Thank you!: Ornament/Squares for a Homecoming Soldier -Thank you!!

quietheart

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been sitting here trying to think of how to make an ornament that represents NJ :thinksince I want to crochet one. I really am not good without a pattern and I've never seen a NJ ornament so this should be interesting:lol

You could always do New Jersey or even just NJ in filet crochet an then do like a snowflake around it or something. I think I may try to get one worked up for Florida like that. If I get it done well enough to get it mailed in time, I will get the address info. I don't want to commit though because I tend to work at a very sporadic and slow pace.

Kath, thank you for the picture of your handsome son. It gave me a lump in the throat and it made making the ornament very special.

Tam, you are so fast:hyper I'm still trying to decide what I want to make:lol

I got one ornament ordered today and I am still going back and forth on making one and or a square as well. I found a really cool site that you can find the branches of the military and have their name and rank engraved on an ornament that would be pretty cool I think. I may get one for my brother. Here is the link if any one wants to check it out. Oh Thanks for posting the picture of your son. so young.

http://www.personalizationmall.com/United-States-Army-Personalized-Christmas-Ornaments-i24589.item?productid=7753&storeid=9&categoryid=1103&did=14760&utm_source=shopping_com&utm_medium=cpc

Kath, thank you for the picture of your handsome son. It gave me a lump in the throat and it made making the ornament very special.

Tam, you are so fast:hyper I'm still trying to decide what I want to make:lol

That's ok the fast folks can make more than one since we don't have all states covered. *giggle* Just kidding! :clap

Folks are busy this time of year with their own Christmas things!

I got one ornament ordered today and I am still going back and forth on making one and or a square as well. I found a really cool site that you can find the branches of the military and have their name and rank engraved on an ornament that would be pretty cool I think. I may get one for my brother. Here is the link if any one wants to check it out. Oh Thanks for posting the picture of your son. so young.

http://www.personalizationmall.com/United-States-Army-Personalized-Christmas-Ornaments-i24589.item?productid=7753&storeid=9&categoryid=1103&did=14760&utm_source=shopping_com&utm_medium=cpc

Those are neat! Thank you for sharing the link!

Yeah he is young, he turned 20 last July. But he isn't the youngest , not even close :/

Hugs

Kath

PSST..I have a GORGEOUS 17 year old dd..She'll be 18 in July..:) j/k

He's a cutie..And what a CELEBRATION it'll be...

ROFL! You near North Carolina? If not thats where he will be for at least next year lol

Yes! I am getting more and more excited every day.

He is 28 days from leaving Iraq!!! ,he will then be in kuwait approximately a week, then to the US. But they make them stay together for at least a month after coming back the states. No leave etc. But his leave is december12th to come home, home!

But I will be very glad when he is out of Iraq!

Hugs

Kath

I just found out about this and have already PM'd Kath. I've been racking my brain trying to think of something to represent my state too. Then it dawned on me....use the state bird, animal, tree, flower, etc. to represent your state. So now I'm off to do a little research.

Well, that was fun and a learning experience! I just Googled Connecticut state symobls and came up with some good ideas to make an ornament. I've always known what the state flower & bird was, but had no idea garnet was the state gem. See? Learn something new every day.

I just found out about this and have already PM'd Kath. I've been racking my brain trying to think of something to represent my state too. Then it dawned on me....use the state bird, animal, tree, flower, etc. to represent your state. So now I'm off to do a little research.

Well, that was fun and a learning experience! I just Googled Connecticut state symobls and came up with some good ideas to make an ornament. I've always known what the state flower & bird was, but had no idea garnet was the state gem. See? Learn something new every day.

Awesome Ideas!

Well, my thread arrived today so now I'm waiting for the pattern to come. Thank goodness you have allowed plenty of time.

The hubby and I are off this weekend to pick up the special ornament that goes along with my harebrained idea of an ornament. :lol

How is everyone else coming along? :hook

Well, my thread arrived today so now I'm waiting for the pattern to come. Thank goodness you have allowed plenty of time.

The hubby and I are off this weekend to pick up the special ornament that goes along with my harebrained idea of an ornament. :lol

How is everyone else coming along? :hook

:cheer I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! lol

My mom went on a girls only weekend to New Orleans this past weekend. She picked up an ornament there for me. I can't wait to see what she found. I want to crochet an ornament to go with it and will probably throw in a few Louisiana related goodies.

This was such a good idea. I am sure your son will be surprised and thrilled.

:yay........ I have the ornament 98% done............... :hook

:heart

:mug

I hope we get to see! But I would understand if you want to keep it a surprise for Quietheart as well. :hug

Sure Nicolep! It's fine! crochet ones are preferred obviously, but if you can find something you really like, thats awesome too!

Hugs

Kath

I really want to make a checkered flag (Indianapolis being the racing capital of the world), but I just don't know if i can work it out in thread. I'm going to try out entrelac this weekend...not sure if it's going to work in thread though. We'll see!

I really want to make a checkered flag (Indianapolis being the racing capital of the world), but I just don't know if i can work it out in thread. I'm going to try out entrelac this weekend...not sure if it's going to work in thread though. We'll see!

Oh how cool! Hope it works for you!

Archived