Crochet Tree Of Life CAL

Shaylen

Trust me Tammy as slow as I am going you still have plenty of time!!

Oh……… :yay… I wont be alone working on this!

Its you and me sweetie!! J

:heart

:mug

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well……… at this rate… I will be starting my ‘ghan after you all are done!!! We are totally snow’d in and have been all week. I haven’t been able to get out to buy my yarn for this. Its crazy here… our yard is covered in 3-5ft of snow… and drifts are climbing to 8-10 ft tall. Roads are closed around us… the plows haven’t been down our country roads yet… because they are trying to clear the paved roads…………… :sigh

I dont mind being trapped in... we have plenty of food... games.. movies and such to keep us busy... but I wish I could have gotten my yarn for this ghan so I could be working on it.......... :(

um... where is my driveway:think

[ATTACH]14776[/ATTACH]

its twice this high now......

[ATTACH]14777[/ATTACH]

Its so pretty tho...i miss the snow sometimes....but i dont miss the being trapped.

You have lots of time...im working on other things to so im not rushing :devil

Trust me Tammy as slow as I am going you still have plenty of time!!

Thats for sure...she called me 3 times the other day whining because she had to rip it out and start again....then she called today whining because she HATES BPDC :D

Its so pretty tho...i miss the snow sometimes....but i dont miss the being trapped.

You have lots of time...im working on other things to so im not rushing :devil

Thats for sure...she called me 3 times the other day whining because she had to rip it out and start again....then she called today whining because she HATES BPDC :D

Oh.. I agree………Its just lovely out here!

But when I am in NEED of yarn… its not so pretty! LOL

Oh… good … I’m glad to hear that I wont be seriously behind!

LOL… poor sissie!!! J

I printed out the instructions this morning and dug out my thread. I will be making this using Clark's Big Ball 3 cord crochet thread, size 20 in new ecru. I'm planning on using a size 7 and 8 steel crochet hook. :lol:hook:lol Color me crazy.

IT is good to hear you came thought the night ok! did the repair man make it out there today?

No, not yet, should be working later today. The worst part is the bathroom stays about 50 degrees. :eek It's an older house, no outlets in the bathroom so we can't put a space heater in there very easily. Maybe run an extension cord, but it's best to keep the space heaters out where we're 'living'.

I printed out the instructions this morning and dug out my thread. I will be making this using Clark's Big Ball 3 cord crochet thread, size 20 in new ecru. I'm planning on using a size 7 and 8 steel crochet hook. :lol:hook:lol Color me crazy.

I cant wait to see that Linda...that should be really pretty not to mention alot of work :lol

ooooooooooh............ cant wait to see this one worked!

How pretty I bet it will be! :hook

I have finished 6 rows and have about 1/2 inch by about 18 inches to show for it. :lol :lol :lol At this point I'm having more trouble with the forward post stitches than I am with the back post stitches. For some reason they are easier for me to see on the back than the front. There are a couple of mistakes on the first row or two but I don't feel like undoing it to correct them. Hopefully they'll just look like a gnarly trunk base.

:yay WooHoo........... we made a run for it today! We went to church... to basketball games for the two younger boys and then to Michael's for YARN!!!! Did you hear me.............. YARN SHOPPING! :faint

Let me tell you though.. it was not the easiest drive out off our country roads to the pavement. The walls of snow were at their tallest 8-10 feet... and the path through was just wide enough for our van alone. No passing each other for about a week.

So.. I have my yarn to make my Tree of Life 'ghan. :yay

I also have yarn to make a "Hip to be Square" ghan. I'm working on it tonight because my eyes are tired and I want to have better lighting when I work on my Tree of Life 'ghan.

BUT I HAVE YARN.......................it felt good to get out for a bit today!

:yay WooHoo........... we made a run for it today! We went to church... to basketball games for the two younger boys and then to Michael's for YARN!!!! Did you hear me.............. YARN SHOPPING! :faint

Let me tell you though.. it was not the easiest drive out off our country roads to the pavement. The walls of snow were at their tallest 8-10 feet... and the path through was just wide enough for our van alone. No passing each other for about a week.

I also have yarn to make a "Hip to be Square" ghan. I'm working on it tonight because my eyes are tired and I want to have better lighting when I work on my Tree of Life 'ghan.

Yeah!!!

I have completed 10 rows of the pattern and have strip about an inch wide to show for it. :lol :lol I am liking the look of it in thread, but it's going to take a while because two rows is about all I can do at one time before my hands cramp up. And I have to take off my glasses so I can see what I'm doing, too.

