Thank you!: Ornament/Squares for a Homecoming Soldier -Thank you!!

quietheart

I haven't put Ohio in the mail yet, but hope to by next weekend. I'll

PM you when it goes and I hope he beats the package to your house!

Thanks Becky! He gets here Dec12, so you have time! :)

He is in the US, in NC. They have to stay there together to do medical checks, and reintegrate to the real world for about a month. So you have time! :)

Hugs

Kath

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are all the states taken??? And has anyone done anything that just says "USA" on it???

I would have loved to have participated in this project, but if all are taken even "USA" then I won't worry about it, but I just want to say.....

thank God for people like your son and "I luv the military" and thank them for all they've done for me.

They aren't all taken. The list is in the first post at the bottom. We have 16 states left. So you can pick a state or 2, or do USA, all of that would be great. Just send me a PM with what you want to do so I can add you to the list in the first post.

Hugs

Kath

I promise I will get a NJ ornament to you, but what I still don't know. I just seem to be having a difficult time for some reason making an ornament I like. I've frogged 4 times already since I didn't like anything I was doing. Oh well, back to the drawing board. It will be there, that I promise. I'm also making him a square and that's no issue since I know which one I will be doing, just have to decide the color. Lately, everything I do I seem to frog and start again. Not quite sure what's up with me lately.

Have you received the ornaments from me yet? I would have thought they would have made it by now. Let me know! Thanks

No Nicole , not yet. Our mail doenst get here until 4-5pm in the afternoon, so it maybe here today, but I won't know until later.

Also we had a holiday Last week, Veterans day, so that may have delayed mail too. We also do not have mail delivery on Saturday.

I will let you know if they get here today!

Hugs

Kath

I promise I will get a NJ ornament to you, but what I still don't know. I just seem to be having a difficult time for some reason making an ornament I like. I've frogged 4 times already since I didn't like anything I was doing. Oh well, back to the drawing board. It will be there, that I promise. I'm also making him a square and that's no issue since I know which one I will be doing, just have to decide the color. Lately, everything I do I seem to frog and start again. Not quite sure what's up with me lately.

I totally understand Pat, Ive had the same problem lately. I get half way thorugh something and decide I dont like it and frog it LOL Must be in the air!

Hugs

Kath

I've already told quietheart what I'm going to make........

I'm going to do a glass ball ornament and paint his insignia for his division on it and the USA flag on the other side.

It won't be crocheted but I couldn't think of anything to crochet and I like to paint anyway, so I thought I could do that.

I might, though, try to crochet a little cover or a "collar" to place over the top of the ball before you hang it on the tree.

I could do that in a patriotic color or just plain white.......not sure yet.

I'm excited to be able to do this.....sounds like alot of fun!!

Quietheart.................you have to take pics, and post them ya know!!!

So's we all can see!!!

Just wanted to check in and let you know i'm still on board! We've had some drama over here ( what else is new...) so I haven't been on the boards the last couple of weeks... I'll be out at the Christmas store tomorrow! :)

I hate drama, so I can relate! I think Im allergic to strife lol

Thanks for checking in!

Hugs

Kath

Just wanted to check in and let you know i'm still on board! We've had some drama over here ( what else is new...) so I haven't been on the boards the last couple of weeks... I'll be out at the Christmas store tomorrow! :)

Well after starting several different ideas and frogging them I think I finally found something that represents NJ. Since we have the best tomatoes in the world and we are the "garden state" I decided to make a tomato and I added a string of beads that say "New Jersey" so I hope it's ok. I am also sending a 12" square for you.

My honey will mail it tomorrow so it's on the way. Thank you for letting me be part of this and please thank Michael for me and my family.

Well after starting several different ideas and frogging them I think I finally found something that represents NJ. Since we have the best tomatoes in the world and we are the "garden state" I decided to make a tomato and I added a string of beads that say "New Jersey" so I hope it's ok. I am also sending a 12" square for you.

My honey will mail it tomorrow so it's on the way. Thank you for letting me be part of this and please thank Michael for me and my family.

Woot! Thank you so much Pat! You are awesome!!!

Hugs

Kath

Virginia's ornament and square arrived yesterday! Thank you so much EMTPixie! Both are just beautiful. Everytime I get one , I am amazed at how much thought , effort and time everyone is putting into all these.

We will get pics when he gets home to see them! so Everyone can see the beautiful things.

But here is a reminder for everyone, please , somewhere on the outside, or inside put a note that isnt in something sealed up, put the state its for (some people took states that werent were you live so i cant assume your return address is the right state), or your Ville nickname, so I don't have to open sealed envelopes etc to find out who it is from *Giggle*

These are for him, not me, and I want to preserve as much as possible everything you sent including envelopes intact.

Hugs

Kath

Archived