Crochet Tree Of Life CAL

Shaylen

Looks like everyone gave up and but the one I saw is gorgeous, Leannes I think! I think I might give it a try after I finish the 63 CAL. I am so glad this CAL was started, I don't know how i missed it, I just ran across it today, several months later! di

Yep, that was mine...it is complete, so I'll post pics here too:

post-2629-135897516153_thumb.jpg

post-2629-135897516157_thumb.jpg

post-2629-13589751616_thumb.jpg

I did a completely different idea for edging and fringe. Inspired by my willow tree outside. I just didn't like how the original edging and leaves were made up...

I love it...hope you like too.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i know this is a crochet group, but there is a baby afghan version of this in knit. cute.

sandy

Yeah I saw it and it is really nice. I hang out at a yarn shop on Thursdays with a bunch of ladies, most of whom gather to knit, but I showed off the afghan when it was 3/4th's done and they loved it and I let them know about the knit version (and baby version...)

• 7 months later...
that is so pretty! I want to make one too! but I got so many other projects to work on!

It's fairly time intensive (for me at least), but it is fun and addicting. I have spent a week on what I posted above. That was during Thanksgiving week though and I had a lot more time than usual to dedicate to crocheting. It has nine skeins of yarn (Vanna's Choice 3.5 ounce skeins). I will need probably another six to finish it up.

Wow! That's a lot of yarn! I think I may use green as my color! <3 How many 7oz skeins would I need for it?

My color is acually Dusty Green. The color doesn't show up well in the picture.

The pattern calls for 15 skeins of Wool Ease. I believe those are 3.5 ounce skeins. So, it takes about 52.5 ounces. That's 7.5 skeins of 7 ounce skeins. Obviously, it will change depending on the person doing the crocheting and the type of yarn used, but that's a good jumping off point.

I think I will just buy one or two skein at a time as I go along and run out, I think that it would be the cheapest way to go, lol and not have to worry about having alot of extra yarn left over. :-)

Since it's done in sc and post dc stitches, it takes a lot of yarn. The reverse sc takes a lot of yarn, too. With 7 ounce skeins, you wouldn't have to worry about extra skeins if you start with 6. You will go through one or two skeins pretty quickly.

Looks great- and is that the Bernat ghan in its finished glory I see peeking behind it? :devil

You do gorgeous work, Nicole!!

Thanks, Joanne! :hug Yep, that's the Bernat ghan. It's an attention hog. Everytime there's a camera, it has to jump in the picture. :lol

Since it's done in sc and post dc stitches, it takes a lot of yarn. The reverse sc takes a lot of yarn, too. With 7 ounce skeins, you wouldn't have to worry about extra skeins if you start with 6. You will go through one or two skeins pretty quickly.

Thanks, Joanne! :hug Yep, that's the Bernat ghan. It's an attention hog. Everytime there's a camera, it has to jump in the picture. :lol

:lol:lol:lol

I can't wait to see the finished Tree of Life Afghan!

I haven't been crocheting much yet this winter, I am 1/2 through the moorish afghan, I am using up all my scraps with One main color, then I still want to do this one. Plus at the moment I am making AG doll clothes becasue my GD is getting one I hear from santa! I will be back, they are so pretty ladies! di

I haven't been crocheting much yet this winter, I am 1/2 through the moorish afghan, I am using up all my scraps with One main color, then I still want to do this one. Plus at the moment I am making AG doll clothes becasue my GD is getting one I hear from santa! I will be back, they are so pretty ladies! di

The Morrish afghan is great. I am about 3/4 of the way done with my Tree of Life 'ghan. I really hope to finish it this weekend.

Wow- your hook is on fire!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

I have been forcing myself to work on it non-stop. I worried about getting burned out and putting it away for awhile. I've spent a small fortune on yarn so my mom WILL get it for Christmas this year!! :lol

I have been forcing myself to work on it non-stop. I worried about getting burned out and putting it away for awhile. I've spent a small fortune on yarn so my mom WILL get it for Christmas this year!! :lol

Thats what i did and then it took a year to dig it back out...so its the only thing im working on now so i can get it DONE!!....im over half way.:yes

Even though I am working on my christmas afghan right now, I kind of want to get started on this afghan too. Is it so wrong that I wanna do 2 afghans at 1 time? lol!!

Nope....i am very bad about doing that :devil

Archived