Yay :cheerCant wait to see it done in the off white.Did you get started today??

Yeah!!!

I have completed 10 rows of the pattern and have strip about an inch wide to show for it. :lol :lol I am liking the look of it in thread, but it's going to take a while because two rows is about all I can do at one time before my hands cramp up. And I have to take off my glasses so I can see what I'm doing, too.

Linda...have you thought about getting those rubber grip things that slide onto the hooks??Cant wait to see it!!

IN THREAD!!:eek:eek what color crazy do I call you?:rofl

can't wait to see this!

I am now at row 35:cheer:cheer and yes sister I STILL!!! HATE THE BPDC but I am moving along:yes

will take another pic when I am done with this skein of yarn. thought that would be good times to do pic's at the end of each skein:yes

I am also tempted to do this afghan in thread. :lol I am doing another afghan in thread. Once I finish the afghan, I will see if I still want to do this one in thread. ;)

I might do it in DK weight yarn, I am not sure yet. I will know more when I am ready to do this afghan. :)

I am also tempted to do this afghan in thread. :lol I am doing another afghan in thread. Once I finish the afghan, I will see if I still want to do this one in thread. ;)

I might do it in DK weight yarn, I am not sure yet. I will know more when I am ready to do this afghan. :)

I have never thought of doing an afghan in thread but just might think it now:yes

which one are you doing now?

Linda...have you thought about getting those rubber grip things that slide onto the hooks??Cant wait to see it!!

Yup, I use them on all my little thread crochet hooks. They really, really help.

IN THREAD!!:eek:eek what color crazy do I call you?:rofl

can't wait to see this!

Totally and completely crazy. Any and every color! :lol :lol :lol

Yay :cheerCant wait to see it done in the off white.Did you get started today??

YEPPER........ I got it started.... I'm in the middle of the first set of trees!

I sure hope this turns out.... its such a pretty ghan!

I'm so excited............I'm actually working on it! :yay

I have never thought of doing an afghan in thread but just might think it now:yes

which one are you doing now?

I am doing the stitch sampler (or Lace and Bobbles) in thread size 10, natural color with steel hook 8. It will be one-solid color. I just start it this week. I like it so far. :hook

YEPPER........ I got it started.... I'm in the middle of the first set of trees!

I sure hope this turns out.... its such a pretty ghan!

I'm so excited............I'm actually working on it! :yay

can't wait to see your pic's!!

I am still on row 34 and am on hold till we get moved this week then I am back to it:yes I just do not want to be trying to work on it while moving do not want to get anything on it!!

can't wait to see your pic's!!

I am still on row 34 and am on hold till we get moved this week then I am back to it:yes I just do not want to be trying to work on it while moving do not want to get anything on it!!

Yes........... I need to get my pics posted!!!

You have a wonderful trip!!! We'll be waiting right here for ya! :hook

There is always coffee on at my house... grab a cup for the trip!! :mug

Okay.... here is a pic of my Tree of Life 'ghan .... I have a bit more done now... but wanted to get a pic posted mostly for encouragement.... (for myself and anyone else playing along) Its really a pretty simple pattern... just need to pay attention to where you're at. :hook Markers and row counters are a good thing to have while doing this 'ghan.

post-18634-135897497353_thumb.jpg

Okay.... here is a pic of my Tree of Life 'ghan .... I have a bit more done now... but wanted to get a pic posted mostly for encouragement.... (for myself and anyone else playing along) Its really a pretty simple pattern... just need to pay attention to where you're at. :hook Markers and row counters are a good thing to have while doing this 'ghan.

[ATTACH]15414[/ATTACH]

That's looking really good Tammy...i need to get back to mine...i had the second tree section almost done and realized i had a mistake and had to go back and rip it out so now i still have about half way to go on that.

Hi Tammy, it looks great so far, I am almost afraid to start this one. LOL

[ATTACH]15414[/ATTACH]

That's looking really good Tammy...i need to get back to mine...i had the second tree section almost done and realized i had a mistake and had to go back and rip it out so now i still have about half way to go on that.

Thanks Shay!!!

Oh man........... sorry to hear you had to rip some out!

I think I'm going to be changing the middle where the flowers are.

I'm not completely sure what I'm changing it too.. .but I have been playing around with my graph paper to put something there.

Hi Tammy, it looks great so far, I am almost afraid to start this one. LOL

Thanks so much!!

hehehe... its really an easy pattern. Just need to pay attention to the count. Thats why the stitch markers and counter are handy!!!

Archived