Crochet Tree Of Life CAL

Shaylen

Nicole that is pretty! I am still working on mine fixing to dig it back out as soon as I have Christmas out of the way. Need to get this done by March so I can take it to my Brother-in-law when we go Visit.

I am just now starting the Panel part. what is taking me so long if I am making it big enough for a king bed:eek (What was I thinking?:think)

Deb, Nicole is right you should be able to do this one Just not in front of the TV. all counting. Let us know if you decide to do it, what colors will you use?

Thank you! :) I can't wait to see the king size version!

I want to make a bigger one, too. I'm thinking of doing three tree sections, two "center panels" and four sets of the trees. I'm pretty sure I'll do something different for the center panels. While the original is pretty, there are a few ideas floating in my head that will look even better, methinks.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow! I didn't know this thread existed :lol

I'm planning on having this as one of my big projects this year. As we are moving home, my DH has said that he'd like this for the couch in the livingroom. :) Although we are still undecided as to the colour.

Can you believe I have done 3 of these this past year? Just according to pattern though, not bigger or different. I love how it progresses and each row gives me a sence of accomplishment.

Jennifer

(new member hoping to stick around)

Welcome Jennifer,

WOW 3 of these! I am still working one the first panel of my first one although it is a king size one.

Do you have any Pic's?

Oh wow! I didn't know this thread existed :lol

I'm planning on having this as one of my big projects this year. As we are moving home, my DH has said that he'd like this for the couch in the livingroom. :) Although we are still undecided as to the colour.

This has been a slow going Thread:)

Do you have any Idea's for your color yet? My sister did one in an off green and I though YUCK but when it was done it was quit pretty:)

Yes, I do :)

Nadia1.jpg

kristen3.jpg

finished1.jpg

finished2.jpg

The first one (last 2 pics) took about a month. Worked in the morning for about an hour or 2, then the evening about an hour, plus weekends. It was a gift for my sister in law for her wedding shower.

The second (first pic) took about a week longer, and the last (middle pic) about 6 or 7 weeks. I preferred to actually read the pattern rather than use the chart. I should learn how to read a chart, though, as I have some cool pattern books my aunt gave to me that use charts rather than written patterns. Right now I am working on a charted picture afghan (annies attic, african safari).

I just started this 'ghan the day before yesterday.. I hope to have it done before my cousin's baby is born in Feb.. I've nearly finished the first set of tree panels as i type. I think im going to do a different panelset for the middle section.. but I'll need to get more yarn before it'll be finished in anycase.

• 5 months later...

Anyone still working on this?

My DH has finally decided that it is about time I make a start on this and we are arranging to get the yarn etc. He likes the original yarn in the photo on Lion Brands website. It's going to be his Xmas present. :)

For those having done this, does it work well? Anyone known annoyances?

Many thanks.

Anyone still working on this?

My DH has finally decided that it is about time I make a start on this and we are arranging to get the yarn etc. He likes the original yarn in the photo on Lion Brands website. It's going to be his Xmas present. :)

For those having done this, does it work well? Anyone known annoyances?

Many thanks.

Mine has long been done. It works well as long as you really pay attention. I found the chart to be much easier to follow than the written pattern. It's gorgeous though and worth the work.

Archived