Crochet Tree Of Life CAL

Shaylen

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:hugThank you Tia!

I feel kinda silly now but here are some pics.. the one has my daughter Kaitlyn 4 (who just had to be in the picture).

[ATTACH]15867[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15868[/ATTACH]

Awesome...and Anak, great job on that square...

crazee_mb: why do you feel silly...your work is lovely.

Here's what I did it will probably become a pillow

NiYa :yarn

VERY NICE!!!

:hugThank you Tia!

I feel kinda silly now but here are some pics.. the one has my daughter Kaitlyn 4 (who just had to be in the picture).

[ATTACH]15867[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15868[/ATTACH]

Oh.......... thats coming along really nicely!!!

Now that my 9yr olds school project is over.. I can get back to work on my Tree of Life 'ghan.

:heart

:mug

So I was watching Sleepy Hallow with Johnny Depp and then Doctor Who with Christopher Ecclestine and working on the afghan tonight. I'm on row 24 and it's taking shape nicely. I want to keep working on it, however, it's 12:45 a.m. and my eyes are getting tired and I should get to bed.

So hope everyone else is doing good on their tree of life too...

got another 12 rows done...first row of trees are over half done. I am really liking this pattern.

Going to bed now...have a good sleep everyone.

got another 12 rows done...first row of trees are over half done. I am really liking this pattern.

Going to bed now...have a good sleep everyone.

You must of had some time on your hands to acomplish 12 rows! Are you doing it 3repeats wide or a different variation? eitherway thats amazing progress!

You must of had some time on your hands to acomplish 12 rows! Are you doing it 3repeats wide or a different variation? eitherway thats amazing progress!

I was doing other things through out the day while working on the 12... I'm doing the 3 repeats...

Well I don't think I'll be doing 12 rows tonight, or if I do, I'll probably be up until the wee hours...I've been busy all day and just haven't picked up the crocheting...but we'll see what happens after I get off the computer...

I hoping to get some done today! after taking my daughter to the Dr. yesterday and finding out she had strep throat and then also finding she gave it to ME!! I will have some time to crochet today! especially since they also cancelled the local schools and universities again and in my opinion over nothing more than slush and wet roads at this point! most people around here are in disbelief we are still out of school.

Monday I didn't get any crocheting done, but Tuesday I got another 12 rows done. I timed myself and it takes me about 2 hours to do 12 rows straight on, uninterrupted...the first row of trees are almost done...

I guess I'm the only one working on the afghan right now? Where is everyone???

Meanwhile...the first row of trees are done...I'm on the divider rows, but I do not like the pattern for that so I'm doing something different:

1. working on the WS: sc in first st; *treble in the next (will make like a bauble to be seen on the right side) sc in the next st and repeat from *

2. next row, sc across, ch 1 turn

3. sc in each of the next two st, *treble in the next, sc in next, repeat from * ending row with sc in each of last two st.

4. repeat row 2

5. repeat row 1

6 repeat row 2

Then carry on with the rest of pattern...(the middle section...)

Wow you're fast! :nworthy

Thanks Tia...I'm motivated too...this is going to go in my Tree House (my sewing/crochet/knit/craft room...)

I guess I'm the only one working on the afghan right now? Where is everyone???

Meanwhile...the first row of trees are done...I'm on the divider rows, but I do not like the pattern for that so I'm doing something different:

1. working on the WS: sc in first st; *treble in the next (will make like a bauble to be seen on the right side) sc in the next st and repeat from *

2. next row, sc across, ch 1 turn

3. sc in each of the next two st, *treble in the next, sc in next, repeat from * ending row with sc in each of last two st.

4. repeat row 2

5. repeat row 1

6 repeat row 2

Then carry on with the rest of pattern...(the middle section...)

I'm here!!!! My internet has been down since thursday morning!!! ugh!!

Any ways eurolyons I took your speedy work and did some of my own... I did 16 rows in one day! How? I still dont know!! hehe

So I finished the divider and I am fixing to start the flower pattern... little worried.:blush

I am also working on a small ghan as part of the CAPTIAN HOOK AND THE

YARN PIRATES... haha you should really check them out when you get a chance!

I'm here!!!! My internet has been down since thursday morning!!! ugh!!

Any ways eurolyons I took your speedy work and did some of my own... I did 16 rows in one day! How? I still dont know!! hehe

So I finished the divider and I am fixing to start the flower pattern... little worried.:blush

I am also working on a small ghan as part of the CAPTIAN HOOK AND THE

YARN PIRATES... haha you should really check them out when you get a chance!

I'm so glad you're here...I was starting to feel abandoned...lol

I am done with the flowers (not as hard as it appears, I promise...) and about to start the 2nd tree pattern...

I'm really liking this afghan and I'll check out that CAL you recommend...

see you there maybe! Can I see a pic of your work? I would love to see how your middle pattern turned out since you went with something different!

Thanks and keep on hookin!

see you there maybe! Can I see a pic of your work? I would love to see how your middle pattern turned out since you went with something different!

Thanks and keep on hookin!

Yeah, gimme a day or two and I'll post a pic...

Yeah, gimme a day or two and I'll post a pic...

Thank you that would be awesome! I will probably post a pic in a day or two myself since I'm thru the first set of trees...

Oohhh I also am starting to like this pattern it tends to have very addicting properties! Lol:hook

Thank you that would be awesome! I will probably post a pic in a day or two myself since I'm thru the first set of trees...

Oohhh I also am starting to like this pattern it tends to have very addicting properties! Lol:hook

This is true...I can hardly wait to be finished with it (not because I'm not enjoying making it though) so I can put it in my "Tree House..."

Just checking in cause I haven't heard much lately... eurolyons how's your ghan progressing? I actually haven't picked it back up but plan to work on it today for a little since the university and local school classes were cancelled to due the snow/ice.

Just checking in cause I haven't heard much lately... eurolyons how's your ghan progressing? I actually haven't picked it back up but plan to work on it today for a little since the university and local school classes were cancelled to due the snow/ice.

I kinda hit the wall over the weekend and stayed in bed (not sick or anything, just tired) most of the weekend...I did work on the afghan most of Saturday, but didn't work on it yesterday. I will be taking pics of it and posting it later today. I'm trying to catch up on things around here that didn't get done last week.

I hope you are staying warm and didn't lose your power or anything. Last Christmas I was snowed in for 2 weeks...this year we have had no snow except for the mountains...

Meanwhile, my poor husband is working in Washington, D.C. and living in Centreville, VA and he has had nothing but snow. He apparently drove into work today...and I'm praying he'll be alright.

Only two more months and a week or so to go and we don't have to be apart like this any more (he's been on the East Coast a year...but this part of our adventure is almost over...thank God.)

I can imagine how you feel with your husband not around. I have been lucky enough that my DH is always nearby for the most part...even extra lucky that he got a major promotion that normally requires relocating and we are still here in the same town...Which is nice for me since my mom, dad, ans sister are all still here too. I dont know what I would do in your situation especially since my DD is 4 and my DS is 15mths.

so far we have about 3 inches.. we are supposed to get close to 10 inches b4 morning..yea! oh well i have my coffee and hook in hand... I will survive just fine lol. As for my kids and DH they will be bouncing off the walls in no time at all.

Archived