2 scarves made with sock yarn

smokeyp81

Love both of your scarves I always wonder if possible to use sock yarn other than socks they always have such beautiful color combinations. Nice to see that they came out with a crochet version of feather and fan pattern used it many times in knitting. Thank you for the site I will have to try that scarf.

Wow!! Awesome looking scarves!! How much yarn did you use for the first scarf?? (I love some of the colors of the sock yarn, but it is a bit pricey for me!!)

Wow!! Awesome looking scarves!! How much yarn did you use for the first scarf?? (I love some of the colors of the sock yarn, but it is a bit pricey for me!!)

The first one took one skein of the Noro sock yarn, and the second took 2 skeins of the Red Heart. The Noro yarn is pricey($18), but you just can't beat the colorways of any Noro yarn.

The first one took one skein of the Noro sock yarn, and the second took 2 skeins of the Red Heart. The Noro yarn is pricey($18), but you just can't beat the colorways of any Noro yarn.

That Noro yarn seems to be so beautiful!! I always "drool" when I see items made with this yarn!! And your scarf sure is beautiful!!

Lovely scarves (my favourite is the 2nd one), and thank you for sharing the patterns - I've favourited the 2nd one for a future project :)

I'm also making a scarf from sock yarn, it's fun isn't it? I found some on sale and snapped it up!

• 2 weeks later...

Those are just gorgeous!! I have made a couple scarves myself with sock yarn, and they turned out really nice. Love those patterns too, thanks for sharing them.

I'll just have to give that ol' hook a whirl...

Archived