Crochet Tree Of Life CAL

Shaylen

It's Red Heart, all I had in my stash :lol

Nothing wrong with red heart....that's what i would have used if they had the color i wanted.

GRRRRRRRR......i hate rev sc and there is 3 rows of it,one down 2 to go!!! :bang:thair:rant

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bookmarked this pattern - love the fact they finally have it in crochet. I might even use the yarn they recommend - it has a nice weight to it.

Love the pics I've seen!

I'm thinking maybe a lt. sage. And YES, I want to. :lol After the holidays I'll go get some yarn. :yes

Ly Sage would be very pretty to...im thinking about doing another one after this one in beige for my DD for her birthday in Feb....its really easy and it would make a great heirloom.

I bookmarked this pattern - love the fact they finally have it in crochet. I might even use the yarn they recommend - it has a nice weight to it.

Love the pics I've seen!

Hi Judy :hugI would have used the yarn called for if i wasn't allergic to wool and they do have great colors.

:cheer:cheer:cheer Yay....i am done with the divider section...thank goodness...i hate rev sc but i have to say that it looks lovely :lol

On to the flower section now.

TIP OF THE DAY-I got tired of unhooking my markers to move them up…then i had a light bulb come on over my head that said use hair clips…the little metal ones that spring open and close…i got the child size and they work great,now i can move them with one hand without removing my hook!So much easier!

I have a huge problem Ladies :thair I HATE,HATE,HATE the way the flowers look...they are bulky and just uggggg its a bunch of chains that you then hook to the body on the next row and it looks sick and nothing like the photo...did i mention that i HATE,HATE,HATE them???:rantJust wanted to be clear on that point. :rant

So i played around a bit (3 hours :eek )with some spare yarn to try and come up with my own flowers...my DH was sitting there going threw one of my crochet books when he got up for his nightly bowl of corn flakes and said"HAY Sewey(yes this is what he has called me for the last 30 years) do this basket weave...it will look like plowed fields between the trees and why would you have flowers when there are no leaves on the trees,it must be winter"I think my eyes bugged out and my jaw hit the floor because i didn't even know he was paying attention to me gripe and complain for the LAST 6 HOURS.

So i guess im going to give that a try and see what i think since he likes it.

You can go back to your regularly scheduled program now :lol .NO REALLY!!!!IM DONE NOW!!

Nothing wrong with red heart....that's what i would have used if they had the color i wanted.

GRRRRRRRR......i hate rev sc and there is 3 rows of it,one down 2 to go!!! :bang:thair:rant

It's not my favorite stitch either.

I have a huge problem Ladies :thair I HATE,HATE,HATE the way the flowers look...they are bulky and just uggggg its a bunch of chains that you then hook to the body on the next row and it looks sick and nothing like the photo...did i mention that i HATE,HATE,HATE them???:rantJust wanted to be clear on that point. :rant

So i played around a bit (3 hours :eek )with some spare yarn to try and come up with my own flowers...my DH was sitting there going threw one of my crochet books when he got up for his nightly bowl of corn flakes and said"HAY Sewey(yes this is what he has called me for the last 30 years) do this basket weave...it will look like plowed fields between the trees and why would you have flowers when there are no leaves on the trees,it must be winter"I think my eyes bugged out and my jaw hit the floor because i didn't even know he was paying attention to me gripe and complain for the LAST 6 HOURS.

You can go back to your regularly scheduled program now :lol .NO REALLY!!!!IM DONE NOW!!

Poor Shaylen. :hug That's a good idea from your DH. Be sure and let us know how it turns out.

:eek Oh No!!!! Really? Sounds like hubby had a great idea. Mine would have told me to tear it out and make something else. :lol Oh that's awful about the flowers. :( Hmmmm. Good luck, I can't wait to see what you do. :hug

I'm with you, I have to wait until the 1st of the year to order my yarn. I think I am going to get the Lion brand yarn, as recommended, but I am going with the color Wheat. Looks like an off/white with some dk brown fibers in it......kinda earthy.

sounds pretty, can't wait to see it:)

Morning all

Ok I'm jumping in...it will be a WIP until after the new year but oh well :)

I have 3 rows done so far and am loving it. It's being done in Aran.

Michelle

Aran is what I am using also:)

It's Red Heart, all I had in my stash :lol

Nothing wrong with red heart, that is what I am using

I always knew you married a great man!!

let me know how it looks

I will join after the first of the year. I've eyed the knitted version, but can't knit for the life of me and I've tried 3 times. And I hated that there wasn't a crochet version.

Shaylen, thanks for seeing the pattern and starting the CAL.

Yours looks fantastic.:clap

I can see what you and your hubby mean about the flowers in the center of the afghan. That may change on mine as well. Not sure what or if I'll change it, but probably.

