Crochet Tree Of Life CAL

Shaylen

Ok i got a reply from Amy and this is what she says...And i did follow the pattern on the flower just added stitches in between....sorry Ladies :(

If anyone wants the pattern its in the 63 Cable stitches book.

Thanks Amy for the help!!

ok, by what she said, if i read correct, you can't tell us "sl st 3, ch 6 "(made up count and does not exist to my knowledge in any pattern) to make the flowers, but can you give us the count between the flowers since we'd still need the book to do the flowers?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to join this CAL. I don't have enough of one color though, so I think I'll make squares of trees, one square per tree graph, in different solids.

Now I already have a question about reading the chart. I'm a lefty, so do I read it from left to right for odd rows and right to left for even rows? Or does it not matter if the image is mirrored? What do you all think?

I would like to join this CAL. I don't have enough of one color though, so I think I'll make squares of trees, one square per tree graph, in different solids.

Now I already have a question about reading the chart. I'm a lefty, so do I read it from left to right for odd rows and right to left for even rows? Or does it not matter if the image is mirrored? What do you all think?

I'm a lefty too and it doesn't seem to matter yet for me since it's mirrored. I'm about halfway through the trees. We just go in the opposite direction throughout.

I am not making hugh progress but some is better than none... now on row 7...will the bottom start to even out once more rows are added or not till the border is added? my edge is quite wavy. p.s. now that I actually have time to review the full pattern in detail it doesn't seem to complicated since I do have some experience knitting cables. But to be honest it looks like I will need a little help interpreting the pattern for the leaves trim I just wish there was a chart I tend to do better with those.

Happy New Year and Happy Hooking!!

Thanks Cherri, I'll just follow the directions as is, seems to make sense to me and I don't think it matters if the image is mirrored.

I've got a good start on my first square. I'm basically just following the tree chart and adding a 5 st border all the way around. I have lots of medium blue and cream in ILTY and since the squares are coming out pretty big, about 21", I'm planning on 9 squares plus a final border around after they are attached.

I'll do five blue squares, one in middle, four in the corners, and the others in cream. I'd like to do some snowflakes on the cream ones if I can figure it out. Or maybe I'll try the flowers. We'll see.

I frogged my first square because I thought it was coming out too big and somewhere I lost a stitch. Then I found the following video that explained really well how to go from the post stitches to regular stitches, which had me a bit confused. I restarted with a H hook and now my squares, with 4 stitch/row borders are going to be 17 1/4", much better.

Well....... I wasnt able to find yarn at the yarn shop... so as soon as we get home... I'll swing by Michael's and get the yarn to start this!

I really like this ghan and want to make one!

:heart

:mug

I have Finally been able to get started:cheer:cheer

I did 26 Rows yesterday while watching my Football games:)

I am doing mine in Aran Red Heart and making 10 trees:eek this will be going on the back of a king size couch

post-3520-135897492494_thumb.jpg

Ok Ladies i am done with the flower section...I really like how it turned out!!!I'm also trying to figure out my new camera so bare with me...i will try to take more when we have sun again :lol.This is layed out on my King size bed by the way!!

oh I like them! I might have to decide to use yours and not the one in the pattern :yes

Ooh, love seeing the in-progress photos, thanks! I have not forgotten this, but I am trying to stick to one of my new year's resolutions and get some WIPS done. I've finished one (yea!!), and have a blanket that's half done which I'd like to finish before I start this. But everyone's look great so far.

Ooh, love seeing the in-progress photos, thanks! I have not forgotten this, but I am trying to stick to one of my new year's resolutions and get some WIPS done. I've finished one (yea!!), and have a blanket that's half done which I'd like to finish before I start this. But everyone's look great so far.

what pattern are you doing on the blanket you are working on?

try to stay warm

what pattern are you doing on the blanket you are working on?

try to stay warm

Hey, Sissie, it's Playful Primaries, from one of the Vanna White afghan books (sorry, can't remember which one right now). I'm using a yarn kit my Project Linus chapter gave me in 2009, and we just scheduled our Make a Blanket Day for 2010, so I want to get this finished. I'm using 3 purples and a white. It's not difficult, just time consuming because it's all single crochet, which just drags. I have half done, and need to get the other half done and then all the squares sewn together.

