, the same color wasn't boring. All of the counting required kept me from getting bored. I think it would look nice with one of the panels a different color if you decide to go that route.

I'll definitely stick around. I might make a bigger one eventually.

Thanks Nicole. I will probably start the end of Jan. Have to finish the table topper I am working on right now. Since my yarn is stored in tubs in the garage I don't have the room to bring another tub in here right now. Once all Holiday things are packed away I will bring the next one in.

I do not think you will get bored with this one, way to much counting for that! but that is a good Idea about changing colors for the panel. I would like to see that

I finished my topper, just need to block it, so I ventured out to the garage and pulled in my tub of Worsted yarn. Going through it to see if I have enough to make the afghan, and trying to estimate how much of each color I would need. I have so much yarn stashed, so I don't want to buy more if I don't have to.

Just started row 15 of the ghan, and figured it out that it will require 3 2/3 skeins of the Berella 4 yarn I am using to do the tree panel as I am getting 15 rows per skein.

Should just make the 2 tree panels with what I have.

Just started row 15 of the ghan, and figured it out that it will require 3 2/3 skeins of the Berella 4 yarn I am using to do the tree panel as I am getting 15 rows per skein.

Should just make the 2 tree panels with what I have.

Once I started the cables, I got less rows per skein. I used Vanna's Choice. it took just under 15 skeins to complete the 'ghan. I didn't do the border as written in the pattern either. This 'ghan uses a TON of yarn.

Well I am on row 22 right now, and so far made 16 rows on first skein. It is a heavy ghan and I figured to use lots of yarn, just needed to know if it would work on different colors per panel. I know I have enough for this first panel, but perhaps I will have to switch to a different shade of this color for the 2nd tree panel. Time will tell.

I can see what everyone means about the counting, I have to rip out at times just to redo a section where I was off on the count.

Well this has to go on hold now til 2011, have to finish up wrapping and giving/sending other gifts, then there is company and visits, so time has run short.

Happy Holidays to you all, I will be back next year and promise to do pics.

Sissie I am using a natural shade, similar to an ecru for the trees, haven't picked the other colors yet.

Archived