'Multicoloured is an understatement' afghan

moggy

Here is an afghan I have just finished using a very multicoloured yarn (Monet by Elle) which I found on sale at my LYS - half price at £2 per 100g ball - yay! There are 10 balls in this one, just done as one enormous granny square - I needed something to do without thinking in front of the TV!! I used a 6.5mm hook. It's for our spare room which is black and white so I thought it could do with an injection of colour with a bed throw :clap

From a distance it looks grey...

post-19016-135897469534_thumb.jpg

Close up you can see the colours...

post-19016-135897469547_thumb.jpg

Look who found it.... "Meeee?????"

post-19016-135897469545_thumb.jpg

Your multicolored afghan turned out beautifully! I love the fact that it appears to go from a conservative "gray" tone to such a party of color as you close in on it, looking so soft and cuddly from either perspective... Oh, and handsome cat sure seems to approve. Nicely done!

Your granny afghan is beautiful. I love the optical illusion it creates. When you look at it from a distance it looks gray; but when you get close to it, you see a rainbow of gorgeous colors. I agree with everyone else it does look like a very snuggly afghan. I just don't know if the cat would allow you to snuggle with it in the afghan. I love the picture of the cat sitting on the afghan. He has such a possessive look to him like he is the "owner" of this afghan and you have his permission to use it.

DH would go NUTS over your guitars! What kind are they? They're beautiful, too!

The one on the right is a Fender, the one in the case is a Gibson, the one on the left is a Washburn and the two in the middle my DH2B built himself - he's a clever chappie :manyheart

He has such a possessive look to him like he is the "owner" of this afghan and you have his permission to use it.

That's what she thinks - I have other ideas, it's now in the spare room which is a cat free zone :devil:yes:lol (She does have her own small granny blanket all to herself in her basket :c9)

Archived