Thank you!: Ornament/Squares for a Homecoming Soldier -Thank you!!

quietheart

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm about halfway through the "baer". :lol

I hope you all can provide some counseling for me. I frogged the lettering four times and eventually moved along. I just could not get it to look good. I may try to single crochet the lettering on top of the flag. Do you think it will work? :idea:badidea

Dawn, I loved the ornament you chose. Have you changed your

mind? :lol

The real question as we close in on December is how are YOU doing Kath? You must be getting excited.

I'm about halfway through the "baer". :lol

I hope you all can provide some counseling for me. I frogged the lettering four times and eventually moved along. I just could not get it to look good. I may try to single crochet the lettering on top of the flag. Do you think it will work? :idea:badidea

Dawn, I loved the ornament you chose. Have you changed your

mind? :lol

The real question as we close in on December is how are YOU doing Kath? You must be getting excited.

You could sc the lettering on the top , that might work. Id try it and see what you think.

I am getting excited!!!!! LOL

He will be "out of danger" sometime in the next few days and begin his journey to the US, then he will stay on base for 30 days before I get my hands on him in Dec. He is already requesting foods rofl

Does he have a favorite snack or something that he can't get his hands on when he's gone. Or is there something he is always needing when he's stationed? If I'm sending a box I may as well really send a box! :hook

Does he have a favorite snack or something that he can't get his hands on when he's gone. Or is there something he is always needing when he's stationed? If I'm sending a box I may as well really send a box! :hook

LOL a few months ago I would have told you yes, anything!!

They were very low on food supplies for a long time. He was living on our weekly boxes when mail got through.

But now mail has stopped as he is on his way back to the US.

He loves beef jerkey and anything spicey lol So if you want to stuff some snacks in there for him to have once home side thats fine, but not necessary lol

He basically loves any food period, he is a 20 year old kid lol

Maryland is done and I bought the thread for PA I didn't like the one I had before so I hope to have both in the mail this weekend or monday at the latest

NiYa :yarn

I'm here, but I have taken apart several ornaments I started and have decided to make the 12" square first. I will have that ornament to you on time. Can't say what it might look like.:lol

I finished the ornaments for PA and MD. I finally got that PA one to look right last night. :woo And I just thought about something did we include Washington DC in this process? NiYa :yarn

I finished the ornaments for PA and MD. I finally got that PA one to look right last night. :woo And I just thought about something did we include Washington DC in this process? NiYa :yarn

We talkd about it in an earlier post and if someone wanted to do DC that would be fine, I will be happy if we get states first though and then worry about DC, puerto rico, virgin islands etc. But I havent gotten any email asking for DC from that convo.

Hugs

Kath

got MI done. yep...its a mitten. :D looks just like michigan if i do say so myself. i just couldnt think of anything else to do. it will go out hopefully this week.

LOL Awesome! Thanks so much!

He isn't in the US yet but he is headed this way!

I can almost smell cookies and dirt!

Hugs

Kath

Sharing his latest picture. It was taken right after his last patrol for this years deployment. Had been a long night...

I was shocked at how grown up he looks and wondered where my little boy I sent to Iraq went....

God Bless him!:hug

:heart

:mug

Sharing his latest picture. It was taken right after his last patrol for this years deployment. Had been a long night...

I was shocked at how grown up he looks and wondered where my little boy I sent to Iraq went....

Fantastic photo.

The time seems like it's flying, to you it probably isn't. It won't be too much longer now. :hug

Thought I would post an update on my project. I am hopeful it will be okay. The ornament I ordered came in today but I'm going to let that be a surprise.

Hope everyone else is having fun with their ornaments. :hook

IMG_2552.jpg

Thanks for sharing the picture! :hug I have two ornaments done. They aren't really Indiana-related as I couldn't get anything to work. They are pretty though. They should go out in the mail today (unless I forget again). One is for Indiana and the other can go to any state you have left over.

I can't wait to see his face when he sees!

Hugs

Kath

Fantastic photo.

The time seems like it's flying, to you it probably isn't. It won't be too much longer now. :hug

Thought I would post an update on my project. I am hopeful it will be okay. The ornament I ordered came in today but I'm going to let that be a surprise.

Hope everyone else is having fun with their ornaments. :hook

IMG_2552.jpg

Are all the states taken??? And has anyone done anything that just says "USA" on it???

I would have loved to have participated in this project, but if all are taken even "USA" then I won't worry about it, but I just want to say.....

thank God for people like your son and "I luv the military" and thank them for all they've done for me.

Archived