What do you call it?

I'm just wondering what everyone here calls it? Do you classify your crocheting as a hobby, an obsession, or a lifestyle? I suppose that I would have an obsessive hobby lifestyle :lol. At least that's what dh calls it :D.

I have OCD: obsessive crochet disorder! When I learn to do something new, I just crochet it NONSTOP for weeks or months! I think I've just invented a really easy and cute baby sock pattern, so I'm writing this with SEVEN baby socks scattered around the laptop - I just can't stop! :lol

ALL of the above! I do a few other arts like painting and beading but I always gravitate back as soon as I am finished. DH does not complain. Even when I am always shushing him so I can finish counting. He says that he is glad it keeps me busy and have something I enjoy so much. :P:hook

All of the above and then some. When I got bored I'd read then fall asleep. It also kept me from biting my fingernails :lol. If I'm ever without my "knitty ditty" bag, my family/friends would think something's wrong. Instead of hello, it's "what are you making now". :lol.

Ellie 13

It's more of a passionate hobby for me, bordering obsession. It comes in spurts though. Sometimes all I can think and do is crochet, and then sometimes I can go a couple of months without touching a single project.

Comment:

"I'm just wondering what everyone here calls it? Do you classify your crocheting as a hobby, an obsession, or a lifestyle?"

For me it is all of the above. :yes

Obsession - I crochet every day. I crochet in the car, at my desk, at baseball games and with my chihuhua in my lap. You would be amazed at what a conversation generator it is.

Lifestyle and hobby- I love to try new techniques and patterns, once I've learned and they are finished, I give them away. There is no better feeling in the world than having someone really admire your work, and they instantly become the receipient. I LOVE to make people happy! :c9

Well said Stronak. I too am always crocheting. We are getting ready to take a trip to Cape Cod and my crocheting bag will be in the front seat at my feet! Thanks to the GPS my dh doesn't need my help with directions!

Archived