Thank you!: Ornament/Squares for a Homecoming Soldier -Thank you!!

quietheart

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Virginia's ornament and square arrived yesterday! Thank you so much EMTPixie! Both are just beautiful. Everytime I get one , I am amazed at how much thought , effort and time everyone is putting into all these.

We will get pics when he gets home to see them! so Everyone can see the beautiful things.

But here is a reminder for everyone, please , somewhere on the outside, or inside put a note that isnt in something sealed up, put the state its for (some people took states that werent were you live so i cant assume your return address is the right state), or your Ville nickname, so I don't have to open sealed envelopes etc to find out who it is from *Giggle*

These are for him, not me, and I want to preserve as much as possible everything you sent including envelopes intact.

Hugs

Kath

OOPS!! Sorry about that Kath! I sent a card in the box, but I sealed it! Just habit I guess. :lol I can tell you that the inside of the card explains what the square and ornament represent. The square represents Jamestown as well as the Chesapeake Bay and the ornament has as cardinal in it because it is Virginia's State Bird. Hope that helps you out. I'm glad you like the square and ornament, it was an honor to make it for your son. I know the VA on the square isn't very good, I haven't gotten great at lettering yet, LOL. Please feel free to "fix" it, I'm sure you know how to do that much better than I do. Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

:hug

OOPS!! Sorry about that Kath! I sent a card in the box, but I sealed it! Just habit I guess. :lol I can tell you that the inside of the card explains what the square and ornament represent. The square represents Jamestown as well as the Chesapeake Bay and the ornament has as cardinal in it because it is Virginia's State Bird. Hope that helps you out. I'm glad you like the square and ornament, it was an honor to make it for your son. I know the VA on the square isn't very good, I haven't gotten great at lettering yet, LOL. Please feel free to "fix" it, I'm sure you know how to do that much better than I do. Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

:hug

Dont be silly! It's gorgeous and perfect! It just took me a few minutes to track down who it was from LOL

Hugs

Kath

I forgot to include the card...:think so mine will be from michigan in a plain brown envelope. im sure you can figure it out. just please tell him thanks for what he has done for this country.

and its official I will soon be a MIL to a marine.

I forgot to include the card...:think so mine will be from michigan in a plain brown envelope. im sure you can figure it out. just please tell him thanks for what he has done for this country.

and its official I will soon be a MIL to a marine.

Thanks! And Congrats to you and your daughter!

Hugs

Kath

:woo MD, PA, and the District of Columbia are done. Alaska should be finished by monday. I am in the middle of another large project that I need for tomorrow. Will put my ornaments in the mail this week.

NiYa :yarn

Recieved Michigan's ornament! Thank you Tonyal!

It is *The* most adorable mitten! Can I ask where you got the pattern?

Hugs

Kath

i pm'd you the pattern, but here it is if anyone else wants it . it was very easy to make

i guess it goes under the not allowed ones.

:woo I just finished Alaska now to resist the urge to pull it out and restart as it came out a little bit smaller than I planned. I had just enough floss left overfrom a previou project to complete it. Must go through the stash and see if I have more of that color dmc floss if so I might be able to just add onto it. Will see

NiYa :yarn

Archived