I don't know what color, but probably Red Heart. The Walmart by me as a ton of color choices for Red Heart now. And pretty inexpensive, I figured about 9 skiens of RH (same yardage amount).

Debbi

Hi Debbi and welcome to the group :hug Cant wait to see what color you choose.By the way...i love your Sunflower blanket on your blog...very pretty!!

I think i have come up with my own flower...i have a book with different squares and i found one that looks like"WinterBerry's"So i modified it to fit my blanket...I love it and DH thought it was great...he figured out the number counts for me since im not that good at that part.

Oh.................. I wanna play!!!

I would love to make this ghan. I'll have to either get yarn while I'm on vacation here... or wait til I get home to start this. I hope you dont mind me being behind!

I just think this is so cool and would love to make it!

:heart

:mug

Oh.................. I wanna play!!!

I would love to make this ghan. I'll have to either get yarn while I'm on vacation here... or wait til I get home to start this. I hope you dont mind me being behind!

I just think this is so cool and would love to make it!

:lol There's still plenty of room in the sand box Tammy :rofl You can bring the Coffee....Hows the Beach???

Dont worry you are not behind..i just got a jump on the other Ladies because im making 2 of them(1 for my DD birthday in Feb)What color are you thinking??

:lol There's still plenty of room in the sand box Tammy :rofl You can bring the Coffee....Hows the Beach???

Dont worry you are not behind..i just got a jump on the other Ladies because im making 2 of them(1 for my DD birthday in Feb)What color are you thinking??

:yay I'm so glad I get to play along!

Oh................ I have plenty of :cup for all of us!

The beach is awesome!!! The boys have been having a blast. Today we all got some good sun on out skin.

hmmmm..... color........... I'm not quite sure... gonna start looking at my color wheel!

Merry Christmas all!

Back to bed for a few hours I go...it's only 1:30 am here :lol

Michelle

Merry Christmas to you to!!Im heading back to bed for a few hours to....my son is happy with his haul so i can sneak away!!

:2snowman:wreathMerry Christmas!!!:wreath:2snowman

I hope you all have a wonderful day! I'm listening to Christmas music and getting ready to make up a batch of blueberry waffles.

I wonder what this would look like done as a thread project? Hmmmm......

:clap

Merry Christmas to you all.

:yay Yay for online shopping. Got a gift card for JoAnn's so got my yarn ordered for this CAL. Can't wait to start hooking.

Shaylen, I am anxious to see what you finally decided to do for the middle section.

Will see you ladies later. Have a wonderful day!

:2snowman:wreathMerry Christmas!!!:wreath:2snowman

I hope you all have a wonderful day! I'm listening to Christmas music and getting ready to make up a batch of blueberry waffles.

I wonder what this would look like done as a thread project? Hmmmm......

Yummm...I love blueberry waffles....

I think it would look really pretty in thread and i think it would make the perfect size wall hanging :yes

:clap

Merry Christmas to you all.

:yay Yay for online shopping. Got a gift card for JoAnn's so got my yarn ordered for this CAL. Can't wait to start hooking.

Shaylen, I am anxious to see what you finally decided to do for the middle section.

Will see you ladies later. Have a wonderful day!

Yay :cheer yarn....what color did you chose??Im almost done with the flower section so will get a photo up soon.

I got a new camera for christmas so maybe the photos will be better!!

Ok Ladies i am done with the flower section...I really like how it turned out!!!I'm also trying to figure out my new camera so bare with me...i will try to take more when we have sun again :lol.This is layed out on my King size bed by the way!!

post-3370-135897489289_thumb.jpg

post-3370-135897489293_thumb.jpg

Ooooh Shaylen, I likeeee the center part. Will you share it with us when you get the chance?

The yarn I picked is Lion's wool-ease, color is wheat. Can't wait to get started.:yay

post-33556-135897489361_thumb.jpg

Ok Ladies i am done with the flower section...I really like how it turned out!!!I'm also trying to figure out my new camera so bare with me...i will try to take more when we have sun again :lol.This is layed out on my King size bed by the way!!

That's gorgeous, Shaylen. :cheer:yay:cheer

Ooooh Shaylen, I likeeee the center part. Will you share it with us when you get the chance?

The yarn I picked is Lion's wool-ease, color is wheat. Can't wait to get started.:yay

Oooo....I like that, Diane.

Oh Shalen that's gorgeous!!!! You did a marvelous job. Please share your flowers with us. They're spectacular! :clap:clap

Shay .........thats beautiful.

We're still here in Florida............ and will be for a few more days... so.............I need to hit TLY here again and get some yarn to start this ghan. :hook

Archived