Thank you!: Ornament/Squares for a Homecoming Soldier -Thank you!!

quietheart

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you sure you want 12" squares for the afghan? I got to thinking, if you get one from all 50 states that will make a 600" afghan WITHOUT edging!! :eek I know it will be quicker to put together 12" squares, but it will make an afghan big enough to wrap his whole barracks in! :rofl I am starting the ornament first, so let me know about the afghan squares. :hook

I've been sitting here trying to think of how to make an ornament that represents NJ :thinksince I want to crochet one. I really am not good without a pattern and I've never seen a NJ ornament so this should be interesting:lol

seashell(shore), coins(atlantic city),fish(aquarium) or state symbols.:think

NiYa :yarn

If no one has claimed them Maryland and Pennslyvannia(yes i know I grew up there and still can't spell the name of the state :) That's why I don't teach English. I will pm you.

NiYa :yarn

Are you sure you want 12" squares for the afghan? I got to thinking, if you get one from all 50 states that will make a 600" afghan WITHOUT edging!! :eek I know it will be quicker to put together 12" squares, but it will make an afghan big enough to wrap his whole barracks in! :rofl I am starting the ornament first, so let me know about the afghan squares. :hook

heh I am sure only a few will make 12 in squares instead of/with the ornament lol So it wont be 50! He is 6ft4, so if we get 24 which will cover him I will be amazingly surprised. The squares were just an afterthought incase people didn't want to make an ornament for some reason, or if wanted to do that too. It is not a big deal :)

Alright, a 12" square it is then :). Be looking for the square and the ornament sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving. :hook

heh I am sure only a few will make 12 in squares instead of/with the ornament lol So it wont be 50! He is 6ft4, so if we get 24 which will cover him I will be amazingly surprised. The squares were just an afterthought incase people didn't want to make an ornament for some reason, or if wanted to do that too. It is not a big deal :)

:woo I'm doin' a happy dance........ I have the ornament done and the square 90% done................ :hook!!!

how soon do you want these sent?

:heart

:mug

:think I'm not sure how accurately i'll be able to shape an apple? So I may just purchase one of the quadrillion I :heart NY ornaments there are in this state... however, I WILL be making a 12 inch square.... :yes

:woo I'm doin' a happy dance........ I have the ornament done and the square 90% done................ :hook!!!

how soon do you want these sent?

If you mail by Dec 12th they will arrive in Time for christmas Im told, so shoot for on or before dec12th :)

And you can take more than state if you want lol

Hugs

Kath

:think I'm not sure how accurately i'll be able to shape an apple? So I may just purchase one of the quadrillion I :heart NY ornaments there are in this state... however, I WILL be making a 12 inch square.... :yes

Whatever you want to do is absolutely fine!

Hugs

Kath

If you mail by Dec 12th they will arrive in Time for christmas Im told, so shoot for on or before dec12th :)

And you can take more than state if you want lol

Hugs

Kath

hmm... okay.......... so let me ask a dumb question.

are these going to HIM.. or YOU? Cuz' I got to thinking... if they are going directly to Him.. then what would he do with a square.. hehehehhe

and how weird would it be to get a Christmas ornament in October? :lol

hmm... okay.......... so let me ask a dumb question.

are these going to HIM.. or YOU? Cuz' I got to thinking... if they are going directly to Him.. then what would he do with a square.. hehehehhe

and how weird would it be to get a Christmas ornament in October? :lol

Ok, I just explained this in PM but I will explain it here too! :)

The addy I gave is his home address which is with me. So the addy is for both of us. He will be here for a month over Christmas. So I gave everyone his name and Addy to mail them here so he can have them for Christmas. He normally lives in a Barracks, but no one is there for christmas so no use mailing them to his barracks. That and he doesnt even have a barracks address yet even if they were going to be there, he is in Iraq heh

So the address is for both of us :)

Hope that clears it up!

Ok, I just explained this in PM but I will explain it here too! :)

The addy I gave is his home address which is with me. So the addy is for both of us. He will be here for a month over Christmas. So I gave everyone his name and Addy to mail them here so he can have them for Christmas. He normally lives in a Barracks, but no one is there for christmas so no use mailing them to his barracks. That and he doesnt even have a barracks address yet even if they were going to be there, he is in Iraq heh

So the address is for both of us :)

Hope that clears it up!

Whew............. thanks!

I'm good now!

sorry for the trouble!

OH, btw, that is him in my icon picture with the Army Blanket I made for him last year.

But just incase you want to see him up closer here are two other pics of him.

One taken right before he left for Iraq, and one taken a month or so ago while in Iraq.

Just so you know who you are making them for :)

Hugs

Kath

post-12343-135897457233_thumb.jpg

post-12343-135897457236_thumb.jpg

Whew............. thanks!

I'm good now!

sorry for the trouble!

It is no trouble at all hon! Im glad people ask stuff because I am sure I did not include all the info youd need and this way I make sure I didnt miss something!

Hugs

Kath

OH, btw, that is him in my icon picture with the Army Blanket I made for him last year.

But just incase you want to see him up closer here are two other pics of him.

One taken right before he left for Iraq, and one taken a month or so ago while in Iraq.

Just so you know who you are making them for :)

Hugs

Kath

Praise God for your son!!!

Thank you for sharing those pictures! I cant even begin to explain how seeing his face makes me feel! God Bless him... God Bless you Kath!

I hope I get to see my son at Christmas!!!! :manyheart

Praise God for your son!!!

Thank you for sharing those pictures! I cant even begin to explain how seeing his face makes me feel! God Bless him... God Bless you Kath!

I hope I get to see my son at Christmas!!!! :manyheart

I hope you do too!! We didn't get to see him last year for any holidays, so I am SOOOO Looking forward to getting my hands on my baby boy rofl

Its been a LOOOOOOOONG year!

Hugs

Kath

Archived