Red Heart 12 weeks of Christmas

I did a quick search on this, and didn't find a thread started on it. If there is, feel free to delete this one...

Any way, I received this link in an e-mail from Red Heart. 12 patterns, one a week from now until Christmas.

http://www.redheart.com/TheTwelveWeeksofChristmas/tabid/242/Default.aspx

Only a week to complete the granny square throw? They are Dreaming!!!

I thought the same thing! It would take me a week to make a couple of those place mats! :lol

Only a week to complete the granny square throw? They are Dreaming!!!

No doubt! It would most likely take me 2 years, that seems about my average for getting a blanket done! =) Okay I am not that bad, but I do get bored with them and set them aside and do smaller things until the urge strikes again, so they do take a long, long time.

:ty for sharing the website. I agree with the others - just one week to make the afghan. No way!!!! Not only do you have to make all the squares but join them also. What were they thinking? I mean some of us have jobs, go to school, raise children, take care of a home, etc. It's not probable that we could do all of that and make the afghan in one week also. It is a gorgeous afghan though.

I also love the placemats. But I must admit when I first saw them they reminded me of an Alfred Hitchcock movie. I'm not sure which one but maybe "Suspicion" or maybe "Vertigo." I also thought you could make them up using patriotic colors (red, white,and blue) and then you would have the perfect decoration for the Fourth. Again, :ty for sharing.

Thanks for the website link. I might try it for next year. I already have two things started for Christmas Gifts, a Travelgahn which I want to make two of them and a pleated purse which I also want to make two of and both patterns that I got from 'Ville members (Thank you very much). I'm sure the recipients will like them. I will post them when I am completed. If I get done with these ahead of time, I will work on some of them for next year.

I think they were thinking that you could spend the 12 weeks (if needed) to make the afghan. That was why it was first :rofl

These seem to be "featured" items rather than new ones. I made a blankie with the placemat pattern a while back. I like this set up though. I should go and see if Drops is doing this for this year. I'll get back to you if they do :wlol

Thanks for sharing :) I need to make the place setting so my paper plates won't stick to the table :lol We're a very sophisticated family :lol

Shoot, I don't blame you! I know I'm not trying to wash all the dishes and pots and pans from cooking and eating that humungous meal!!! :devil

Thanks for sharing :) I need to make the place setting so my paper plates won't stick to the table :lol We're a very sophisticated family :lol

Ah, the good china is coming out! Chinette or Dixie? :lol

I like that few weeks before Christmas, they'll feature items that (in their words) "you can complete quickly for last minute gift-giving." :gift

However, knowing my luck, they'll still allow one week for projects that would normally take me two weeks to complete. :help

I am working on a Christmas present from the Red Heart web site that they are allowing a year to complete... the "Crochet World With Love" afghan. http://www.redheart.com/tabid/204/Default.aspx A heart afghan square a month for a year. DD saw the finished afghan in last Christmas's Crochet World magazine and immediately asked for it for the following Christmas.

At least, I know I can pace myself getting the afghan done before Christmas. And I'm only two months behind. :ohdear

Archived