Another bead work rope necklace (crocheted)

DEMET

I made this one recently by using very tiny glass seed beads, I placed crystals and gold colored metal pieces at hangind point. It is 38 inches (I think) and no connection parts. I really love the way it turned out, most difficult part was placing gold colored beads in order, before crocheting them.

Pictures:

Demet

post-6243-13589746899_thumb.jpg

post-6243-135897468993_thumb.jpg

To quote my boyfriend OMG! :) Also from me WOW I can crochet with beads but I think your work is WAY beyond me,do you use a bead spinner to get your beads on the thread or do you string by hand?

To quote my boyfriend OMG! :) Also from me WOW I can crochet with beads but I think your work is WAY beyond me,do you use a bead spinner to get your beads on the thread or do you string by hand?

Thank you, I dont use bid spinner, I dont even know what it is :)

I use bead needle to transfer the beads from hank to the thread, kind of poking needle in to begining of hank (middle of thread beads are on) and take the needle off so all beads can go from hank to thread, like extention. I know I may not make sense. I think it is called Russion style of extention!?

Demet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's beautiful.

I make Bead Cord too, and I found some wire needles with collapseable (hmmm.. spelling?) eyes that makes the the threading easier. I often use beads size 15" and the threading is definitely the hardest part.

Can anyone tell what a bead spinner is?

It's beautiful.

I make Bead Cord too, and I found some wire needles with collapseable (hmmm.. spelling?) eyes that makes the the threading easier. I often use beads size 15" and the threading is definitely the hardest part.

Can anyone tell what a bead spinner is?

http://www.7beads.com/info/beadspinnerinfo.htm

I found this link that shows what bead spinner is, I never used them.I use safety pin !!!! to hold them together as hanks after I transfer the beads to thread that I work. Yes, I agree transfering bead is the hardest thing when you crocet with beads.

Demet

http://www.7beads.com/info/beadspinnerinfo.htm

I found this link that shows what bead spinner is, I never used them.I use safety pin !!!! to hold them together as hanks after I transfer the beads to thread that I work. Yes, I agree transfering bead is the hardest thing when you crocet with beads.

Demet

Thanks for that link, even though I actually can't understand how it works :lol

I suppose you can't use a bead spinner for Bead Cord, as you thread the beads in a specific order.

• 1 month later...

Archived