And I'd like to be cold! It's unseasonably warm here in the southwest--70 degrees Farenheit! That's almost 20 too warm. And it has nature all confused, and things are growing, and my allergies are bothering me 2 months ahead of schedule! Achoo!!

patty

Patty - PLEASE send some of that heat this way! It's about 25 F out right and it's scheduled to start snowing in about 15 min. :flake AND our furnace just stopped working a couple hrs. ago. :wbrr

Patty - PLEASE send some of that heat this way! It's about 25 F out right and it's scheduled to start snowing in about 15 min. :flake AND our furnace just stopped working a couple hrs. ago. :wbrr

oh tia, that is horrible. i am so sorry. please tell me you have a small heater of some type.. kerosene? electric? or even that you have someplace warm to go.

oh tia, that is horrible. i am so sorry. please tell me you have a small heater of some type.. kerosene? electric? or even that you have someplace warm to go.

We live in the mountains and are prepared for these things to happen (well at least somewhat) We have three electric space heaters that should help us get through the night as well as an electric blanket. Also there is a small gas heater in the BASEMENT (and guess where we're NOT) that pretty much only heats that little room and the staircase above it. The master bedroom is on the opposite end of the house. We'll turn the gas heater on before bedtime for the kitty. :cat cuz we're taking the other heaters into the bedroom with us!

Thanks for your concern, :hug but I think we'll make it. I managed to call the repairman right at 5 pm to schedule an apt. They'll be here tomorrow afternoon. They would have come tonight, but I didn't know the entire heating didn't work, just part of it (we have two circulators run by two thermostats). But NOPE, none of it works.

We live in the mountains and are prepared for these things to happen (well at least somewhat) We have three electric space heaters that should help us get through the night as well as an electric blanket. Also there is a small gas heater in the BASEMENT (and guess where we're NOT) that pretty much only heats that little room and the staircase above it. The master bedroom is on the opposite end of the house. We'll turn the gas heater on before bedtime for the kitty. :cat cuz we're taking the other heaters into the bedroom with us!

Thanks for your concern, :hug but I think we'll make it. I managed to call the repairman right at 5 pm to schedule an apt. They'll be here tomorrow afternoon. They would have come tonight, but I didn't know the entire heating didn't work, just part of it (we have two circulators run by two thermostats). But NOPE, none of it works.

ok, that makes me feel better. the heaters and afghans should help keep you warm. hope the repairman gets their bright and early, and that it's a majorly EASY fix.

Oh Tia……. What a time for the furnace to go out. L

I’m glad to hear you have a repair man coming… and you have heaters to stay warm best you can till then.

Its gotten pretty cold here too. Its been snowing for the last few weeks now … a lot!

We have so much snow its unreal. The temps have been the last few days … 8* … -14*… 1*… brrrr… winds have been blowing at 30-40 mph… so the drifting has been crazy.

Well… back under my blankie and back to knitting.

You get snuggled up too and stay warm!

We faired really well last night, much better than I thought we would. As long as we don't lose power. We don't have a generator, so losing power for more than is a day is the only thing I really worry about.

I really love this afghan. I am tempted to do both versions, like 35 rows on each blanket per week. I want to get some old WIPs out of the way. I need to revise my yarn budget. :lol

I will keep an eye on this thread and cheer people on. :)

Well……… at this rate… I will be starting my ‘ghan after you all are done!!! We are totally snow’d in and have been all week. I haven’t been able to get out to buy my yarn for this. Its crazy here… our yard is covered in 3-5ft of snow… and drifts are climbing to 8-10 ft tall. Roads are closed around us… the plows haven’t been down our country roads yet… because they are trying to clear the paved roads…………… :sigh

I dont mind being trapped in... we have plenty of food... games.. movies and such to keep us busy... but I wish I could have gotten my yarn for this ghan so I could be working on it.......... :(

um... where is my driveway:think

post-18634-135897494131_thumb.jpg

its twice this high now......

post-18634-135897494149_thumb.jpg

Hey, Sissie, it's Playful Primaries, from one of the Vanna White afghan books (sorry, can't remember which one right now). I'm using a yarn kit my Project Linus chapter gave me in 2009, and we just scheduled our Make a Blanket Day for 2010, so I want to get this finished. I'm using 3 purples and a white. It's not difficult, just time consuming because it's all single crochet, which just drags. I have half done, and need to get the other half done and then all the squares sewn together.

And I'd like to be cold! It's unseasonably warm here in the southwest--70 degrees Farenheit! That's almost 20 too warm. And it has nature all confused, and things are growing, and my allergies are bothering me 2 months ahead of schedule! Achoo!!

patty

what is your Make a blanket Day?

I am thinking you most be the only state not in the freezer! we are running 20 Degrees colder than normal! and looking at 11 tonight:eek

We faired really well last night, much better than I thought we would. As long as we don't lose power. We don't have a generator, so losing power for more than is a day is the only thing I really worry about.

IT is good to hear you came thought the night ok! did the repair man make it out there today?

Archived