July 2009 All Charity Weekend 7/16 - 7/20

nicolep

:cheer I will be hosting this month's all charity weekend from July 16th through July 20th. Thank you, darski, for hosting it the last several months.

Any handmade crocheted (all or in part) will count toward the weekend.

I'm looking forward to being your host for this weekend. :cheer

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm new here and this might be a dumb question but, what are we supposed to do? Beside crocheting.:huh:hook

I'm hoping I do better this month :blush

Remember, every little bit helps!

I'm new here and this might be a dumb question but, what are we supposed to do? Beside crocheting.:huh:hook

The only dumb question is the question not asked! It's four days out of every month that we dedicate to crocheting for charity. You may make whatever you like. We support each other along the way. Some people take pictures and post them. It's really open to whatever you'd like to do.

For example, I crochet burial sets for preemies. Others do something different every month. We'd love to have you along!

I am definitely in for this one. I think I have all I need for my Sunflower lapghan.

i have several WIPs that can keep me busy until the start the festivities.

I really appreciate early notice so I can organize the week. off to put the dates on my calendar at Yahoo. :yay

just :yay

Nicole what pattern do you use for your burial sets?

Glad to hear you'll probably be along! :cheer

For the burial gown, I used this one

The blanket I use really depends on my mood, but I like this one the best.

The booties are from here.

The hat I use is based very loosely on this pattern.

Nicole thanks for hosting this month! :hug Since I need to get some more bookmarks done for the library this might be the perfect time to really get some done. Putting it on my calendar now. See you soon.

Welcome to Crochetville, MoiSharona! :welcome As Nicole said, this is four days when we crochet for charity. I've done such things as preemie afghans, preemie hats, friendship shawls, hats for brain surgery patients, scarves, etc. The Crochetville section on charity projects can also give you lots of ideas of things people are doing and/or need help with.

Thanks for the early heads up on the dates, Nicole. I'm in.

:ty, Nicole, for hosting this month! :clap

I won't have a lot of time next weekend, but will give it my best shot!

Anything's better than nothing, I suppose:D

have a great day, and i'll see you all next weekend!

I think I may just focus on hats and shawls for our next get together. I think I need a break from lapghans for a while. I love them but I just need a change.

However... I have been known to change my mind a time or two. The Sunflower lapghan is calling me to start it already :rofl

This will be my first All Charity Weekend crocheting. I'm at a lose though as what I should make I don't have a good supply of yarn as I had to get out of crocheting for a number of years what I do have is a few skeins of red heart (excuse me while I say ewww yuck) but if I can make something that will help someone out of it I'm all for it. Obviously it isn't soft enough for a baby so NNICU hats are out of the question this time around. Does anyone have any no brainer quick pattern suggestions for me to use? The reason I like no brainer patterns for this type of thing is I like to be thinking positive thoughts and saying private prayers for the future recipient and not have to worry what I'm doing to much.

simple lapghans are a good bet. Since the RH softens up so nicely when washed, it is good to go for adults.

I can't find my link for my fave "granny a la harper" but maybe tomorrow I will have more patience to look :wlol

I was coming to put a note in here too. :wlol

I don't have as much blue yarn as I thought so I am going to finish a bunch of shawls that I have going.

My stashbusting score just can't take any more yarn for a while so I don't want to get any more blue until the fall... If I can do it

:hyper

:huh

I'm glad to see so many people joining in! I might need to do something different than burial sets. I've already been crying enough as it is....I'll have to think on that

I have a saltine preemie ghan that needs to be finished....then there are scarves for the charity in my siggy....

Nicole - have you ever made a RR? They're fun.:yes

Archived